[minimod][v1.6.2] Autoautosave

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Spaceman333

Re: Autoautosave [v0.12] (+auto screen shots)

Post by Spaceman333 »

The screenshot feature is beautiful, I'm getting albums of cool images with them:
Spoiler: big image
Spoiler: another huge image
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: Autoautosave [v1.0]

Post by m8f »

snackerfork wrote:it doesn't check to see if the player is in a safe spot before saving
"Safe spot" is quite subjective. If I ever get to finish Danger-O-Meter mod (which is not published yet), I'll add Autoautosave integration that will stop it from saving in high-danger situations.

Update (or should I call it a release?) v1.0. The biggest change is the version bump. Other changes are:
- added saving on keys in Final Doomer and QCDE;
- moved ZScript code to separate files for reading convenience;
- switched GPLv3 license.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

May I suggest changing the way finding weapons and keys works with 3D floors? playing this with Alfonzone, I've been getting autosaves from being FAR under or over where keys and weapons are sitting.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Someone64 wrote:May I suggest changing the way finding weapons and keys works with 3D floors? playing this with Alfonzone, I've been getting autosaves from being FAR under or over where keys and weapons are sitting.
Can you please tell an example here this happens?
m8f

Re: [minimod][v1.0.1] Autoautosave

Post by m8f »

Bug fix update: v1.0.1: autosave was not working if screen shot was enabled for this event.
Someone64

Re: [minimod][v1.0.1] Autoautosave

Post by Someone64 »

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. Alfonezone MAP04, there is a tower with a helix staircase with the key at the very top. If you simply walk through the doorway into it it will trigger autoautosave despite the fact that the key is a LONG way up from where the doorway is. It's the tall structure to the right when you spawn. Can't miss it.
m8f

Re: [minimod][v1.0.2] Autoautosave

Post by m8f »

Autosaving beneath the keys (and other autosave-worthy things) is fixed in v1.0.2.

Someone64, thanks for reporting! And please let me know if there are any more problems.
m8f

Re: [minimod][v1.1] Autoautosave

Post by m8f »

Small update (v1.1):

- fixed repeating "Time passed" message that appeared in some conditions (thanks to Someone64 for reporting);
- added an option to make a screenshot on level start;
- added an option to make a screenshot when the player has only 1% health (I missed an opportunity to make so much epic screenshots in Avactor without this feature).
Grizzly

Re: [minimod][v1.1] Autoautosave

Post by Grizzly »

This is a genuinely great mod. Thank you!
m8f

Re: [minimod][v1.2.1] Autoautosave

Post by m8f »

Small update (v1.2.1). Changes:

- Compatible with GZDoom 4.0!
- Added a toggle for voice on teleport event.
- Added armor pickup event.
PhysixCat

Post by PhysixCat »

Hello m8f, I have found an incompatibility problem with Hideous Destructor's keycards/keyskulls

I tried adding the HD key names to event_source.zs but they didn't seem to work. I think it may have to do with how HD handles the physical keys as pickup-able misc objects (through the use button) which then place the vanilla keys in your inventory when used. It's been suggested by HexaDoken in the unofficial HD discord that to achieve compatibility with AutoAutoSave, the script could monitor the player's inventory for keys, and if one gets added, it triggers autosave
m8f

Post by m8f »

Thanks for reporting! I'll try to do the suggested thing when I get to update the Autoautosave next time.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Hey, m8f. What you got here is a great and helpful little mod. Keep up the good work!

Two suggestions/ideas:

1. In the mod's description you could add info about the mod only working when the player starts a new map/a new game. For some time I couldn't get the autosaves to work, because I kept trying the mod after loading a mid-level save. OTOH, maybe i'm just dumb xD

2. Would it be possible to include a key (preferably bindable) to automatically load the LAST autosave the mod had made? I'm definitely dumb, haven't noticed it already loads the last one by default xD

Thank you!
ShockwaveS08
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Major bug, regarding this minimod: When standing near an exit switch, pressing Use on it just as you trigger an autoautosave will still pull the switch, but now you'll never be able to exit the level unless you restart the level or warp to the next one.

Bug found in Doom's E1M1, and was triggered as soon as I picked up the last item in the map.
m8f

Re: [minimod][v1.2.2] Autoautosave

Post by m8f »

ShockwaveS08, thanks for reporting!

Should be fixed in v1.2.2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qtvw9s6p ... 2.pk3/file

Return to “Gameplay Mods”