Doomreal [1.2]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Beta] Doomreal

Post by wildweasel »

Here's an actual bug report, then: dying while firing the Stinger's primary causes the sound loop to get stuck. I'd imagine this applies to other weapons with looping fire sounds, as well.
snarkel

Post by snarkel »

Awesome release, i'm having a blast trying this out on various mapsets and whatnot. Although i still haven't played too much, one little nitpick i want to bring up is that it seems like you are using the new Stinger shard textures from 227j which makes them darker and much harder to see. Is it possible you could change it or maybe make a small addon to return the brighter classic shards? I'd make it a bit easier to aim with the Stinger.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

wildweasel wrote:Here's an actual bug report, then: dying while firing the Stinger's primary causes the sound loop to get stuck. I'd imagine this applies to other weapons with looping fire sounds, as well.
The fix for this was applied in a doom tournament update. All weapons stop CHAN_WEAPON sounds on death/drop now.
snarkel wrote:Awesome release, i'm having a blast trying this out on various mapsets and whatnot. Although i still haven't played too much, one little nitpick i want to bring up is that it seems like you are using the new Stinger shard textures from 227j which makes them darker and much harder to see. Is it possible you could change it or maybe make a small addon to return the brighter classic shards? I'd make it a bit easier to aim with the Stinger.
I uh... I don't even have 227j? I'm just using the 256x256 version of the texture from beta versions, before it was downscaled for whatever reason. Didn't notice that it was darker.
BoneofMalkav

Post by BoneofMalkav »

Loving the mod so far but I noticed the main menu for some odd reason doesn't scale correctly for mouse controls in 16:9 aspect ratios (cursor has to activate main menu items from top left corner of screen) I'll see if I can grab a screenshot of the issue later.
Marisa the Magician

Weird, I thought I DID fix the mouse input scaling. Hell, I've been playing on 16:9 all this time so I would have noticed.
snarkel

Post by snarkel »

Marisa Kirisame wrote: I uh... I don't even have 227j? I'm just using the 256x256 version of the texture from beta versions, before it was downscaled for whatever reason. Didn't notice that it was darker.
Huh, i actually didn't know that texture was from the beta. Either way, thanks for the fix. Also, i realized on your current github build that the Minigun seems to be shooting bullets from way above your head instead of from the gun, not sure if that's just me or if some little error slipped by
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

This is very nice, very nice indeed. The quality of both of your Unreal mods is, frankly, stunning. I'm so impressed.

Question about the minigun casings - they seem to spawn very high. Was that how they were in Unreal?
Marisa the Magician

Oh, about that, might be related to the bug that was fixed recently. While the forums were down I put out beta 3 hotfix 1 and beta 4.

Oh also I'm going to have to eat a sandwich of my words for what I told ww, because turns out the various fire speeds for the dispersion pistol actually match up nicely to doom's tic rate.
Soul Sucka

Post by Soul Sucka »

This is nothing short of incredible. Great work!!
Laggy

Post by Laggy »

This is quite nice. Thanks for including a classic weapon sound addon, too!

I feel like the Eightball Launcher's timing is a little off, though.
And I miss being able to reload the automag just by switching weapons. V:
snarkel

Post by snarkel »

Just dropping another piece of feedback here, i'm nearing the end of my first playthrough and I'm currently using your most recent github build and I've realized that the fireblaster is horridly underpowered. only 20 damage per shot when each shot takes 10 ammo seems really bad. especially when i could just use something like the automag for nearly the same damage for only 1 ammo. So unless i'm using it wrong or it just isn't meant for stronger enemies, the thing seems nearly unusable.
Marisa the Magician

Oops. Maybe I shouldn't have nerfed it.
snarkel

Post by snarkel »

Another piece of feedback. (Also not sure if this is the best place to keep dropping this. If you have any other places i can drop feedback in, let me know!).

The Dispersion pistol seems to be able to fire endlessly regardless of the charge, when you reach 0 ammo, the one shot recharges nearly instantly resulting in endless fire. I'm not sure if this was intended or not as i'm pretty sure the Dispersion Pistol only operates like this in Deathmatch but i figured i should mention it in case it isn't intended.

Some other little things i noticed are the Dispersion Pistol charge shot not changing back to blue on low ammo. More of a nitpick but again, figured i should let you know in case thats not an intended effect.

Also, while the Fireblaster is better now, it still seems really weak compared to other weapons. Its way more efficient on ammo to just use the Flamethrower for anything unless you don't have one. I feel like it could either use another damage buff or at least make it use less ammo per shot. 10/20 seems really extreme given the fire rate and dps.

QUICK EDIT: Another thing i forgot to mention. Nali Fruit Seeds seem incredibly common. I'm able to stockpile more than 20 by the time i reach the third map in a set. Might want to maybe lower their chance of spawning a bunch to avoid stockpiling nearly infinite health.
Marisa the Magician

Oh oops, failed to notice that was deathmatch only. I will correct it.

About the Fireblaster / Flame Gun I'm now understanding why that weapon was never really implemented. Since post-nerf it was actually using the damage values of the original (10/20). The ammo usage is also the same, too. It really does suck even though I went and at least made it rapid fire for primary and shoot sub-projectiles for secondary. We'll never know how it was really meant to work, but I get the idea that it wasn't exactly the best thing ever.

Seeds I guess I could increase the rarity of. Should also find something else to replace armor bonuses because after a couple maps you end up with hundreds of flares.

Edit: If there are any other known bugs please report ASAP, as I'm getting ready to prepare Beta 5.
Enarkz

Post by Enarkz »

Why does it say i need Gzdoom 4.3.0 despite the last version being 4.2.1 on the official site ?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”