The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 12 3/5/2019 Rocket Poll

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Rocket launcher...

Keep it the M72 LAW
62%
Change it to Mk 153 SMAW
38%

Total votes : 13

Re: The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 12 3/5/2019 - MK23 Poll

Postby Brohnesorge » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Gear has been being pecked at in the background for quite awhile, but has had one hold up or another. Its coming but I dont know when. As for weapons, I want to be super careful. I don't want a CoD situation where I have 40 guns that all fire the same. That said, I am working on adding some kind of anti-material rifle and still working on the MK23 SOCOM.
Brohnesorge
Omae wa mou nidoru

Discord: #7624
Twitch ID: brohnesorge1
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Re: The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 12 3/5/2019 - MK23 Poll

Postby Brohnesorge » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:16 pm

So, I just want to pop in and say that I don't know when or if I'll be able to get a conplete new update out, but the WIP branch is complete in terms of mew features! It all just needs polish and sprite cleanup before getting pushed as a complete new master update, but its there.

Quick rundown if whats nee: AUG is now the AUG A3 with underbarrel M203. HK23E is now the FN Maximi, chambered in .308 with no gl. And a new sidearm, the MK23 SOCOM has been added.

Final teminder: THESE CHANGES AREN'T IN THE MASTER BRANCH, JUST THE INCOMPLETE WIP BRANCH.
Brohnesorge
Omae wa mou nidoru

Re: The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 12 3/5/2019

Postby -Ghost- » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:06 pm

Cool, just tried it out! The AUG feels better now, I like the new look as well. The M203 has some crazy range on it, felt like I was getting hit by shrapnel from pretty far away.

The new heavy pistol is cool too, though is it suppressed? The sound doesn't really match the sprite, unless that's a compensator on the front.
-Ghost-

Re: The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 12 3/5/2019

Postby -Ghost- » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 pm

True, still pretty loud. The pistol feels pretty good otherwise, a nice compromise between the regular pistol and the sawn off.
-Ghost-

Re: The Soldier Z - WIP - Update 12 3/5/2019 Rocket Poll

Postby Brohnesorge » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:05 pm

For now, consider the MK23's firing sound a placeholder until I find a good supressed firing sound.

In the mean time, I'm thinking of changing the rocket launcher to a SMAW. It'll be larger, stronger and slower than the LAW, and will also be reload able. I'm not a big fan of the LAW as it is right now but don't want to jump the gun on changing it. So I'm polling it to gauge interest! Be sure to vote if you so desire.

PS: check out the WIP branch to see a pretty major overhaul that I'm pretty excited to roll out...

Edit : So now that I'm home and at my keyboard, let me go more into detail about what the differences would be.
--SMAW
-Bigger and faster missile with more damage but less AoE.
-Much heavier, and slower to handle. Around the LMG's handle speed.
-Reloadable, so no inventory management. Just reload it.
-A scope for precise long range aiming.
-Back blast**. With all the dangers that incurs.
-Possibility of multiple missile types.

--LAW
-Bigger AoE damage while still dealing heavy direct damage.
-Very light and very fast.
-Disposable, requiring using an inventory item to prepare them.
-Throwing one away and grabbing a new one is much faster than reloading.
-No* back blast

*ignoring reality a bit on this one.
**would be toned down for gameplay's sake, but you can still kill yourself pretty easily being too close to a wall.
Brohnesorge
Omae wa mou nidoru

Postby -Ghost- » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:07 pm

Would it work to have both? Make the LAW more common but less effective, while the SMAW is rare but better damage?
-Ghost-

Postby Brohnesorge » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:33 pm

To avoid bloat and fight redundancy, both is not an option.
Brohnesorge
Omae wa mou nidoru

Postby -Ghost- » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:31 am

I kind of like the LAW, honestly. The idea of it being an inventory item is cool, you don't see that often with Doom mods. Otherwise we end up with another standard rocket launcher, unless the multiple ammo types and upgrades and stuff come into play.
-Ghost-

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods