Raze officially revealed!

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: Raze officially revealed!

Post by PlayerLin »

Graf Zahl wrote:No, the source for its extensions has not been released. AFAIK there's a partial patch for EDuke - that one should work but it's the best to get right now.
https://forums.duke4.net/topic/8966-wor ... y-stopgap/

No new enemy and weapon, as Hendricks266 has no interested on them, also with no source code so some hardcoded shit(yeah, both used some hardcoded shit in WT execution file) won't be there.
Sadly, do not expect shit from Gearbox Shovelware anymore since they already proved they don't care and can't handle Duke's shit well...:3:
Master O

Post by Master O »

Graf Zahl wrote:No, the source for its extensions has not been released. AFAIK there's a partial patch for EDuke - that one should work but it's the best to get right now.
On an unrelated note:

I just tried https://github.com/coelckers/Raze/relea ... _0.4.0.zip and noticed that Duke Caribbean doesn't appear in the selection menu after I put VACA15.SSI in the folder. Is Caribbean not yet supported?

When I put DukeDCPP.SSI for Duke It Out in DC in the folder, that does appear in the selection menu.

Speaking of Duke It Out in DC, although it does show up in the selection menu, I cannot select Duke It Out in DC on the New Game screen.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That particular version is not supported because I couldn't make any sense of the SSI reader in EDuke without reference data and port it to the new file system code. You'd have to send me the file so that I can check how it needs to be set up.
My version of this mod is a regular GRP file which is recognized.
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

It would be cool if Raze got TekWar and Witchaven Support
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

goldenmob72 wrote:It would be cool if Raze got TekWar and Witchaven Support
BuildGDX has that. It's not very likely Raze will get it, because the terms of the source releases for the Capstone games are very unclear.
sinisterseed
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by sinisterseed »

Also these games really aren't good, if they ever get added Graf will probably mess with their mechanics first, and then no more faithful port for these 2.

BuildGDX will do its job for them.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

If I were to mess with their gameplay mechanics that'd be an option, not forced. But as things stand the main blocker is the license.
Gez

Post by Gez »

And let's be honest, there's more important stuff to focus on than integrating more and more engines. Even without the license issues, it's the kind of things that would be on the backburner, behind the "Big Four" and Ion Fury.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

That said, we could really use some help, in case someone is interested in working on this.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Graf Zahl wrote:That said, we could really use some help, in case someone is interested in working on this.
Sadly i am not a programmer, so all i could offer is that when the Raze-specific wiki goes up that ill fill it in with relevant stuff.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

In general my interest in Build is fairly low. Toying with the renderer is the only thing that could interest me a little bit.

That said, my last attempt at having fun with the Raze codebase was promptly ended by a clang code formatter rule that reformatted the entire source file, which in turn meant even tiny changes by Graf on the master branch caused conflicts. The source code in place doesn't actually follow the formatting. After that I'm not willing to do any larger work at all on it until that rule has been removed.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

You can switch that thing off in the MSVC settings. Obviously you have it set too aggressively, which I think it the defaults. But there is an option under Text Editor -> C/C++ where you can change how it works.

But if that's your condition - ok, I'll remove it.
dpJudas

Post by dpJudas »

Thanks. I'd rather not turn such stuff off globally because that will impact projects where clangformat is used correctly.

The problem here is that eduke32 (that's where the rule comes from, right?) has enabled a formatting that does not match the actual codebase. The consequence of that is whenever clangformat gets a little bit confused it formats a much larger section than required it potentially ruins the entire file. Normally it wouldn't be an issue because the file should be using the enforced formatting anyway, but here the format rule is more of the form of "we didn't like the original style, so we made our own and now we have two!".
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'm not sure where precisely it came from. It may also be from NBlood or PCExhumed.
Dancso

Post by Dancso »

What are the odds of us seeing multiplayer for Shadow Warrior at some point?
I bought the classic redux version a while ago and was majorly disappointed when it didn't feature MP or support 4k. :(

Return to “ZDoom (and related) News”