[REL] Bratwurst RECOOKED - mod revival!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Rel] Bratwurst - Customizable nazis for Doom

Post by armymen12002003 »

I wasn't sure how i felt about this wad after i played a few levels of zones of fear and combined arms with it pretty fun and challenging.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I always felt like wolfenstein's enemies (while iconic and nostalgic as hell) were a bit too basic for this to be any fun. I was sorely mistaken. The improvements you made to them with things like tracers and continuous fire options, mutant revival, made this one of my favorite monster packs hands down. pair it with trailblazer for the ultimate america fuk yeah power fantasy :D
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

very good and very fun!
but enemies dont drop weapons?
i don tknow if i really want this but texture replacemnt that are form wolfenstein ?
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

shadstarn wrote:but enemies dont drop weapons?
It's in the options under Bratwurst Settings, look for Officer Drops and SS Drops and change it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

i don tknow if i really want this but texture replacemnt that are form wolfenstein ?
If you're not sure, why bother the modder with something which hasn't anything to do with this project? Texture packs aren't easy to do.
HorrorMovieRei
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Small bugfix update: Mainly fixing the monsters not having ambush flags, and also changed the mod to a .pk3 instead of a wad file.
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Also, Melodica was kind enough to make a patch that adds the sprite rotations from the Wolfenstein Sprite fix project in Bratwurst:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bxai4glsj ... 1.pk3/file

Just load this after Bratwurst and you're gravy.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Bratwurst is incompatible with weapon mods because making enemies drop a shotgun/chaingun once and shells/clips afterwards only checks for the original weapons by name. I've no idea to work around this, but maybe giving a token along with the weapon. Also, you used A_SpawnItemEx instead of A_DropItem for ammo drops, making them disregard the DropAmmoFactor setting, e.g. dropped clips should give 5, shotguns 4, shells 2, chainguns 10 and clipboxes 25 ammo. Apart from that I'm really enjoying this mod, thanks for the effort :)
Panzermann11
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Panzermann11 »

I really wish there was a weapon mod with Wolf3D weapons to go along with the mod, even community ones such as the rocket launcher and flamethrower aside from the boring vanilla Doom weapons.

Yeah, yeah. I knew the weapon mod is on the to-do list at the main post, but are you still working on it?
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Finder153 wrote:I really wish there was a weapon mod with Wolf3D weapons to go along with the mod, even community ones such as the rocket launcher and flamethrower aside from the boring vanilla Doom weapons.

Yeah, yeah. I knew the weapon mod is on the to-do list at the main post, but are you still working on it?
Codename: Jaguar comes to mind, as does playing as BJ in Samsara.
Panzermann11
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Panzermann11 »

I want a simple, customizable Wolf3D weapons mod with community weapons such as the rocket launcher, flamethrower, and more aside from the vanilla guns, not Samsara and Codename Jaguar, just a simple weapons mod with no changes to other stuff at all.
armymen12002003
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by armymen12002003 »

Finder153 wrote:I want a simple, customizable Wolf3D weapons mod with community weapons such as the rocket launcher, flamethrower, and more aside from the vanilla guns, not Samsara and Codename Jaguar, just a simple weapons mod with no changes to other stuff at all.
I second this :)
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Yeah, there's a surprising lack of WWII-themed weapon mods that don't replace everything else. Closest you get is the Plutonia set in Final Doomer, off the top of my head.
HorrorMovieRei

Post by HorrorMovieRei »

Finder153 wrote:Yeah, yeah. I knew the weapon mod is on the to-do list at the main post, but are you still working on it?
Yeah, I just wanna add some more stuff to the monsters first, like MAC skins, the super secret Christmas skins I'm working on, and other stuff like replacing the officer's spawn with the SS(for further WolfenDoom compability) and mirrored deaths like in the Jaguar version. I'm gonna leave gibbable bosses for later cause I have a lot of other sprites I'm working on right now and aaaa y'know how it goes. You'll probably see the weapons before I finish those.
DabbingSquidward wrote:Bratwurst is incompatible with weapon mods because making enemies drop a shotgun/chaingun once and shells/clips afterwards only checks for the original weapons by name.
I waaas gonna remove that, but decided to keep it for when I make the weapons mod(altho I might look into your idea of item tokens now).
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

Does anyone know any recommended settings for the enemies? Like a way to balance the monsters so that they aren't too easy.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”