Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Important update at p.17, follow me on https://twitter.com/Batandy_ for project updates

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 3

Post by Batandy »

Here's a new screenshot of the Mission Select screen:

This will be prompted every time you enter a painting, after collecting a Golden Soul you can choose if you want to keep exploring the map, or just go back straight to the hub.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

This is getting better and better :D
Mini--Joe

Post by Mini--Joe »

So since we can now long jump, are we going to be able to Backwards-Long-Jump and clip through locked doors?
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Mini--Joe wrote:So since we can now long jump, are we going to be able to Backwards-Long-Jump and clip through locked doors?
Funny that you mention that, while you can't really clip through walls and doors like Mario 64, I think speedrunners will be very pleased with the extra movement options.
You can already do some really cool stuff in the first map, skip sections of it etc
HyperLuke

Post by HyperLuke »

Really enjoyed Golden Souls 2, that teaser looks very exciting. Well done with the work your putting in.

I just got a few pieces of feedback about GS2 that I hope in some way are helpful (based on my own experience with the game).
- Slightly disappointed there was no BFG analogue, I can understand if its for balance reasons though.
- Not sure if it is just me but those spike ball enemies seem a bit annoying. Sometimes they are placed in obscure spots in a level and I am being pelted before I can even see them, such as behind a "barricade" or high above where I expect to be looking for enemies.
- Again, not sure if its just me, but armour didn't seem to have a noticeable impact on my ability to resist attacks.
- The alt fire for the star shooter is something I forgot existed, it seems useless apart from acquiring specific big coins.

I was playing it on the "galactic veteran" difficulty and have a bad habit of quick saving a lot, so hope that puts this feedback into perspective.

Again, well done with GS2, that was awesome to play. Looking forward to seeing more about GS3
Mr Masker

Post by Mr Masker »

Man imagine if after a while there was a Golden Souls All Stars with updated stuff in the original games and maybe some level changes would be cool but for now this mod looks lovely good luck and good job dont know which id say more but good job
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Batandy wrote:Yes, that's right, unless you play on Hard, there'll be no instant death pits!
Thanks for this. I might have been too harsh about it in the GS2 thread, and I apologize for that. You do plenty of good work putting together comprehensive, fun-to-play projects that overshadow this one design flaw - GS2 was a masterpiece. Keep it up!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Since many of you wanted more, here's a gameplay video of the first area's first chapter!
Gez

Post by Gez »

Can we finish the level in only half an A-press?

Stupid jokes aside, this looks really cool. I'm glad there'll be a GS3, and yeah it probably doesn't need to be as long as GS2 was.

Post by 0.1 »

GOLDEN SOULS 4?!
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

This looks so cool! I love Golden Souls 1 and 2, hope you'll include some throwback levels, I was really happy to hear and visit happy garden in 2. :D

Post by 0.1 »

I think you should 100 coin souls, make coins more scarce and when the player let's 100 coins they get a golden soul! And they can stay in the level to get the other soul, just like sm64.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

these mods are the best, some of the tightest first person platforming, great gunplay, and they have so many enviromental variety, its fab!

i do, i do have to ask tho. i was honestly surprised at going straight into 3 after 2 was done. Is there anything that isnt golden souls down the pipeline? i'd love to see your prowess applied to other stuff!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

chronoteeth wrote:these mods are the best, some of the tightest first person platforming, great gunplay, and they have so many enviromental variety, its fab!

i do, i do have to ask tho. i was honestly surprised at going straight into 3 after 2 was done. Is there anything that isnt golden souls down the pipeline? i'd love to see your prowess applied to other stuff!
Well, I'm also still working on The Crimson Deed. There hasn't been much progress lately because I'm sorting out some ideas in order not to bloat the gameplay, but it's gonna have some nice updates at some point.
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

Looking forward to this, Loving how you're bringing more aspects from the 3D Mario games to here, Specifically from the expanded moveset.

Think you could possibly look into getting some sort of "Triple Jump" working too?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”