Ugly as Sin: A Hideous Destructor mutator pack

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Ugly as Sin: A Hideous Destructor mutator pack

Post by Caligari87 »

Small update, the problems with incap/revive have been noted. Issues #60 and #61 have been opened. This will likely get a bugfix release this weekend after I am able to test in an MP game.

8-)
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Sorry for neglecting the thread, forum-goers-who-play-my-mod. I'm going to be out of town starting Saturday morning and rolling into the middle of next week. This means I won't be able to work on this during that time and may miss Matt's HD 3.6.0.0 stable release. However I want to try and stage my next stable release as soon as possible, so anyone that uses Ugly as Sin, please report any outstanding bugs or quality of life issues for next stable version. Feature requests or additions are lower priority right now.

Preferred methods of reporting:
1. Github issue tracker: https://github.com/caligari87/Ugly-as-Sin/issues
2. Ping me on Discord (either DM or on the Hideous Destructor server) @Caligari87#3089
3. This forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=61009

EDIT: There's also a new "Sinners" role on the HD Discord server that I'll be using to ping updates there. Please @Caligari87#3089 if you want it.

8-)
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

Will the mod be updated in the future?
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

I haven't made any major updates lately due to life being really busy (last commit was 17 days ago it seems), but rest assured the mod is not abandoned. The latest "development" version is always on the Github repository even if there's not a stable point release, and the development version is usually fine for playing with.

8-)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Is this compatible with the latest HD? I think I can see the hunger bar, but I never spawned with a mess kit or anything.

EDIT: Whoops, I realized there was another menu. HD has more menus then the last time I played, so I didn't realize there was one specifically for this one as well tucked in there.

Great mod though, love the extra stuff it adds to the mod!
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Code: Select all

hd-3.7.2g.pk7:zscript/revolver.txt, line 14: NODELAY only has an effect on the first state after 'Spawn:'
1 warnings while compiling hd-3.7.2g.pk7:zscript.txt
hd-scavenger_v0.4.0.pk3:hdscav_zscript/hunger/messkit.zsc, line 20: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function weaponbulk
hd-scavenger_v0.4.0.pk3:hdscav_zscript/reloader/reloader.zsc, line 28: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function weaponbulk
Hello, I was just reading the last couple posts on Hideous Destructor and it seems I'm also having it crash each time, using hd v3.7.2g along with hd scavenger v0.4.0. Also using GZDoom v 3.7.2 with standard Doom II iwad, nothing else in load order.
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mrtaterz »

Beezle wrote:

Code: Select all

hd-3.7.2g.pk7:zscript/revolver.txt, line 14: NODELAY only has an effect on the first state after 'Spawn:'
1 warnings while compiling hd-3.7.2g.pk7:zscript.txt
hd-scavenger_v0.4.0.pk3:hdscav_zscript/hunger/messkit.zsc, line 20: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function weaponbulk
hd-scavenger_v0.4.0.pk3:hdscav_zscript/reloader/reloader.zsc, line 28: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function weaponbulk
Hello, I was just reading the last couple posts on Hideous Destructor and it seems I'm also having it crash each time, using hd v3.7.2g along with hd scavenger v0.4.0. Also using GZDoom v 3.7.2 with standard Doom II iwad, nothing else in load order.
I did raise a stink about it, didn't I? haha!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

mrtaterz wrote:I did raise a stink about it, didn't I? haha!
No, what you did was make a low-effort non-constructive post that was utterly unhelpful and did nothing to fix the problem - unlike the person you quoted.

Your previous posts before that were a lot better. I hope this isn't a shift in your attitude that will become permanent.
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Thank you @Beezle for including which version you are using! I think this error is is likely due to me not updating the first post of this thread properly. 98% of my interaction with players of this mod comes from the Hideous Destructor discord server so I sometimes forget people find it here too! Seems the download button is still linked to a very very old build of HD-Scav 0.4.0. The latest release at the time of this post is actually Ugly as Sin v3.7.2f-1.

I have updated the first page to point to the github repo latest release automatically.

8-)
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mrtaterz »

Caligari87 wrote:Thank you @Beezle for including which version you are using! I think this error is is likely due to me not updating the first post of this thread properly. 98% of my interaction with players of this mod comes from the Hideous Destructor discord server so I sometimes forget people find it here too! Seems the download button is still linked to a very very old build of HD-Scav 0.4.0. The latest release at the time of this post is actually Ugly as Sin v3.7.2f-1.

I have updated the first page to point to the github repo latest release automatically.

8-)
OwO

thanks for clearing things up for us and providing us with details on what's going on
Youchers

Post by Youchers »

Jesus Christ. You actually managed to implement a hunger and smarter AI system(ahem.. STEALTH? IN HD??) Nice job. :o

Would you explain exactly how the stealth system works and if/how darkness affects your detection? If darkness in maps does indeed affect detection, it would be cool to see a darkness meter along the likes of Splinter Cell or Metro implemented. :D
Caligari87
Admin

Post by Caligari87 »

Thanks for the kind words!
Youchers wrote:If darkness in maps does indeed affect detection
Why does everyone think darkness wouldn't affect the stealth? Seriously this is like the most-asked question I get. Of course darkness affects stealth. If the player's light level is below a certain threshold (hint, it's very dark), the player gets the SHADOW (partial invisibility) flag. Moving, shooting, or crouching affect the threshold. If the monster loses line of sight of the player, or the player has SHADOW, the monster will rapidly forget the player and switch to chasing intelligently-placed patrol points instead.

I don't really have any intention of adding a light meter, at least not right now. There is a faint blue shader effect applied to the edges of the screen when the player is shadowed, that seems to work well enough.

8-)
Youchers

Post by Youchers »

Caligari87 wrote: There is a faint blue shader effect applied to the edges of the screen when the player is shadowed, that seems to work well enough.

8-)
Ah perfect, that's what I was looking for. Thanks for pointing that out. I looked in the readme and throughout this entire thread and didn't find anywhere mentioning this.
Djames516

Post by Djames516 »

>originally built to expand on the survival aspect

7 Days to Doom when
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

Is there a way to add the UaS_Reloader to an HD Loadout? I don't mind adding it manually via console every newgame if not; I just figured I'd ask.

There's just something deeply satisfying about pressing one's own cartridges. (also the autoreloader hurts my ears)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”