Doomreal [1.2]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [RC1] Doomreal

Post by Kinsie »

Slax wrote:
Marisa Kirisame wrote:Still haven't decided on whether to separate the proto stuff into an add-on or not, so it's time to vote.
Might as well make it a menu option. Not that much bloat.
Yeah, I'd basically add a CVar switching between the current mix-and-match, Retail Weapons Only and Prototypes Only.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Re: [RC1] Doomreal

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Oh, so the overly complicated solution.

Edit: A "beta only" option would be impossible, that would get rid of the vast majority of items, you know...

Edit numero dos: OK, I've gone with the option to be able to toggle all betastuffs. Had to come up with an alternative allmap replacer tho.
snarkel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [RC3] Doomreal

Post by snarkel »

Haven't don't anything too crazy yet but i took a quick look at the latest release you have on the github and i noticed the amplifier seems more broken now. It seems to not be activating consistently and despite the patch note saying so, said amplifier seems to not disappear once the charge is used up, picking up a new one doesn't seem to fix it either. I even tried dropping the old one but nothing happens. Dunno if that's just on my end or not though. Might want to check that out? Otherwise, the Peacemaker buffs and the switch for having multiple suits is really awesome! Kinda dissapointed in the Protomag not getting a buff or anything but that's more of a personal nitpick. Keep up the good work though! I'm excited for the next update whatever/whenever that may be!

EDIT: Obviously this varies between players but the Flamer drops my frames a tad again now that you've restored the density. Its not a drop enough to make it unusable but i figured i'd let you know for results
Marisa the Magician

The Amplifier has been fixed.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Can you add an option to switch between the Powershield absorbing 200 points of damage as in the base game instead of taking 200 hits?
Marisa the Magician

Oh, oops. I don't know what actually gave me the idea that it absorbed hits instead of damage. I've added the cvar now for changing that.

Also, it seems like the power shield WAS meant to lose charge every second, at least in older versions, but there were code changes here and there and things broke.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Very peculiar item indeed. In the Unreal campaign it only appears once, atop a stack of boxes in Demon Crater. Jump boots required. Yeah, in 227 it does lose charge, but only one second after incuring damage and even then the script doesn't loop. If you want to keep it until the Queen you do best not getting hit from then onwards. If it wasn't for the ability to wear it with the regular belt in tandem, there wouldn't really a point in stockpiling for the endgame.
Xada

Post by Xada »

A few things I've noticed,

Picking up the new armor bonus item seems to reveal the map for some reason, as if you're picking up the automap.

Sometimes certain mobs (may be a custom mob thing specifically though) will explode from stinger rounds continuously on death, clearly much longer than intended. I saw a chaingunner die and explode for a solid 15 or so odd seconds straight. Was funny as hell to watch, but I get the feeling unintended.

There appears to be a few odd hiccups in performance-- notably whenever the Quadshot is picked up the game halts briefly before resuming. I assume this has to do with loading the model/animations and may be unavoidable, though figured It'd be worth mentioning.

Edit: Although more a Doom Tournament thing, I notice the UT Blood replacer often causes lag when blood is spawned several times during a mob's state. Again this may be due to how it works and by extent, unsolvable at current? Regardless though I notice it gets especially bad with mobs like, say, Jetpack Zombie which spawns multiple blood particles during it's death state and as a result can slow the game to a halt for long periods.

Having a blast with this at any rate. It's easily become one of my main go-to's for playing through campaigns. I am also quite comfortable with the accuracy changes to the Protomags-- they feel a lot more balanced now-- and handy in a lot of larger areas/careful situations (ie Sigil.) Your work here has been outstanding, always looking forward to any additions and concepts you think up.
Marisa the Magician

Xada wrote:Picking up the new armor bonus item seems to reveal the map for some reason, as if you're picking up the automap.
Oops, that's what I get for blindly copypasting code.
Xada wrote:Sometimes certain mobs (may be a custom mob thing specifically though) will explode from stinger rounds continuously on death, clearly much longer than intended. I saw a chaingunner die and explode for a solid 15 or so odd seconds straight. Was funny as hell to watch, but I get the feeling unintended.
Sounds like I need to cap the max explosive charge. Unreal 0.83 didn't do it but then again it was an alpha build of the engine so... yeah. I'll see about that.
Xada wrote:There appears to be a few odd hiccups in performance-- notably whenever the Quadshot is picked up the game halts briefly before resuming. I assume this has to do with loading the model/animations and may be unavoidable, though figured It'd be worth mentioning.
I'm actually surprised by this, considering I managed to cut down on the model's size A LOT during development (was 5MB initially). I don't know if I could really do anything about this.
Xada wrote:Edit: Although more a Doom Tournament thing, I notice the UT Blood replacer often causes lag when blood is spawned several times during a mob's state. Again this may be due to how it works and by extent, unsolvable at current? Regardless though I notice it gets especially bad with mobs like, say, Jetpack Zombie which spawns multiple blood particles during it's death state and as a result can slow the game to a halt for long periods.
The UT Blood feature (along with the gibbing) is honestly still not that stable and I tend to prefer just disabling it and using Nashgore instead. Now that I implemented particle meshes I might actually be able to reproduce the effects adequately, in a lighter way, doing the trails and spurts and whatnot.
Xada wrote:Having a blast with this at any rate. It's easily become one of my main go-to's for playing through campaigns. I am also quite comfortable with the accuracy changes to the Protomags-- they feel a lot more balanced now-- and handy in a lot of larger areas/careful situations (ie Sigil.) Your work here has been outstanding, always looking forward to any additions and concepts you think up.
Much appreciated.
Marisa the Magician

Re: [RC4] Doomreal

Alright, Release Candidate 4 should pretty much be the final one. 1.0 will come when GZDoom gets updated and the mod will no longer need to run off devbuilds. Then it's on to making the RTNP add-on and the rest.

Edit: Spoke too soon, there's a hotfix now, but it should be the only one.
Xada

Post by Xada »

I am unsure how compatible this mod is intended to be with Heretic, though I did notice some items (specifically the AllMap) shows as a classic ZDoom error during gameplay-- it appears to be directing to an outdated Allmap entity that doesn't exist? This could just be me reading too much into a unsupported feature though.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

AFAIK Doomreal has two different Allmap actors now, depending on if prototype/beta content is enabled or not. So something got broken, as Heretic should be fully supported.
Marisa the Magician

Oh oops, one of the replacers uses Doom sprite names, my bad.
Marisa the Magician

Re: Doomreal [1.0]

Hey so... 1.0 is out. I haven't actually had the time to do a thorough test of everything, so please, report anything wrong with it.

Like with the 1.0 release of Doom Tournament, you no longer need to screw around with devbuilds, just use 4.2.3 (or higher).
Helion

Re: Doomreal [1.0]

Post by Helion »

Hey, I have not played around with this too much yet, but I noticed that the Automag and the other pistol (no idea what it is) have a big delay on shooting, the original game doesn't have this and fires immediately when you left click, could you fix this?

Also, the Quadshot is really awesome, the shooting, reloading and sounds are really nice, it all just comes together as a really satisfying weapon, would be even better with the ability to reload 1 or 2 shells at a time for faster reload.

Right now it will eject only the same amount of shells you used, but the animation is still all 4 shells.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”