Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
Valherran
Posts: 1388
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by Valherran »

Gideon020 wrote:Really? Cause I got it to work with ZBloody Hell no problem...
I wasn't aware it was even compatible, I thought it needed some changes done for that to work. Nevermind then.
delroku
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by delroku »

turns out it was Ketchup, but!...
there's something funny here, apparently you can get both the Zblood weapons and the Ultra Crispy ones, which, i wouldn't probably mind but the ammo seems to be different for every version of each weapon.
and yeah it looks weird...
btw there's still no voodoo doll, tommy gun or the rest of the dynamites right? no pressure tho i hope you plan on add them eventually.
aside from that works great now.
on a sidenote i like the machete althought you could add the pitchfork too kinda like the chainsaw maybe? it was a nice weapon to keep the zombies at a safe distance from you.
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yes, although it's very cool, ketchup tends to bug the hell out of everything it touches, it seems.

It isn't exactly a bug if you are able to pick out Blood vanilla weapons and ammunitions, as i think (haven't looked inside the map) some of those things were replaced with exclusive actors instead of actors that replace vanilla ones. For this to work, it would be necessary a compatibility patch, and even then i cannot guarantee 100% success.

About the weapons:

The Voodoo Doll won't be in the cast, as the Cursed Heart fulfills it's function the desired way. Same for the Tommy Gun. The dynamites only lack a remote explosion mode, and i think i can add this, making the three TNTs into one.

Your suggestion about the pitchfork is cool, but i've already placed the same SuperShotgun spawner into the Chainsaw spot, so players which are going through Doom 1 maps won't miss the Assault Rifle and the Jackhammer.

Thanks for playing!
delroku
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by delroku »

nvm it turned out to be a bit more complicated, apparently there's also a problem with the dynamite not restocking ammo when you pick up more of it and actually being able to switch back to it like if it had ammo when cycling through weapons which is kinda annoying idk, Valherran might be right, it may need some sort of compatibility fixes for ZBlood.
Still a good mod to play other wads tho.
edgymemester
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by edgymemester »

This is an okay mod. The only real complaint I have is that the AK is very unfitting, every other weapon was in Blood/Blood 2 and this one weapon just wasn't. It doesn't feel iconic or correct at all. I think replacing it with an AR/M16 type weapon (like in Blood 2) would fit more with the other weapons.
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Ultra-Crispy 24/02/19 I live... AGAIN!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Caleb is faster, stronger, deadlier and better. And now he can slay some Flemoids.

Get your latest copies of Ultra-Crispy HERE.

First of all, thanks for the 2.300 downloads! This means a lot to me.

Second, thanks to GOLDEN MOBSTER72, TheLightBad96 and lots of other guys who helped and dedicated themselves to this mod and convinced me to make Caleb live again in Doom. The credits list is long, so i glued it on main page. It took me exactly 9 months to bring Caleb back!

And before you ask what changed: Chex Quest compatibility, improved Hexen experience, a better assault rifle, new sprites, new sounds, faster gameplay, new one-liners, new HUD, SAME FUN!
Spoiler: Changelog
Go get it now!
User avatar
TheLightBad96
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:59 am
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by TheLightBad96 »

Two words, HECK YES.

More words, glad to see you've come back to UC.

I've been absent from the forums for quite some time due to some personal things, just getting my shit together among other things, some more major than the others. while taking that break I decided to finally learn how to mod, I mean it was at first just graphics, messing with damage and ammo values and other minor stuff but over the course of a few months I've learned a lot more stuff to the point that now I've been able to code my own stuff all the while building my self-confidence on pursuing more art related stuff.

Needless to say GAA1992, i've got you to thank for that I mean without your allowance to pursue making my own customized version of UC I'd probably still be reskinning Brutal Doom.

Also congratulations on hitting that 2,000+ mark.

Thank You.
ABalen
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:34 pm

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by ABalen »

Hello GAA1992! Sorry for my delay to respond, I just saw your message about now! Just wanted to say that you can use any of my ideas without the need to give me credit or anything! Im just really glad to be able to help! Sorry for sending the message here, but I dont know how to use the forum messaging system! Haha! Congratulations on your mod, its awesome!!!
User avatar
SiFi270
Posts: 440
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:51 am
Location: Does anyone put a serious answer here?

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by SiFi270 »

When the machete's equipped and the non-alpha hud is shown, the infinity sign is in the way of the health.
erni945
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by erni945 »

I waited until I finally waited until :D ,I feel motivated to make a new version of the music patch. I take it right away :)
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Posts: 2562
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

TheLightBad96 wrote: Needless to say GAA1992, i've got you to thank for that I mean without your allowance to pursue making my own customized version of UC I'd probably still be reskinning Brutal Doom.

Also congratulations on hitting that 2,000+ mark.

Thank You.
And thank you too buddy! I didn't knew if you had an official link to your custom mod, and i didn't found it. But as soon as i have one i'll stamp it on main page for people to play as LightBad in UC ;)
ABalen wrote:Hello GAA1992! Sorry for my delay to respond, I just saw your message about now! Just wanted to say that you can use any of my ideas without the need to give me credit or anything! Im just really glad to be able to help! Sorry for sending the message here, but I dont know how to use the forum messaging system! Haha! Congratulations on your mod, its awesome!!!
Great! Thank you, i'll just leave my words about it on the Blood Rebirth thread, even though it's been some days since the last update =)
I will begin to work on it now!
SiFi270 wrote:When the machete's equipped and the non-alpha hud is shown, the infinity sign is in the way of the health.
Whoops! Thankfully this is easy to fix;
Spoiler:
Thanks! Will solve on next update.
erni945 wrote:I waited until I finally waited until :D ,I feel motivated to make a new version of the music patch. I take it right away :)
Always welcome, always will be on first page ;)
M477550N
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:07 pm

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by M477550N »

This mod is awesome!! Question: I played ZBloody Hell and Ultra Crispy, when I see some ammo crates I can't pick them up. Any way to fix this?
Thanks for this great mod! Looks amazing!
User avatar
TheLightBad96
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 12:59 am
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by TheLightBad96 »

GAA1992 wrote:
Spoiler:


And thank you too buddy! I didn't knew if you had an official link to your custom mod, and i didn't found it. But as soon as i have one i'll stamp it on main page for people to play as LightBad in UC ;))
I would pass a link over but it's not exactly finished yet, So I'd hold off that. I'll send you a link once it's complete.
Gadosen
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: Ultra-Crispy 24/02/19 I live... AGAIN!

Post by Gadosen »

GAA1992 wrote:Caleb is faster, stronger, deadlier and better. And now he can slay some Flemoids.

Get your latest copies of Ultra-Crispy HERE.

First of all, thanks for the 2.300 downloads! This means a lot to me.

Second, thanks to GOLDEN MOBSTER72, TheLightBad96 and lots of other guys who helped and dedicated themselves to this mod and convinced me to make Caleb live again in Doom. The credits list is long, so i glued it on main page. It took me exactly 9 months to bring Caleb back!

And before you ask what changed: Chex Quest compatibility, improved Hexen experience, a better assault rifle, new sprites, new sounds, faster gameplay, new one-liners, new HUD, SAME FUN!
Spoiler: Changelog
Go get it now!
O papai chegou! Uh-O papai chegou! ♪
Sounds even better that it was before... as soon as I'm home I'm going to test this bad boy out XD
BTW Have you seen something about Re-Blood? That could help the mod go even further IMO
erni945
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Ultra-Crispy (24/02/19) I live... AGAIN!

Post by erni945 »

GAA, I was reminded of one thing I was about to ask you. Is the assault rifle now available at Hexen?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”