Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Duke Nuke 3D v10b

Postby Gideon020 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:19 am

Has anyone noticed that the enemies don't drop ammo? Because it would be nice if the enemies actually dropped ammo.
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby Artman2004 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:07 pm

This mod has a lot of flaws that keep it from being good:

1. Too many redundant weapons. I love having lots of weapons to play around with, but even this is too much. Not to mention most of them feel unsatisfying to use and all act the same.

2. Too many bullet sponges that dish out too much damage. I get you're trying to replicate DN3D in Doom, but it can make maps completely unplayable (especially the beginning levels where you only have a pistol).

3. Not enough health or ammo. You certainly don't feel like a badass trying to scavenge up enough ammo to deal with the 9000 pig cops and other unfairly balanced enemies in each level.

4. For some reason, the game looks a lot more grey than vanilla Doom. I certainly don't remember DN3D being this colorless.
Artman2004

Postby mutator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:03 am

i love the mod alot, in duke nukem forever your health gets regenerated, is it possible to put that in this mod too?
mutator

Postby eyesoftheworld94 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:46 am

Have you thought about remaking the episodes from Duke Nukem 3D for a full-on remake in the GZDoom Engine?
eyesoftheworld94

Postby Xim » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:51 am

eyesoftheworld94 wrote:Have you thought about remaking the episodes from Duke Nukem 3D for a full-on remake in the GZDoom Engine?

Doing stuff like that might trigger a cease and desist. I think the 1st episode might have been released as shareware though.
Xim

Postby delroku » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:51 pm

Valherran wrote:I
5. A small list of weapons that should get replaced:
Pistols > Blacktail (maybe bind a dual wield key for both as well)
Shotgun > Assault Shotgun
Chaingun Cannon > Minigun

Overall, pretty good release, hope to see more.

Noooooo don't replace weapons pls
In fact I came here just to see if there was any hope for the dual MP5s the heat seeker rocket launcher and the Grenade launcher from Duke Nukem 64 to make it into the game
Then it would be the best Duke Nukem mod maybe ever
It might sound like the rant of a dumb not yet modder but imo the more guns there are the best, like the AMC team mod it's got so many useless weapons that are almost the same but with different stats, and it's so fun.
There's also all those Duke Nukem Forever weapons from the 2001 that would be cool additions, plus I think there were another cool ones in the non fps games.

Aside from that great mod, it's like on my list of mods Imma regularly check for updates.
delroku

Postby skdursh » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:41 am

Uh, is this you https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-3 ... ents-fixes or did someone just steal your mod and reupload it?
skdursh

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods