Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.11) Give up your soul for extra points

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.1) "Memory Loss"

Post by Tapwave »

Update!
Highlights:
- Implemented namespaces/folders for the Lite HUD. If enabled, combine all the stats of weapons in that namespace into a single entity. Currently includes: DRLA, Final Doomer, and Bullet-Eye.

- Added visibility flags to Lite HUD so you can toggle individual elements on and off. Lite HUD Options -> Advanced Options.

- Added support for changing colors of individual fields in the Lite HUD. Only works on the Lite HUD.

- Added a "total kills" page that lists every monster and how many times it has been killed, as expected of a page that's called "total kills".

- Massive performance boost to the scorecard as expensive info is no longer updated all the time.

- Expand kill sounds to allow defining of new sounds instead of having to replace existing ones. In SNDINFO, WT/KillSound6 is "Custom 1", WT/KillSound7 is "Custom 2" and so on up to "Custom 5".

- Rearranged menu.

New Features:
- Added a "scale" option that works alongside the main HUD scale.
- Added explicit handling of telefragging. It's now attributed to an internal mod-defined weapon called WT_Telefrag. Don't try to give yourself this, it will disappear the moment you equip it.
- Added Lite HUD orientation toggle. Horizontal orientation might be a bit weird.
- Added global X offset to the Lite HUD.
- Added option to set opacity for the Lite HUD.
- Added localization support for custom sounds. Define KILLSOUND_CUSTOM_# in LANGUAGE.txt, where # is a number from 1 to 5 (incl.) to change the name of the option.
- Added "WT_ToggleSaving" for use with the netevent console command. It saves data to the dictionaries so the HUD is updated, but does not save it to the config file. Re-enabling saving resets progress to what it was before you disabled saving. This is only used for temporary debugging when you don't want to affect your actual stats.

Bugfixes:
- Severely reduced the impact of the memory leak, making it realistically impossible to crash under normal circumstances unless you spent like 24 hours doing nothing but playing Doom. Get some air!
- Fixed powered up weapons counting as separate classes.
- Fixed switching between weapons not resetting the selected monster page, which sometimes causes an empty page to appear.
- Fixed a critical bug where ending a level with the scorecard still open (death exits can trigger it) would lock you in the intermission screen and no input will be read, forcing you to Alt-F4 and lose progress.

Balance:
- Lifted max monster health cap (for XP calculation) from 10000 to 12000.

Visual:
- Lite HUD offsets now shift by 5 instead of 10. Also changed the numbers to actually reflect how much you shift by. Used to be that number on the slider was multiplied by 10 internally. Now the number is passed directly.
- Removed monster kill preference.
- Added truncation to weapon name in scorecard.
- Weapon name can now span multiple lines in the Lite HUD if it's too long.
- Renamed "Toggle Stats Panel" to "Toggle Scorecard".
- Force scaling down of sprites to fit in weapon icon display if they're too large.

Other:
- Some puffs may have +MISSILE. Don't consider them projectiles if they actually have any puff flags set.
- Updated README.md to add a section about folder support and one for newcomers, both are under "Important". Read the manual!
- Updated README.md to add more info for new players.
- Updated README.md to suggest a workaround for the IWAD issue.
- Added Incompatibility list to README.md.
- Added more "mod support" stuff to the readme.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.1) "Memory Loss"

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Wonderful!!! Great job.
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.2) "ABSOLUTELY STATISTICAL"

Post by Tapwave »

You thought we couldn't have a second major so soon? YOU THOUGHT WRONG.
Highlights:
- Added support for defining more than one folder per mod. However, only one folder can be active at all times.
- Added support for custom actor tags that override the natively-defined tags. Should only be defined if the native tags are repetitive and thus confusing.
- Further reduced the impact of the memory leak by updating each element separately, and only updating when there's a reason to.
- Added an optional hardcoded blacklist to exclude certain actors from being tracked. Enabled by default. Does not remove existing actors from scorecard. Currently only blacklists Hideous Destructor's healing items, sprinting and backpack.

New Features:
- Added scaling to the scorecard as well. Same deal as with the Lite HUD.
- Added support for holding down the keys instead of having to mash them. Goes kinda fast, though.
- Added "Game" folder for Final Doomer.
- Added "Assembly Type" and "Rarity" DRLA folders; made by Tapwave.
- Added "Weapon Type" folder for Bullet-Eye weapons. By weapon type I mean "Power", "Rapid, "Tech", etc.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed some long names going out of bounds.

