Downtime 2019/Jun/04

News about ZDoom, its child ports, or any closely related projects.
[ZDoom Home] [Documentation (Wiki)] [Official News] [Downloads] [Discord]
[🔎 Google This Site]

[Tap Here for Mobile-Friendly Forums]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Downtime 2019/Jun/04

Postby Rachael » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:02 am

So, you know how when you live in an apartment, you can have nasty neighbors? The ones that keep you up at night and blast their stereo whenever you're sleeping or studying?

That's what zdoom.org had. We had a nasty neighbor move in. It's been moved to another host now, in the same datacenter, and hopefully we'll have nice neighbors.

I know the site was a little touch and go yesterday. Things have seemed to improve quite a lot after the migration. We were on a blade that had a neighbor who was overusing their resources and it caused us some major hassles. And me a lot of headaches. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. :)
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Downtime 2019/Jun/04

Postby Enjay » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:11 am

Ah, I had noticed problems. I was getting time outs, slow performance and occasional 502 errors. I was getting ready to ask about it. I did wonder for a while if it was just my variable internet quality (but other sites were OK so I thought probably not). Thanks for the info. Seems better now.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:01 pm

I am still having massive problems with the site, sometimes a response takes several minutes.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer
Lead GZDoom Developer

Postby Master O » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:53 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:I am still having massive problems with the site, sometimes a response takes several minutes.

Have you tried changing DNS servers on your PC / smart device?
Master O

Postby Beezle » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:44 am

So that's why once in awhile the site refuses to load? That's too bad, I thought it was my shitty internet hehe. Thankfully it seems to be just once in awhile, other than the few times here n there, the site seems to be up and running just fine.
Beezle

Discord: #8423

Postby BFeely » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:50 am

So basically that "noisy neighbor" was another VM on the server gobbling up all the resources and not even bothering to do the right thing and pay the extra for a dedicated CPU service?
BFeely

Postby Rachael » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:22 am

BFeely wrote:So basically that "noisy neighbor" was another VM on the server gobbling up all the resources and not even bothering to do the right thing and pay the extra for a dedicated CPU service?

Exactly. I am glad someone speaks my language.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to ZDoom (and related) News