[WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
D3athStalker

[WIP2] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by D3athStalker »

A few pints of slaughter, is all I ask.

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/AXjUAub

Not sure if there are any Mortal Kombat inspired mods out there but since it's my one of the two favourite games (the other one is Doom), I've decided to make one. This mod puts you in the shoes of the sadistic blood sorceress names Skarlet, where she is out for blood, ready to brutally slaughter anything that gets on her way. Similar to Doom Incarnate, this mod supports any sort of monster mod.

REMEMBER TO LOOK AT THE READ THIS PAGE IN THE MOD BEFORE YOU START PLAYING!!!

Link: https://mega.nz/#!QtAVFSia!3DM1xuGodlBQ ... MHYWTNc1_Q

Older versions
Spoiler:
Spoiler: Elements
Spoiler: Weapons
Spoiler: Spells
Spoiler: Powerups
Spoiler: Screenshots
Spoiler: Credits
Last edited by D3athStalker on Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [WIP] Thy Blood Konsumed: Vampiric Power Fantasy

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Mortak Kombat Mythologies: Skarlet!

Seriously though, this is great! Loved the choice of character and way the spells were implemented, i wanted to do something like that for a mod i made some time ago instead of going the other way around.

Congrats!
GoldenGuard95
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by GoldenGuard95 »

Ill might do montage from this on my YT channel. Looking great just from the screenshots. Cant wait to play this when i have free while.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

The old Vampire> The masquerade> Redemption had some very nice UI elements if you are looking for additional graphics.
Great idea and somethig I think I haven't seen so far in Doom.
It would be nice if the screenshots would be viewabble directly (inside spoiler tags) without having to open each link.
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

the scythes vampiric edge has a tendency to not damage the enemy and even go straight through them without taking or giving any health. EDIT: At close range
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

I think this is an interesting project. I´ve just downloaded and tried it and looks very good, I am used to simpler mods and this mod is like playing diablo 2 but in fps, at least for me, there are many things and I have to get used to them but I think you have had a great idea making this mod.

Thank you for sharing it with us. I can´t avoid to think I must play this with heretic and hexen, I´ve tried it and it works but is noticeable that the mod is made to work with Doom.

Could be possible to make the mod work at least with heretic? Or I am asking to much? If not I can use cheats and I,m ready but I think it could be great to play it also with heretic.

It also suits me a magic enemy generator if it exists. I don´t know if this exists.

Anyway, great job!
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

GAA1992 wrote:Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Skarlet!

Seriously though, this is great! Loved the choice of character and way the spells were implemented, i wanted to do something like that for a mod i made some time ago instead of going the other way around.

Congrats!
Thanks man, I highly appreciate it. I was actually thinking of making an MK themed mod as Skarlet for a long time (before MK11 was released) and then due to her lack of fleshed out character and my lack of creativity, I decided to start with Kitana as the protagonist. But after MK11 got released and seeing how fleshed out Skarlet became, I said fuck it and made her the protagonist instead cuz she instantly became my #1 favourite character (well, not instantly. I don't like her default outfit, which was the very first outfit that we saw in the gameplay trailer).
GoldenGuard95 wrote:Ill might do montage from this on my YT channel. Looking great just from the screenshots. Cant wait to play this when i have free while.
Looking forward to it, will include it in gameplay videos spoiler after I open up one.
Cherno wrote:The old Vampire> The masquerade> Redemption had some very nice UI elements if you are looking for additional graphics.
Great idea and somethig I think I haven't seen so far in Doom.
It would be nice if the screenshots would be viewabble directly (inside spoiler tags) without having to open each link.
I'll definitely revamp the HUD as the mod progresses and thanks for the suggestion. Although I don't own the game, nor I know how to rip its game files. If you have / find the ripped HUD aspects of that game, feel free to PM me.

And I left the screenie links like that in case they show up in the page and yoink all the mobile data because those screenshots are HUGE.
thedeathrunner123 wrote:the scythes vampiric edge has a tendency to not damage the enemy and even go straight through them without taking or giving any health. EDIT: At close range
Appreciate the feedback, gonna fix it in the next update.
GRUARRR wrote:Thank you for sharing it with us. I can´t avoid to think I must play this with heretic and hexen, I´ve tried it and it works but is noticeable that the mod is made to work with Doom.

Could be possible to make the mod work at least with heretic? Or I am asking to much? If not I can use cheats and I,m ready but I think it could be great to play it also with heretic.
I seriously consider adding Heretic support to this mod (and maybe Hexen), so you're def not asking too much. Lol
ValeriePalerie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ValeriePalerie »

Enjoying this so much; using the Kriegsland II enemies for that classic Bloodrayne experience 8-)

Main issue I'm having is that mode switching weapons seems to have a bit of input lag, other than that it's be breezy.
MFG38

Post by MFG38 »

This looks interesting. Just downloaded, will give this a spin later.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

I thought Skarlet and her blood magic was sexy hot in MK11, so I'm naturally excited for this mod. :wub:

Thank you for making this mod!
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

I'm telling you, this mod it's damn original and very well planned and developed
It feels like you're really playing another game (or better, another character), the features and game mechanics are pretty much top tier
Currently I'm going throught Knee Deep in the Dead with it and haven't found any issues, bugs or problems, it feels good to play, you're doing a wonderful job, congratulations
I'm sure this will become one of the greatest Doom mods when it will be noticed
Hope you continue with the development and upgrading, because the quality of your work is really high, and much can be done to improve it even further
If you will ever be intentioned to release a dedicated/themed campaign, let me know, I'm more than willing to put some mapping skills on this project (I like the vampire theme in general, so it's even better)
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

ValeriePalerie wrote:Enjoying this so much; using the Kriegsland II enemies for that classic Bloodrayne experience 8-)

Main issue I'm having is that mode switching weapons seems to have a bit of input lag, other than that it's be breezy.
Ah, I see that you're a man of culture as well. And yeah, I'm thinking of giving it a separate button and/or polish it.
Buckethell II wrote:I'm telling you, this mod it's damn original and very well planned and developed
It feels like you're really playing another game (or better, another character), the features and game mechanics are pretty much top tier
Currently I'm going throught Knee Deep in the Dead with it and haven't found any issues, bugs or problems, it feels good to play, you're doing a wonderful job, congratulations
I'm sure this will become one of the greatest Doom mods when it will be noticed
Hope you continue with the development and upgrading, because the quality of your work is really high, and much can be done to improve it even further
If you will ever be intentioned to release a dedicated/themed campaign, let me know, I'm more than willing to put some mapping skills on this project (I like the vampire theme in general, so it's even better)
Thanks man, that means a lot to me. And this is just a WIP and I will include much more stuff as time goes by. Although I'm not planning a campaign atm but if the mod expands enough, I'll give you a call if I plan to make any.
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

This mod is awesome. Running it on Scythe II with the Daggerfall enemies pack for that fantasy experience and I'm having an incredible time.
Enarkz

Post by Enarkz »

Very nice mod ! Not much to say beside this but i couldn't help but saying it
MFG38

Post by MFG38 »

Had a run through the first 5 levels of Doom 2 with this. I didn't experience everything the mod has to offer, but it did leave a pretty good first impression. The weapons and spells were overall satisfying to use and seemed well-balanced. No major complaints from me, really - aside from the Red Rain spell causing serious FPS drops on my system.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”