Visual:
- Updated some medals. Thanks, Mor'ladim!
- Made the monster page wider and made the colors alternate for better visibility.
- Lite HUD color options now use the HUD font to better reflect the color. It's an overkill QoL feature.
- Added 4 new colors: Faded Blue (Alt), Orange, Faded Orange, and Faded Orange (Alt). The (Alt) versions are brighter.

Other:
- Weapon preference is now only between available weapons rather than all of them ever, because that makes marginally more sense.
- Renamed the 'wt_panel_blackdisplay' CVar to 'wt_scorecard_blackdisplays' for consistency. This will reset the option, so check it if you were using darker display.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

forget what i said i had some mild brain damage for a sec
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Captain J wrote:I freaking lost it when i could flip enemies to death. And they would even gib too! The instant exp spending strategy is very useful and i can purchase anywhere, anytime. So that's a good thing!

But here's my feedback: The flame on watery surface after destroying the explosive barrel would splash a lot. I found it rather comical. And the power node displays the famous "you got a pickup" message when picked up.

And i really have to talk about giving me too much of rocket ammo. It just makes the game much easier.

Also the funny sounds playing when killing enemies are hilarious as well. Nice to see the mod that is being both serious and funny at the same time. Kudos!
I'm sorry, the doom EXP club is two blocks down :P
vanhruken
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by vanhruken »

Had to create an account to tell you how happy i am with the mod! Tested with different stuff and it works fine. 8-)
Spoiler:
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

vanhruken wrote:Had to create an account to tell you how happy i am with the mod! Tested with different stuff and it works fine. 8-)
Spoiler:
The original name for Fragtrak was Strange Weapons so you're definitely on the mark there. :P
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It's a big bloop i made Sorry
Last edited by Captain J on Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Captain J wrote:What do you mean by, doom EXP club? I'm afraid i don't know the mod at all. I'm just enjoying War Trophies and sent you some feedback for your own project.
I think you were commenting about features from a totally different mod because none of what you mentioned is actually included in this project! It's just a stat tracker, you're definitely talking about some other mod you loaded it with.
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.2.1) "ABSOLUTELY STATISTICAL (seriously)

Post by Tapwave »

A patch has been published to resolve some issues discovered after the release of Russian Overkill 3.0 (go play it, seriously)
Fixes:
- Fixed a critical bug where the "wait" keyword is not handled properly, resulting in a freeze. Converted the 'while' loop into a 'for' loop with max 30 iterations. If it can't find a valid sprite within 30 frames, don't display any sprite. And for the love of god, DON'T use "wait" in the Select/Deselect states.
- Fixed a bug where opening the scorecard while kill saving is disabled would not behave as expected due to a misplaced if statement.

Visual:
- Weapon preference is now a floating point value instead of an integer. Greater accuracy, no "0%".
- Added forced tags for Bullet-Eye weapons.

Other:
- Added HD's mag and item managers to the blacklist.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Uhhhhhhhhhh my sincere apologies for mistaking... I actually downloaded some hefty mods to try out and i guess i forgot which one i exactly played, big time. Anyway thanks for clarifying. I'm going to play this mod for real soon. Then i could give you some feedback!

EDIT: Right. Here are my feedback: Would be nice if there are custom sound effects for stat screen. Browsing through the screen without them sounds is quite boring. Also do i really have to press ESC key to close the screen? Why not just press the dedicated button again to save some time and the finger? That would be nice, at least.

Lastly, is there an option to activate the damage or speed buff for my freshly leveled up weapon? To turn it on and off? Again, that would be nice.

Also i'm really surprised that it's also compatible with the original, and custom TCs like The Adventures of Square. It's indeed a Universal Addon for everyone!
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

EDIT: Right. Here are my feedback: Would be nice if there are custom sound effects for stat screen. Browsing through the screen without them sounds is quite boring. Also do i really have to press ESC key to close the screen? Why not just press the dedicated button again to save some time and the finger? That would be nice, at least.
Sounds are possible. Button thing not so much. I've tried it before, but didn't get far. I think ESC is still intuitive enough.
Lastly, is there an option to activate the damage or speed buff for my freshly leveled up weapon? To turn it on and off? Again, that would be nice.
Wrong mod again, Cap'n. :P
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.2.2) "ABSOLUTELY STATISTICAL (promise)"

Post by Tapwave »

FUGBIX!
Fixes:
- Fixed wrong stats being displayed for the autoselected weapon when opening the scorecard.
- Fixed weapon stats overlapping with player stats if both genocide and player ranks are too short.
- Fixed overscrolling of some monster pages in the main view.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for the bump Tap, but, how many player ranks there are in War Trophies?
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Sorry for the bump Tap, but, how many player ranks there are in War Trophies?
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”