Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
erni945

Re: Ultra-Crispy (05/03/19) Yet another update

Post by erni945 »

Hey GAA, your update is great but some things are missing and I think it could serve as a tip for the next update ;):

1.Would you increase the amount of ammunition you have, because it seems to me that there is little of it, especially when it comes to the assault rifle and the vulcan cannon?

2.I also noticed that with larger clashes, Caleb is very limited in movement, so could he add the ability to slip like in High Noon Drifter and a quick attack with a machete without changing the weapon?. I think that it would make the game much better

3.Can you also increase the amount of damage inflicted by the assault rifle grenades? I noticed that the grenades deal too low damage and just on opponents bigger than Imp / Pinky is simply too weak and you have to shoot a lot more to work
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Kaptin wrote:I have a suggestion regarding weapons for Caleb
As we all know Blood 1 and less good Blood 2 takes in two different timelines one is set in 1928 and second in 2028 and in those two times Caleb is using completely different arsenals, so i would like to suggest creating 2 separated weapon gamemodes one would be set in 1928 where Caleb would use revolvers, pitchwork and dynamites and second would be set in modern times where caleb is using dual pistols, military knife and ak47. Not only it would make both sides happy + it would greatly expand your mod.
Thanks for the suggestion! It's kinda out of the scope to mantain two mods at the same time (not to mention that some people would like the mixing of both), but if i ever get to make add-ons (only things stopping me is my laziness/other projects), players will be able to load individual weapons and customize their experience. ;)
Lime wrote:The Mixture of this is pretty "gud" from how I say. I enjoyed playing this mod from Levels such as Preacher and Evilternity. This is a fantastic weapon Mod.
P.S - Caleb's One Liners really gets me. :thumb:
Thank you! It even has customized Caleb one-liners for a more unique gameplay! =p
potetobloke wrote:I think he meant how the tommy gun in Blood would shake around in it's firing animations.
Hmmmm... if that equals to that "walking" sprite on screen just like shadow warrior, maybe then i think i know.
affandede wrote:Thanks for your hard work, I've always loved the way the weapons you create feel. Just the right amount of oomph and just the right amount of whizz. Though, I have a small bug report. Coupling UC with Colourfull Hell is a blast but at some point during gameplay, you get kicked out of the game to console with an "unknown texture: rocket" message.
Not only mine. Many folks helped me, i can't take all credits, but thank you!

I would like to ask you to bugtest something: Does it happens when you use the Jackhammer altfire? Because this particular altfire fires a projectile which inherits the properties of Doom's rocket. If not, then... i gotta think of something. But just to make sure, next version will have the rocket properties added to the jackhammer mine, so it won't need to read the master actor. Thanks for the report :)
erni945 wrote:Hey GAA, your update is great but some things are missing and I think it could serve as a tip for the next update ;):

1.Would you increase the amount of ammunition you have, because it seems to me that there is little of it, especially when it comes to the assault rifle and the vulcan cannon?

2.I also noticed that with larger clashes, Caleb is very limited in movement, so could he add the ability to slip like in High Noon Drifter and a quick attack with a machete without changing the weapon?. I think that it would make the game much better

3.Can you also increase the amount of damage inflicted by the assault rifle grenades? I noticed that the grenades deal too low damage and just on opponents bigger than Imp / Pinky is simply too weak and you have to shoot a lot more to work
Thank you! Sure thing, let's see:

1 - Thanks for the suggestion, i think it's about time. Would 200/400 be too much?
2 - Slippery movement? I think there's a mod which adds it. Can't recall which. Quick machete? Oh yeah, i remember this being a request. Thanks for the reminder.
3 - Sure thing. Will do ;)

BTW, since i am here, i would like to make a proposal: Would you boys and girls like if i removed the akimbo key from "Zoom" and use it as a customizable key? Since a Quick TNT/Quick Machete thing would need custom keys (i seriously don't like "user" keys), i thought of adding akimbo to the list and even a "taunt" key for some extra one-liners...

