Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
3saster

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.0.2]

Post by 3saster »

site wrote:
3saster wrote: Note that if you prefer Tekish's stats, you can disable the stats from this mod in the options menu, and use Tekish's instead. It's also given me an idea to consider power-up timers...
Oh I know, I just figured if I could get it to work I wouldn't need to load two mods when one would do everything I wanted :D Thanks for the explanation!
Just added center left/right options! Should appear in the next release, but if you want it now, go to the github page and download the current version. Click "clone or download", then "download ZIP". Rename the file extension to PK3 and you're good to go!
site
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.0.2]

Post by site »

yooooo awesome thank you!! :wub:
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.0.3 released

Post by NightFright »

Service release #3 for level stats. Let's hope nobody wants top/bottom center stats now, too. :)

Changelog v5.0.3 (Sep 23, 2019)
[ALL] Level stats: Fixed stats counting up from 0 after loading savegame
[ALL] Level stats: Added center left/right positioning
site

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.0.3]

Post by site »

now that you mention it...
Spoiler:
seriously though, thanks for adding that i appreciate it
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.0 released

Post by NightFright »

With this update, all compatibility fixes previously released are needless since they are now integrated. The mod now natively works with the Doom Neural Upscale 2X Pack!
Please note that some mods like D4 Vanilla or Pirate Doom come with their own SBARINFO, requiring you to load this mod AFTER those PWADs.

Changelog v5.1.0 (Oct 2, 2019)
[ALL] Automatic compatibility with selected PWADs which needed separate fixes before. Currently included: Alien Vendetta, Avactor, Back to Saturn X Ep.1+2, Doom 4 Vanilla, Doom Neural Upscale 2X, Epic 2, Eviternity and Memento Mori 2
[DOOM/CHEX/HACX/HARMONY] Inventory: Amount is now properly right-justified and moved to the correct spot
Scuba Steve

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.0]

Post by Scuba Steve »

You magnificent motherfuckers!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

This is something that would have never been possible without the transition to ZScript, so when it comes to that, 3saster is definitely the bigger mofo from the two of us. :D I can only provide small fixes here and there, the rest is all his magic.

But thanks a lot anyway, I know it was something you wanted to see. But yeah, not having to worry about external compat fixes any more makes the whole thing even easier to handle.
3saster

Post by 3saster »

Thanks! Considering all the "magic" I've done, maybe I should put myself as a formal author at this point...

The implementation is quite similar to how GZDoom deals with level compatibility actually. I read the loaded STBAR lump, assign it an identifier (or hash; I picked MurmurHash2 for good behaviour and easy to implement in ZScript), then if the identifier is recognized, load the relevant compatibility textures. Turned out to be remarkably simple to use, and adding future compatibility fixes will be easy too, if need be. It also checks based on the STBAR loaded, not the map; so D4V didn't actually require any changes at all, since it uses Back to Saturn X 1's statusbar.

If you're curious for the implementation, look for compat_general.zs in the game-doomchex.
wanisea

Post by wanisea »

Hopefully the Wolfenstein 3D TC HUD has been added.
thank you.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Only what's currently listed and what is close to the original statusbar. Wolfenstein-style stuff like in Rise of the Woolball require a bigger effort and will follow later, probably after Strife integration.
site

Post by site »

heyyy nice, one less thing in my already much too huge load order to worry about
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Thank you, this is marvelous!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.1 released

Post by NightFright »

Decided to release a small service release with additional compatibility fixes added by 3saster a few weeks ago on GitHub. To make the whole thing a bit more worthwhile, I threw in optional split arms mode for Heretic (located on top of ammo display, bottom right) which had only been available for Doom until now. Happy Halloween everybody!

Preview of split arms mode in Heretic:

Changelog v5.1.1 (Oct 31, 2019)
[ALL] Automatic compatibility added for Eternal Doom, Tangerine Nightmare, Dystopia 3
[HERETIC] Split mode: Added support for arms numbers (default: off)
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.1]

Post by m8f »

Not sure if you want this feature, but here is a PR for an option to interpolate (animate) health and armor for Doom and Chex.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.1]

Post by NightFright »

I know this was in earlier versions of the mod, but it's actually absolutely useless. Purely meant for Heretic and Hexen to go in sync with the wiggle animation of the life chain. Therefore this will not be implemented again, sorry. We are done with adding pure eyecandy stuff.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”