Less Slippery Doom Movement (May 2018 ZScript rewrite)

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.

Re: Less Slippery Doom Movement (May 2018 ZScript rewrite)

Postby Enjay » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:50 pm

Sorry for the bumpage but I was just playing around with this on a map that uses low-friction and I found that it has an interesting side effect. Icy areas that were meant to be very slippery actually became less slippery than regular floors.

I've attached a map for easy comparison. Load the attached into GZDoom without nashmove and see how slippery the central area with the SHAWN2 floor is then try again with nashmove loaded.

I also tested it with "sludgy" friction floors and it seemed to make things a bit more sludgy. It certainly didn't make them any less so anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Re: Less Slippery Doom Movement (May 2018 ZScript rewrite)

Postby ramon.dexter » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Enjay wrote:Sorry for the bumpage but I was just playing around with this on a map that uses low-friction and I found that it has an interesting side effect. Icy areas that were meant to be very slippery actually became less slippery than regular floors.

I've attached a map for easy comparison. Load the attached into GZDoom without nashmove and see how slippery the central area with the SHAWN2 floor is then try again with nashmove loaded.

I also tested it with "sludgy" friction floors and it seemed to make things a bit more sludgy. It certainly didn't make them any less so anyway.

Yup, the same happens in Hexen map seven portals - the icy parts are less slippery than normal surface with this mod.
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy

Previous

Return to Script Library