what you think? spread the word!
erni945

Post by erni945 »

I think that everything you propose is a great idea and thanks to listening to me but when it comes to slipping in, I do not recall that it was such a separate mod so I think you could add it with High Noon Drifter :)
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

erni meant SLIDING instead of slipping lol. In High Noon Drifter, if you press the run button it makes you do a crouch slide that makes your hitbox and camera lower and dashes you forward. (Also, you really should try High Noon Drifter, GAA. It's bloody great.)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh, i sure know it! Playing it with BTSX and Kriegsland Enemies (let's sell my fish here too, shall we?) is a blast!

Space-demon-cowboy shooting future-intergalatic-nazis =p
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

As a humble request, I'd love to see a chainsaw of sorts in a future update.

Why?

Chainsaws are groovy. ^_^
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote: 1 - Thanks for the suggestion, i think it's about time. Would 200/400 be too much?
300/600 feels better since the Rifle and Vulcan chew through 5.56 like my grandmother's hogs back on her rice farm go through scraps.

Also, putting taunt, quick machete/tnt and dual-wield on custom Keybinds would a fast option yeah.

EDIT: Also, will the replacement weapons be as a single pack or as single add-ons to let people mix-match?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

You there!

There's a new Ultra-Crispy update avaiable!

Click here to download!

It's not the best i can do, but Ultra Crispy is in need of some fresh air. Now you can taunt your enemies and rebind your akimbo key to whatever key you want. Have fun!
Spoiler: Changelog
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lime

Post by Lime »

I tested the update, everything is stable except the submachine gun. Apparently when i dual wield, it wields the silenced submachine guns only. it also twitches when i hold the dual wield button when I only have one submachine gun.
Either way, the mod is good.

EDIT: Another bug result is from the napalm launcher, where I have to press the dual-wield key 4 times to get it dual wielded.
Last edited by Lime on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I noticed and already uploaded a fixed version, thank you!
MileenaKahnumm

Post by MileenaKahnumm »

Actually started playing this again, then browsed the Gameplay Mods to see if there was anything new/Updates saw that there was an Update for this Immediately Downloaded. I enjoy this mod alot one of my absolute favs cause I love BLOOD and Caleb :) btw I'm new here had joined the ZDoom Forums sometime back but haven't really been active on here much I mean occasionally I come here and browse the forums(just not logged in) this is a REALLY GOOD mod :) I know Blood 2 has alot of weapons were there any plans for a Tesla Cannon? that'd be cool also maybe a Sniper Rifle? similar to Blood 2's sniper rifle, if not then that's totally fine this is still a GOOD mod :)
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Screenshot_Doom_20190726_112416.png
What are the orange-ish parts near the bottom of these napalm launchers supposed to be? At first I thought they were hands (But then I think that'd imply he has four? Because he'd need two more to pull each trigger) until I compared them to the sprite of him holding just one. There's nothing like it on the pickup sprite. Also, shouldn't the red part be on the left for both of them? On a lesser note, I kind of miss the old machete that showed Caleb's reflection.

Sorry for being so nitpicky, I don't know what's gotten into me.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

It does look like his hands according to the original sprite (albeit too orange). I thought it would be some sort of fuel tank but the pickup sprite doesn't depict that. Also, the weapon may be symmetrical, hence the red part is on both sides.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I'm pretty sure if it had two red parts they'd both be visible from that angle.

Edit: In the alpha version it definitely doesn't look like a hand, and appears to be connected with a red wire. Is it a bag of napalm? Was the real reason Caleb sought revenge on Toronto due to their insistence on putting things like milk and napalm in bags?
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Any chance you could add the 5:4 resolution support? Currently it's give me a hud that is unplayeble mess with numbers outside the screen bars and the upper part is flying a bit too down from top. Thank you in advance.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”