Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Ultra-Crispy (05/03/19) Yet another update

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

As promised, here's another update!

Click to download!

This update adds some more sprite tweakes, more options of customization (you can turn the ringing noise from explosions off now), fixes small details and reworks completely TNT effects and the Jackhammer altfire, which now works like a Remote bomb, given we had a lack of one.

Have fun!
Spoiler: changelog
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

just droppin' by to notify you that caleb's crouching chasecam sprite blinks in and out of existence when moving. also, the sawnoff's pickup sprite has exposed hammers while the first person sprite doesn't.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Shit, i knew i forgot something.

Well, thanks :p
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Hey GAA1992 thanks for keeping this updated, is Nameless Lite still compatible?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hi! Thanks.

I've removed compatibility with Nameless RPG mod because the HUD gets kinda screwed up, so... i better find another way.
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

GAA1992 wrote:Hi! Thanks.

I've removed compatibility with Nameless RPG mod because the HUD gets kinda screwed up, so... i better find another way.
You could try to make a compatability patch for Sumwunn's version of DoomRPG instead.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

GAA1992 wrote:Hi! Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah I've ran into some issues with the HUD in both this version and the Crimson Editions. Removing compatibility is no big deal, it still seems to work and no issues other than the HUD. Great job GAA! :D
Kaptin

Post by Kaptin »

Could you at least put an official changelog on your thread? So it's easier for us to know what's new? Instead posting it into comments? Thanks.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sure thing! Check first post ;)
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

The automatics could use that "rambling" feel the original tommy did, plus the "get 'em boys" wide spray, enemies could use a "burning" death state, and overall the mod would benefit from a closer feeling to Blood.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Forgive my dumbness.

Aside from the custom "burning" death state, which, to the extent of my knowledge needs custom enemies, i don't think i understand the others. By a closer feeling to Blood, do you mean in animation smoothness? Sprite quality, detailing... Sorry. just can't get what you mean with the guns "rambling" (wide spray means less accuracy?) and closer feeling =p
Kaptin

Post by Kaptin »

I have a suggestion regarding weapons for Caleb
As we all know Blood 1 and less good Blood 2 takes in two different timelines one is set in 1928 and second in 2028 and in those two times Caleb is using completely different arsenals, so i would like to suggest creating 2 separated weapon gamemodes one would be set in 1928 where Caleb would use revolvers, pitchwork and dynamites and second would be set in modern times where caleb is using dual pistols, military knife and ak47. Not only it would make both sides happy + it would greatly expand your mod.
Lime

Post by Lime »

The Mixture of this is pretty "gud" from how I say. I enjoyed playing this mod from Levels such as Preacher and Evilternity. This is a fantastic weapon Mod.
P.S - Caleb's One Liners really gets me. :thumb:
potetobloke
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by potetobloke »

GAA1992 wrote:Sorry. just can't get what you mean with the guns "rambling" (wide spray means less accuracy?) and closer feeling =p
I think he meant how the tommy gun in Blood would shake around in it's firing animations.
affandede

Post by affandede »

Thanks for your hard work, I've always loved the way the weapons you create feel. Just the right amount of oomph and just the right amount of whizz. Though, I have a small bug report. Coupling UC with Colourfull Hell is a blast but at some point during gameplay, you get kicked out of the game to console with an "unknown texture: rocket" message.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”