Nobody Told Me About id - We've Moved!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CantSleep

Nobody Told Me About id - We've Moved!

Post by CantSleep »

Hi!! I've moved Nobody Told Me About id to my website for the time being. Future updates will be held there. This thread will undergo some renovation once things get better. Thanks for playing!

cantsleep.cc/ntmai
Last edited by CantSleep on Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 108 times in total.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Nobody Told Me About id v0.1 - A Build Engine-styled mod

Post by Kinsie »

This is real fun and was a blast to help out on, thanks for letting me get involved!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

For me, quite a few of the weapons have gaps between the bottom of the sprite and the edge of the screen when using the full-screen HUD. Anyone else seeing that?

I also find that the angledness of the plasma gun and the centred sprite stream of plasma is a bit odd.

Other than that, so far so good. :D
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

You should add Doomguy quips similar to Duke, Wang, or Caleb quips.
Joblez_I
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Joblez_I »

man, this is great! the way the weapons look and feel, as well as the changed movement and new enemy sprites really works well in making this feel like a build engine game! i seem to have a small error, though. some sprites seem to have an issue where some weapon sprites are a little too short, and seem to have their ends above the viewport. this is specific to the shotgun, chaingun, and super shotgun only, it seems. all the other weapons are fine.
Spoiler:
Besides this, the mod is excellent! i really enjoy it, and i'll probably be playing it a lot! good work!
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

A Duke styled mighty kick would also be cool
CantSleep

Post by CantSleep »

Joblez_I wrote:man, this is great! the way the weapons look and feel, as well as the changed movement and new enemy sprites really works well in making this feel like a build engine game! i seem to have a small error, though. some sprites seem to have an issue where some weapon sprites are a little too short, and seem to have their ends above the viewport. this is specific to the shotgun, chaingun, and super shotgun only, it seems. all the other weapons are fine.
Spoiler:
Besides this, the mod is excellent! i really enjoy it, and i'll probably be playing it a lot! good work!
Enjay wrote:For me, quite a few of the weapons have gaps between the bottom of the sprite and the edge of the screen when using the full-screen HUD. Anyone else seeing that?

Other than that, so far so good. :D
Oops.. seems like I didn't test fullscreen HUD at all. Will fix this in v0.1.1/v0.2/anything, you'll have to stick with vanilla HUD for now. Sorry! :)
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

A few suggestions:
More alt-fires
Destructible corpses and environments
New weapons?
CantSleep

Post by CantSleep »

Artman2004 wrote:Destructible corpses
Noted!! :D
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Judging by what I saw! I am going to love this mod! In the meantime! Expect testing to occur!
CantSleep

Re: Nobody Told Me About id v0.1.1 - A Build Engine-styled m

Post by CantSleep »

Hotfix version 0.1.1 has been released.
  • Fixed offsets for Shotgun, Super Shotgun and Chaingun
  • Changed "Blood pools" option default to On
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

i just see the normal angled mod with ketchup mod.. i see no enhancements nor new things.. why? i am confused
Craneo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Craneo »

TheOldKingCole wrote:A Duke styled mighty kick would also be cool
I second this, I'd also like to see the old Shotgunner design being used (rn it seems to be a Zombieman recolored rather than our good ol' bald boi), otherwise, this seems pretty great, I really like the concept!
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

I'll say that whether due to AI tweaks and/or hitbox changes, the enemies tend to get stuck on walls which leaves them rather vulnerable. Pinkies and Spectres in particular can get stuck hopping up and down on a wall like a hyped up bulldog.
https://webm.red/hMsE.webm
CantSleep

Post by CantSleep »

theroguemonk wrote:i just see the normal angled mod with ketchup mod.. i see no enhancements nor new things.. why? i am confused
Because you most possibly haven't even tried the mod for yourself or made any further progress with it. :lol:
Craneo wrote:
TheOldKingCole wrote:A Duke styled mighty kick would also be cool
I second this, I'd also like to see the old Shotgunner design being used (rn it seems to be a Zombieman recolored rather than our good ol' bald boi), otherwise, this seems pretty great, I really like the concept!
The recolored zombieman is a nod to games like Duke3D where some enemies are just palette swaps of another one but has a different attack.
RikohZX wrote:I'll say that whether due to AI tweaks and/or hitbox changes, the enemies tend to get stuck on walls which leaves them rather vulnerable. Pinkies and Spectres in particular can get stuck hopping up and down on a wall like a hyped up bulldog.
https://webm.red/hMsE.webm
Hmm.. how did you get this issue? In my experience there were no enemies getting stuck by chasing into walls, since they only lose momentum and start turning around whenever they hit a wall. I also haven't changed the hitboxes for the enemies, besides the Spider Mastermind. The only way they could get stuck is because of poor map thing placement, for example in E1M1 (In which case I have to use +FIXMAPTHINGPOS, except that fixes things that are only stuck in 1-sided walls). Give details and I'll look into it :wink:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”