[WIP] Rewards (Chests, Enemies Loot and Completionism)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[WIP] Rewards (Chests, Enemies Loot and Completionism)

Postby Buckethell II » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:04 am

-------------
DOWNLOAD

When the mod is completed.
If someone want to help, especially with coding, you're welcome.

------------
FEATURES

- Random loot from chests [Mods Compatible] : There are four tiered chests, when the player completes 100% of the map, the RNG spawn one of those four tiered chest in front of the player.
- Enemies drop items [Mods Compatible] : The more health an enemy does have, the more chance to drop better items or more quantity.
- A four slot inventory to carry items with yourself [Mods Compatible] : The player start with a four slots space inventory, so you will not waste rarer drops, and there is a bit of inventory management too.

------------------
HOW IT WORKS

Mods compatibility: Gameplay mods will be supported, so that every item, power-up and weapon that comes with every mod, will be in the loot pool of both monsters and chests. Monsters mod replacers will be supported too.

The chests: In every level, when the player picks 75% of the items and kills 75% of the enemies, and find at least half of the secrets, a computer map will be given to explore the map completely to help finding the hardest secrets, doing so you will be able to complete 100% of the map, allowing the chest to spawn. There are four tiered chests, from common to rare quality, the rarer the chest, the rarer the loot. [NOTE: If you find doubles of a drop/loot, you can carry it up to 8 times for common quality, 4 times for not common quality and 2 times for rare quality]

The random drops from enemies: Based on how much HP the enemies have, they drop various items (in a limited and balanced way) so that the player does have an extra reward for killing enemies, even the lesser ones.

-----------------
FUTURE IDEAS

Maybe an experience system that comes with a few stats and some special abilities, but at the moment the focus is on the above features (Every suggestion is welcome for any feature you have in mind !)

----------
THANKS

To Jason Perry for the chests sprites (http://finalbossblues.com/)
To Officer_D (https://www.moddb.com/members/officer-d) for his patience and permission to use DooM EXP as a resource (Check it out, it's an hidden diamond of a mod https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-exp)
To Cherno (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=19439) for the zScripts of the random drops
Last edited by Buckethell II on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckethell II
Baron of Hell

Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit

Re: [WIP] Rewards (Chests, Enemies Loot and Completionism)

Postby Gorec » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:37 am

nice will use this when its done.can i store powerups like invul or invis?
Gorec

Postby Buckethell II » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 am

Gorec wrote:nice will use this when its done.can i store powerups like invul or invis?

Yes, but both are tier 4 power ups, so you can carry only one of them at a time
Buckethell II
Baron of Hell

Postby Whoah » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:27 pm

This sounds badass! But as a suggestion, maybe have an option to configure how many of the secrets/kills need to be completed before a chest shows up, because secret hunting can be extremely tedious in larger maps.
Whoah
Absolute unit

Postby BradmanX » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Sounds like it'll be a nice mod, but I definitely agree that being able to configure the requirements to have chests spawn would be a nice thing.
BradmanX

Postby YasuoProjectX » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:55 pm

why this reminds me of LoZ (Legend of Zelda) from picking any random chest by killing enemies and going to loot

Btw perfect mod tbh
YasuoProjectX
Dead is like a wind, always by my side!

Discord: Xx_SappHire_xX
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby Buckethell II » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:26 am

Whoah wrote:This sounds badass! But as a suggestion, maybe have an option to configure how many of the secrets/kills need to be completed before a chest shows up, because secret hunting can be extremely tedious in larger maps.

Configurations will be implemented when everything else it's finished, I'm trying to focusing as much as possible on the main features, then i'll add everything else (configuration of the mod it's important for me too)

YasuoProjectX wrote:why this reminds me of LoZ (Legend of Zelda) from picking any random chest by killing enemies and going to loot
Btw perfect mod tbh

Never played a Zelda game, maybe some day
Thank you, I'm glad about that

BradmanX wrote:Sounds like it'll be a nice mod, but I definitely agree that being able to configure the requirements to have chests spawn would be a nice thing.

Thanks !
As I previously stated, there will be a complete customization menu of every feature, after the main features are finished and polished
Buckethell II
Baron of Hell

Postby struukduuker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Bookmarked, doom exp is my fav mod out there. Can't wait to try this one out and mix it with different mods.
struukduuker

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby namsan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:36 am

looks fun
namsan
Loves English but hates Revenants

Discord: Namsan#8146

Postby openroadracer » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:36 am

Has development on this project been abandoned? Because I would have really enjoyed seeing this mod released.
openroadracer

Discord: Dump The Trump#5789
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Buckethell II » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:17 pm

openroadracer wrote:Has development on this project been abandoned? Because I would have really enjoyed seeing this mod released.

As i wrote in the first post, I am very weak with programming and coding, and I'm learning slowly to being able eventually to develop the mod the way I stated
But if someone wants to help with the code, that would be an enormous help
Buckethell II
Baron of Hell

Return to Gameplay Mods