Ac!d's Eriguns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ac!d

Ac!d's Eriguns

Post by Ac!d »

This is my first mod, and it's made on ZScript.

Spoiler: Weapons
In case of feedback, or if I forgot someone in the credits, please let me know. (Credits are inside the PK3 file)

Download

Weapons Showcase by Matt Eldrydge. Check out his channel !

Matt Eldrydge also made a walktrough with Doom 2 In Name Only - Russian Variation.

This is a simple addon which change the color of the machinegun from green to blue.
Attachments
smg blue.wad
Credits goes to Ac!d for the translation.
(112.09 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
Last edited by Ac!d on Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:04 am, edited 50 times in total.
Crudux Cruo

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns (A "tactical" version of Xaser's Eriguns)

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Hey, Just wanted to say the execution of the hud and the spritework and reloads is pretty cool.

Basically...

The damage is increased about 20% for all bullet/shell weapons but fire at the same rate to make up for reloading.
Pistol and MG are perfectly accurate.
Shotgun is loosey goosey
Super is same but can do up to 10 damage a pellet - really really op IMO, one less pellet.
Gatling gun is basically same as chaingun but also does up to 12 damage a bullet (50%)
Grenade launcher does 220% more damage but also has shorter range, does not bounce.
Missile launcher fires a little faster and shoots 2 homing missiles with identical damage to rocket.
Plasma rifle got a ROF nerf with the same damage... not a good trade off.\
autoshotgun fires a perfectly accurate slug doing up to 15% more damage x 5 pellets worth of damage.
Chainsaw is double speed.

I guess my question is what exactly are you going for, vanilla or enhanced vanilla or vanilla with some pizazz, or what have you?

If it were me i'd rather keep the damage formulas but have more speedy, responsive weapons.

Adding damage is ok too, but i would say you need to make it uniform. especially with shotguns when you change the spread on the classic shotgun it totally changes the way you play that weapon, as with the auto"sniper"shotgun.

ALSO, would be nice to have new sounds to go with.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Thanks for the feedback ! Some changes have been made : The weapons are a bit more balanced (I guess...) and Quake II weapons sounds are added (Credits to Id Software).

I also need some new sprites for the shotgun (the reloading frames are black).
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Hey, check your inbox, i made some tweaks you might appreciate! Might be able to help on those sprites, this weekend i'll be more free.

oh, and i was toying with the double missile launcher and the tracking on the missiles is pretty terrible. is there a way we could have a delayed heat seeking or less aggressive heat seeking like revenant balls?
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Crudux Cruo wrote:i made some tweaks you might appreciate!
Pretty good ! It's more tactical but the speed of the sprites will not change for the next update.
For the missile launcher, I don't know what are the reals values of A_Explode() (the wiki says that the explosion and the radius are set to -1 by default)
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

I did IDFA and console "give all" to check for the heavyMG and railgun, and I haven't got either.
Edit: Tried the other commands, heavy machinegun definitely needs some more punch to it.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Machinegun, AutoShotgun, HeavyMachinegun, Grenade Launcher, Missile Launcher and Railgun are +WEAPON.CHEATNOTWEAPON. You can write on the command give / summon eri(weapon) or write WeaponsCheat.

PowerupsCheat gives all powerups.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Update ! (Version Alpha 1.1 - 20 Aug 2019)

Changelog :

- Removed the +WEAPON.CHEATNOTWEAPON flag for the weapons
- Added some new effects for the railgun (zoom and trail)
- Changed the damage of the hitscan weapons (pistol, shotguns, machineguns)
- Modified the machinegun reload animation
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Update ! (Version Alpha 1.2 - 03 Sep 2019)

Changelog :

- Added the dual pistol (credit to LizardCommando's (LizardCommando's Eriguns) and PA1NKI113R (code) )
- Fixed some code lines.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Not bad! The overall mod isn't too bad. Adding reloading functions give this mod an extra tactical feel to it. I'm not sure if I want to add reloading in my mod too.

Some criticisms: I feel like the grey rifle is a bit redundant. There's already a machine-gun and the pistol. It doesn't really add anything aside from being a recolored auto shotgun. The dual pistols feel kinda clunky to use. The controls don't feel responsive with them, in my opinion.

Other than that, I'm liking it so far.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Update ! (Version Beta 1.0 - 11 Sep 2019)

Changelog :

- Added the fire modes for the Dual Pistols (Press "Zoom") and the Machinegun (Press "AltFire").
- Removed the Heavy Machinegun.
- Removed the bullet puffs sprites, now replaced by particules (credit to Skelegant (Lt. Typhon))
- Modified the machinegun reload animation
- Fixed some code lines.

- Reload code : Now you can switch shotgun and supershotgun while reloading !

I will make some changes about the railgun (sprites and effects).
Once again, in cases of bugs, changes or if I forgot someone in the credits, please let me know ASAP.
Ac!d

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns : Beta 1.1

Post by Ac!d »

Update ! (Version Beta 1.1 - 20 Nov 2019)

Changelog :

- Press "AltFire" with the pistol to switch to the dual pistols (if you picked up an other from a zombieman).
- Modified the machinegun reload animation for the last time and decrease the mag capacity (30 -> 20).
- Fixed some code lines.

- Add some menus from the weapons options (akimbo and weapons spawners).

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=22457&start=5490
I really need this request to the reload animation of the shotgun. (The spriter will be credited)
Ac!d

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.2

Post by Ac!d »

Update ! (Version 1.2 - 24 Nov 2019)

Changelog :

- Grenade Launcher "Proximity Mines" mode (Press "Reload" to activate / deactivate and "AltFire" to trigger the mines in "Proximity Mines" mode)
- Changed some animations for the SuperShotgun, AutoShotgun, Rocket/Grenade/Missile Launcher.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

What happened to the HeavyMachinegun? Why not just replace the regular MG with it?
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

EddieMann wrote:What happened to the HeavyMachinegun? Why not just replace the regular MG with it?
lizardcommando wrote:Some criticisms: I feel like the grey rifle is a bit redundant. There's already a machine-gun and the pistol. It doesn't really add anything aside from being a recolored auto shotgun.
The HeavyMachinegun looks like a reskin of the AutoShotgun. But don't worry about that, I can make an addon for the mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”