Those of you, who bought the new (Unity-) releases of Ultimate DooM and DooM II from bethesda.net, and downloaded their DLC's (Sigil and Final DooM: TNT and PLUTONIA for Ulimate DooM and "No rest for the livig" and Final DooM: TNT and PLUTONIA for DooM II with the Master levels aleady installed with the initial download of DooM II), might wish to build a wadsmoosh package out of them.
Here are some hopefully helpful hints:
- Buy both, Ultimate DooM and DooM II at Bethesda.net and install them with their launcher/client software.
-- If the games, when launched, refuse to play and to download the DLCs, install GOG-Galaxy from gog.com. Installing that software updates your system with probably missing software components, required by the games.
-- Make sure, to download all the official DLCs/addons, accessible from the 'addons' entries in the game menues.
- Download the Unity DooM Ripper https://github.com/kevansevans/Unity-Do ... r/releases
to extract the required WADs from the UNITY game files.
-- Simply run the exe and it will store all wads, that it finds in an newly created folder, named 'output'.
- Download Wadsmoosh from https://jp.itch.io/wadsmoosh
, unzip the wadsmoosh-zip-package.
- Copy the WAD files from the Bethesda-release into the /sources- directory of wadsnoosh, except for sigil.wad, because that's the third-episode version, made for non gzdoom-source ports.
- Rename DOOMUNITY.WAD into DOOM.WAD.
- Rename DOOM2UNITY.WAD into DOOM2.WAD.
- Rename PLUTONIAUNITY.WAD into PLUTONIA.WAD.
- Rename TNTUNITY.WAD into TNT.WAD.
- Download Free SIGIL Megawad from https://www.romerogames.ie/si6il
. Extract SIGIL_v1_21.zip, rename SIGIL_v1_21.wad into sigil.wad and copy it into wadsmooshs /sources -folder.
- Go to http://www.classicdoom.com/xboxspec.htm
and download xboxspec.zip from there. uncompress it. Copy BETRAY.WAD and SEWERS.WAD into your wadsmoosh /sources directory.
Run Wadsmoosh and you're done!
You can now use doom_complete.pk3 as an iwad with gzdoom.
Here are some cosmetic hints:
If you see a small white font instead of big red letters in the episode selection menue and would prefer the big red ones, follow eharpers256's hint here: viewtopic.php?f=232&t=52757&start=570#p1130194
If you wish to have the SIGIL episode displayed in standard font in the episode selection menue, instead of with the melting effect, tate a look at my posting here: