Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Beezle

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Post by Beezle »

Thanks for this update silentzora, really loving it so far. ZoraGal is awesome, her sword really comes in handy. However there is one minor bug I've noticed, and this might have also been the case in the last version but whenever you explode barrels near zombiemen or imps they don't gib. It's a very minor gripe and doesn't effect gameplay at all but just thought you should know.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Beezle wrote:Thanks for this update silentzora, really loving it so far. ZoraGal is awesome, her sword really comes in handy. However there is one minor bug I've noticed, and this might have also been the case in the last version but whenever you explode barrels near zombiemen or imps they don't gib. It's a very minor gripe and doesn't effect gameplay at all but just thought you should know.
They're not set up to force gibbing. I've left that behavior to the standard damage calculation. I haven't noticed any anomalies with it, but I'll keep an eye out for it.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

I noticed two things.

This is a very small problem, but I think the secondary fire of shotgun is almost always better than primary fire.
Slug bullet is very good against enemies in the distance. and this is good.
But slug bullet is also very good at close-range, because its damage is almost same as the primary fire.

Code: Select all

Buckshot pellets:10 pellets * 5 damage * random(1,3) 
Slug bullet: 12 damage * random(5,10)
And I can damage enemies steadly with slug bullets because it has pinpoint accuracy unlike buckshot bullets.
This means, Buckshot is only good against a group of weak enemies like zombies.
I suggest buffing buckshot pellets bit, or nerfing slug bullet's damage.

This is maybe my personal preference, but I realized player classes don't have grenades from the start.
If they have some(two or three) grenades from the start, it would make pistol-start more interesting.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

From what I understand, slug projectiles do tend to have a bit more kinetic energy than buckshot pellets, and may be less likely to be affected by things like drag and wind resistance, hence the higher damage. But if it's an issue, I might rebalance the damage on slugs. I'm thinking if I set the slug projectile's damage to 10*random(5,15), it should be roughly equivalent to the damage caused by buckshot if all the hitscans connect. Median damage of buckshot and slugs should be around 100 if I do that (10*5*2 for buckshot vs 10*10 for slug).

The only issue I have with it is whether or not the weapon will still be effective at medium-long range, which is what the slugs are there for. I'll see about implementing and testing the change on my end, see if it helps, and if it does, I'll put it in v1.3.

As for grenades, I'm not sure if I want to add them to the player's inventory at start just yet. Gonna do some thinking on it. If anyone else has any opinion on it, please feel free to let me know. If there's enough demand for it, I may just do it. :)
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

silentzora wrote: As for grenades, I'm not sure if I want to add them to the player's inventory at start just yet. Gonna do some thinking on it. If anyone else has any opinion on it, please feel free to let me know. If there's enough demand for it, I may just do it. :)
Yeah I think starting with grenades is a great idea, only with 1 or 2 though. Maybe only ZoraGal and AlphaGuy get it from start or they start with 1 more than the rest.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

silentzora wrote:
As for grenades, I'm not sure if I want to add them to the player's inventory at start just yet. Gonna do some thinking on it. If anyone else has any opinion on it, please feel free to let me know. If there's enough demand for it, I may just do it. :)
I think having some grenades at the start would be helpful especially with slaughtermap wads.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Okay, last guest class, I promise. After this, I'm going back to working on Doomguys.

Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Hmm, with the Thunderbolt in slot 8, is the Mjolnir Hammer going to be the chainsaw spawn and the Laser Cannon as the Plasma spawn?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Gideon020 wrote:Hmm, with the Thunderbolt in slot 8, is the Mjolnir Hammer going to be the chainsaw spawn and the Laser Cannon as the Plasma spawn?
I don't currently plan on adding the Laser Cannon or Mjolnir in this update, though a few weapon behaviors from Dissolution of Eternity are added as altfires for the default Quake weapons. Eg. Multi rockets with a loading time for the RL (Think how the Eightball works in Unreal), lava nails for both nailguns, and the plasma shot. The Grenade Launcher will retain its proximity mine altfire from earlier Zagemod builds.

The Quake RL (Original) will be spawning on Plasma Rifle spots. Since the Quake weapons are laid out a little differently, here's how the spawn spots will generate Quake weapons.
Spoiler:
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Ah, neat. Is it a toggle with Lava Nails, or will it be like the other weapons with alternate ammo fires?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Gideon020 wrote:Ah, neat. Is it a toggle with Lava Nails, or will it be like the other weapons with alternate ammo fires?
With the Lava Nails, one nail will consume double the ammo for double the damage output. That's 4 nails a shot if you use it with the Perforator, but it'll shred bigger targets faster. Just beware the steam venting time when releasing the trigger with lava nails, as it'll leave you vulnerable for a brief moment before being able to fire again.

Edit: Not a toggle, either. Just a straight up altfire.
2's a party

Post by 2's a party »

This is a great mod, but every time I kill a spider mastermind it automatically switches to the next map, is this a bug or a feature, and if it is a feature, can you perhaps make it so we can toggle it in the settings? Also, perhaps an option to make doom 64 guys unmaker use humans souls instead of plasma, since when you have it fully upgraded there is literally no reason to use the bfg over it. Doom 64 guys shotgun cross hair also kinda sucks, it takes up way too much of the screen, but other than that I love this mod.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

2's a party wrote:This is a great mod, but every time I kill a spider mastermind it automatically switches to the next map, is this a bug or a feature, and if it is a feature, can you perhaps make it so we can toggle it in the settings? Also, perhaps an option to make doom 64 guys unmaker use humans souls instead of plasma, since when you have it fully upgraded there is literally no reason to use the bfg over it. Doom 64 guys shotgun cross hair also kinda sucks, it takes up way too much of the screen, but other than that I love this mod.
The timing on the Mastermind special is bugged. I'll work on that for the next update.

Didn't really have plans to switch the Unmaker to human souls as ammo, since it used cells in Doom 64. Given its lower spawn rate in place of the BFG, though, I think that's acceptable.

As far as the Tactical Shotgun crosshair goes, a lot of the crosshairs are larger than the stock G/ZDoom crosshairs. It might be necessary to downscale them in your configuration. You can find the setting under Options > HUD Options > Scale Crosshair. If that fails, you can force the default crosshair, and that option's on the same menu. Hope that alleviates some of the issues with it.

EDIT: Misread your original comment about the Masterminds. If the map is transitioning every time you kill a Mastermind, whether the map is supposed to or not, I haven't been able to reproduce this problem. Looked over the Mastermind's death states, and the only thing I could find is that there's an A_KillMaster call in there that's no longer needed (recycled from a previous project), but this doesn't look to be causing the issue. I suspect there might be something in your autoload folder that might be causing this, but I can't be certain. :(
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks promising and fun, as always! And it's not really a bad nor tedious idea at all. I mean, Quake 1 still needs some spotlight. Myes? :D
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

Oooooooh man I've been hoping for something like this ever since Dimension of the Boomed came out. Looking forward to it! :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”