Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition

Post by Nash »

YukesVonFaust wrote: Will there be shootalbe corpses like in universal gibs?
I try not to alter gameplay with NGM Vengeance (because shooting a corpse will destroy it and prevent it from being resurrected) but I'll look into adding an option for it!
Get Phobo

Post by Get Phobo »

Not the mod we deserve, but the mod we need.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Nash wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote: Will there be shootalbe corpses like in universal gibs?
I try not to alter gameplay with NGM Vengeance (because shooting a corpse will destroy it and prevent it from being resurrected) but I'll look into adding an option for it!
Could figure a way to have the universal gibs system compatible with your gore to save trouble, too. Seeing as it can recognize standard blood puffs which other gore mods can promptly replace.
Nash

Post by Nash »

RikohZX wrote: Could figure a way to have the universal gibs system compatible with your gore to save trouble, too. Seeing as it can recognize standard blood puffs which other gore mods can promptly replace.
I think what will happen if you have both UG and my mod loaded is you will see both gore effects from both mods spawned at the same time. Probably won't be good for your computer's performance. =P
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

YES, IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Nash wrote:
RikohZX wrote: Could figure a way to have the universal gibs system compatible with your gore to save trouble, too. Seeing as it can recognize standard blood puffs which other gore mods can promptly replace.
I think what will happen if you have both UG and my mod loaded is you will see both gore effects from both mods spawned at the same time. Probably won't be good for your computer's performance. =P
Fair enough. Then again if someone's piling on multiple gore mods for maximum gore, they are probably nuts enough to overlook performance, but hey, that's just a theory.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

RikohZX wrote:
Nash wrote:
Fair enough. Then again if someone's piling on multiple gore mods for maximum gore, they are probably nuts enough to overlook performance, but hey, that's just a theory.

*Imagines loading up Bolognese Gore, Universal Gibs and Nash Gore Vengeance, in nuts.wad, all together*

Sweet mother of mercy.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Have some WIP images.
Spoiler:
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoilered screenshots so that scrolling through the page is easier.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Brutal Doom has always looked ugly to me; I prefer quality over quantity. So I reckon this will suit my taste mighty fine. Really nice stuff you've got going here. Real fancy-looking. :yup:
Nash

Post by Nash »

One of my visual design principles is to make sure the artwork match Doom's pixel art style as close as possible, in terms of art style and also resolution.

EDIT: Universally compatible footprints

Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Can't wait! Also big thank you for using opaque blood to avoid Z-fighting. I can't stand it personally.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Nash wrote:One of my visual design principles is to make sure the artwork match Doom's pixel art style as close as possible, in terms of art style and also resolution.
This is one practice I wish more mod-makers would adopt. I'm not into high resolution sprites or anything that looks too out of place in the base game. Also, just out of curiosity, will this have any customization options?
Nash

Post by Nash »

Pompous Seed wrote:Also, just out of curiosity, will this have any customization options?
Yes. You will be able to turn on and off almost every feature.

- Blood type: default, nashgore classic, vanilla
- Blood amount
- Gib effects: default, no wall and ceiling gibs, none
- Gib amount
- Gibbable dead bodies
- Randomly X-flip dead monster sprites
- Corpse blood (the pool of blood that grows outwards like in Duke 3D)
- Footprints (stepping on corpse blood will trigger footprints for a limited distance, and also shrink down the corpse blood until they disappear completely. Just like in Duke3D)
- Door squish effect (again, like in Duke3D. The long, stretching meat that gets spawned when a body gets crushed)
- Max amount of gore-related sprites (defaults to 1024)

I also added a keybind that instantly deletes every gore-related sprite in the map in 1 go.

Other suggestions welcome.
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many options!
Nash wrote:I also added a keybind that instantly deletes every gore-related sprite in the map in 1 go.
:O
Xim

Post by Xim »

This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out.
Any chance this will have effects for ice deaths?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”