How to play Duke Nuken 3D: World Tour in Raze

Post your tutorials here to help fellow Raze users get the most out of modding and using Raze!

Moderator: Raze Developers

Phredreeke

Re: How to play Duke Nuken 3D: World Tour in Raze

Post by Phredreeke »

Could be useful to integrate Cryptic Passage in Blood's episode select the way BloodGDX does it
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Graf Zahl wrote:There already is the per-map art file feature. This could be extended to use lists instead of specially named files.
For CON that won't work because scripts are a globally compiled resource.
I know Rachael's remark wasn't fully serious but this would really be somewhat comparable to merging a mod like Hell To Pay into WadSmoosh without the ability to redefine the sprite replacements with DECORATE or ZScript and alter the maps to match the new numbers

Yeah, I know Rachael wasn't fully serious but just say that to those who think it's easy job...

And I forgot the per-map ART file feature from EDuke32...but CON still in other story and that's why I say that.
For smaller CON mod/TCs(like just few USER.CON changes or/and some GAME.CON+DEFS.CON or even extra small CON files) may still be able merge but mods like DN:AA or even other large mods with lot of CON files or the maps needed custom CONs, it would be very challenge work to do, at least not easy for automatic work.
markanini

Post by markanini »

Original post updated as I have found a way to make it work finally. Turns out the WT install folder needs to be copied as a subfolder to Raze.exe, otherwise the path for .CON scripts doesn't mount.
Phredreeke

Post by Phredreeke »

This is a good idea regardless as otherwise you'd be mixing files from several different games in the same directory. At least Blood can't coexist with the others as it has external ART files (which would override the internal ones used in the other games)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You should never mix files from different games in the same directory. Due to how these games set up their file system, the directory containing the main GRP/RFF file needs to be mounted to the file system as an override to the GRP file and all dirt that's being placed there will also be mounted along - bad if it clashes with GRP content.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Not sure if I did something wrong, but it seems to have the same problem as EDuke, where I can't get the incinerator. Is that still a WIP?

I copied the files into steam folder and then copied it into a sub folder in the Raze folder.
Manuel-K

Post by Manuel-K »

Xim wrote:Is that still a WIP?
It's not implemented at all. Apparently nukeykt wants to work on it, but I haven't seen anything resembling a time table.
sinisterseed
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by sinisterseed »

Xim wrote:Not sure if I did something wrong, but it seems to have the same problem as EDuke, where I can't get the incinerator. Is that still a WIP?

I copied the files into steam folder and then copied it into a sub folder in the Raze folder.
WT's new weapons and enemies are currently not supported by any ports.
Manuel-K

Post by Manuel-K »

M210 is currently working on WT support for GDX.
markanini

Post by markanini »

Manuel-K wrote:M210 is currently working on WT support for GDX.
Indeed, it looks like he has a working Incinerator and Firefly trooper that's missing in the stopgap.
Gez

Post by Gez »

So, as of a dozen days ago, official support for World Tour was added to EDuke32 r8791 and previous, and this has been merged in Raze alpha 0.6. The stopgap is still required to properly play World Tour (be it in EDuke32 or in Raze) but it's otherwise fully playable now.
randir14

Post by randir14 »

I'm having trouble getting this to work. I think I followed the instructions correctly: I copied the stopgap files to my World Tour folder, then copied the whole folder to Raze as shown in this pic: https://i.imgur.com/ZIM6d1g.png

But when I try to launch the game I get this error: https://i.imgur.com/5dDoVpy.png

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

With the removal of eDuke32 support from Raze, I suspect these instructions may no longer apply. Is there an alternative yet?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yes, sure. Make sure that the game is in the search path and just start it. There's no more need for that stopgap hackery, World Tour is supported natively.
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

Hello,
please may I ask something? I do not want do new topic fort his. Is possible WT play with normal maps? WT work nice via raze but I still not found solution how enable normal maps.

Return to “Tutorials (Build)”