Version without modified Wolfenstein SS enemies: v1.1 - No SS - http://www.mediafire.com/file/5kz0rper4 ... S.pk3/file
This custom version is for compatibility with older WADs that used the dehacked method to replace enemies (the Wolfenstein SS is usually one of them).
Spoiler:Tested on: GZDoom 4.1.3
While Doom is probably my favorite shooter of all time, I've had my gripes with some of its gameplay. The Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind are too easy to kill, certain weapons aren't as satisfying as they could be, hitscan enemies are annoying, partial invisibility just is, etc. So, instead of sitting around with a bunch of "what ifs" in my head, I decided to implement a lot of the changes I'd like to see. And thus, we have Doom Rebalanced, a mod that aims to tweak some aspects of the game without adding features like new weapons, enemy attacks, etc.
While these are all changes I like, I'd love to get feedback on certain aspects. That includes:
- Bugs - I want to make sure I don't leave the game more broken than how I started.
- Feedback on current changes - Maybe you feel the BFG is too strong? Or perhaps Revenants are just too annoying now. Let me know so I can make some tweaks. While this is a project I'm mainly doing for myself, I'm ultimately curious in what you guys think.
- Future suggestions - Got an idea you'd like to see in the game? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.
- The shotgun is currently not able to use custom sounds due to the way weapon switching can cut it off. However, an option that can be used at your own risk may be added if there's enough demand.
- If you're using GZDoom's althud, make sure to switch back to the normal one or armor won't display (there's some options for the fullscreen HUD in this mod to make it more customizable).
Spoiler:v1.0 change log: