Re-Blood | Relase | v 0.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SpiffyJUNIOR
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Re-Blood | Relase | v 0.1

Post by SpiffyJUNIOR »

Everything about this is perfect except for a few things:
Shotgun sound is really weird
Maps lag too much (1050Ti and 7300HQ)
Akimbo guns need a separate hotkey like Doom Incarnate does

Other than those things, this is great so far.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

The cultists and fanatics can fuck you up really fast. You've already made a lot of great small improvements and revisions to the Blood gameplay, I think it would work well if all hitscan enemies were changed to fire fastprojectiles.
JMP-Jack

Post by JMP-Jack »

SamVision wrote:The cultists and fanatics can fuck you up really fast. You've already made a lot of great small improvements and revisions to the Blood gameplay, I think it would work well if all hitscan enemies were changed to fire fastprojectiles.
I agree with you
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Not sure about that. I mean, the hitscanners in Blood were also bastards. They shoot on sight, and keep shooting while they can. This was a problem that even survived to Blood 2.

Maybe the Blood feeling go away with fast projectiles-cultists. But, anyway, maybe it deserves a try.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Blood's hitscanners were always a pain in the ass to deal with and with bad level design they could even become part of an unfair and unbalanced encounter. But it's fine if you want to preserve bad ideas for the sake of tradition.
Ghost Prototype

Post by Ghost Prototype »

It's more so than they fire near-instantaneous rather than aiming first. Just give them the same reaction time as a shotgunguy, it's what I did to my cultists
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

SamVision wrote:Blood's hitscanners were always a pain in the ass to deal with and with bad level design they could even become part of an unfair and unbalanced encounter. But it's fine if you want to preserve bad ideas for the sake of tradition.
Hitscanners are not a bad idea, man. Or it'd be bad in other games as well.
A too small reaction time, however, is a bad idea. It makes the encounters unfair.
It is notable that Blood manages to be good even with this problem. Blood 2 couldn't do the same.

I anyway, I'm not saying I'm against(*) a try with fast projectiles. Maybe it could really improve the gameplay, and make the mod better. My fear about it is losing that Blood 1 feeling that the mod so far is able to maintain even with the new features. But, again, maybe it worth experimenting.

:)

(* Which would not matter anyway, if I'm agaisnt o in favor a feature,... as I'm not a dev anyway :mrgreen: )
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Good stuff, but there is a chance to relase standalone version for zblood/zbloodyhell?
GripZ
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by GripZ »

"This promises to be fun!"
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I love it when fellow bloodites make mods!

The maps feel very interesting, weapons are very close to vanilla. monsters not so much. if possible...

-make monsters move in a straight line to the player
-make rats not count or make them attack the player
-flare gun now has a reload but lacks the very useful altfire. I would say make each flare blast faster, do a SMALL amount of explosion damage comperable to a pistol shot, and also release a small explosion of flame damage in a small radius that catches a small group on fire. either that or work out an alt.

this is pretty neat!
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Please don't make rats attack the player, they were one of the enemies in the original game that were objectively terribly designed.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

This is awesome :D !
Even if there is only one and a half map done you really nailed the atmosphere and the maps are greatly designed as well!
I kinda fell that Caleb was a little heavy to control in comparison to Blood but it wasn't too bad neither.

I'll be looking forward the progress of this mod! ^^
SAmik37
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SAmik37 »

Dude27th wrote:This is awesome :D !
Even if there is only one and a half map done you really nailed the atmosphere and the maps are greatly designed as well!
I kinda fell that Caleb was a little heavy to control in comparison to Blood but it wasn't too bad neither.

I'll be looking forward the progress of this mod! ^^
One and half map done?.. No! There is more maps, that fully working!.. Check out MAP07, MAP26 (Can be chosen through menu), MAP27, MAP29, MAP30, MAP31, MAP32. Just type into console "map *mapname*" (For example: "map MAP29"). Hope you like them!.. :)
cape98

Post by cape98 »

hi, i just played and im loving it so far but i got stuck at map02. I don't know if it's a bug or just me being a noob so please could anybody tell me exactly where is the exit of map02?
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Pretty sure Map02 is incomplete.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”