Almost three years have passed since I forked GZDB and continued it's maintenance.
Originally, the name GZDB-Bugfix seemed correct, since that was the whole point; I didn't really insist on putting my name anywhere other than the "maintainer" notice, either.
However, over these years we had quite a history — a lot of new stuff was added and not necessarily by myself.
I feel it's not very fair towards these people to continue claiming that the editor is created solely by MaxED, and as GZDoomBuilder name belongs to MaxED... here it is, a name change!
(also, the GZDB name was really disliked by Graf Zahl, apparently, so Merry Christmas, Graf!)
For totally new people: this is a level editor
- 2.4 GHz CPU or faster (multi-core recommended)
- Windows 7, 8 or 10
- Graphics card with OpenGL 3.3 support
Beware: this requirement is new! If GZDB-BF works for you, UDB may not.
But, if latest GZDoom works for you in 3D mode, UDB will, too.
Because of this, GZDB-BF will not automatically update to UDB.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.2: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/d ... ork/net472
Setup: 64-bit / 32-bit
Latest binaries link: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ultimatedoombuilder/
GitHub URL: https://github.com/jewalky/UltimateDoomBuilder
Note: the devbuild is at least somewhat guaranteed to work for you. The repo, on the other side, can be in an intermediate or outright broken state. Remember that if you are building from the sources.
Bugs and proposals: https://github.com/jewalky/UltimateDoomBuilder/issues
- All the features of the original GZDB!
- ZScript support
- Visual attenuated lights support
- Visual spotlights support
- Doom 64 sector lighting support
- Visual slope editing by Boris (you can slope lines and vertices on non-triangular sectors!)
- UE1, OBJ model support
- Dynamic lights are 1:1 to GZDoom's appearance
- Various bugfixes (e.g. dynamic light intensive maps work better, less crashes)
- Various performance optimizations
- Faster and more reliable resource (re)loading
- Native 64-bit version implemented by StrikerMan780
- Better Linux compatibility implemented by dpJudas & Talon1024
- No Direct3D / SlimDX (removed by dpJudas)
- No text lump editing (other than SCRIPTS/DIALOGUE)
Bug reporting notice:
When and if you report a bug, make sure to provide the full stack trace, steps to reproduce and (if applicable) a minimal example map (for example, a map that has only one sector which causes the bug).
Also, in case the editor does not start at all, please provide information about your hardware (video card specifically).