[0.5A Release] ZRift - Chasm in Doom and Heretic

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Pandut
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [0.3a Release] ZRift - Chasm in Doom (DL link in OP)

Post by Pandut »

4shot wrote:Pretty impressive for a mod still early on in development, and it's great to see Chasm isn't entirely forgotten either.
After playing it on the scythe2 wad, I decided to mess around with a few things.
Those enemy concepts are pretty cool. Also I am currently working on a plasma-throwing weapon to act as a flamethrower, aha.
elCreyo wrote:Hey. This is awesome. Never played the original game but it seems to be really cool. 8-)

The only thing I don't understand is the pistol that shoots gibs. Lol. What's up with that? :lol:
Ahaha, I forgot to remove that. That weapon was purely for testing monster gibs XD.

I am slowly chipping away at the next release, currently working on a few new enemies, alt-fire modes for various weapons and improving FX as well as sounds.
4shot

Post by 4shot »

I have a file containing the new enemies and weapon, alongside a few minor other modifications, namely, modifying weapon performance and enemy spawners (The scorpion in the original Chasm was a low-end enemy alongside the Mong grunt, so I swapped it's spot with the viking, and in turn, filling the viking's initial spot with the goblin. The scorpion now has a chance of spawning alongside the mong grunt.) I suggest trying it with scyte2 so you can experience the xero and brigadier boss enemies.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OvJWGV ... s9Pli/view (download)

Also forgot to mention that I also whipped up a new variant of the Mong grunt and two new Turrets.
Attachments
The Acidburner Grunt, the second-toughest non-stratos Mong next to the Faust. Fires short bursts of burning acid in close quarters that can choke out the player's life in a short time span. Can drop an Acidburner upon death, and is immune to the player's Acidburner and other poisonous attacks.
The Acidburner Grunt, the second-toughest non-stratos Mong next to the Faust. Fires short bursts of burning acid in close quarters that can choke out the player's life in a short time span. Can drop an Acidburner upon death, and is immune to the player's Acidburner and other poisonous attacks.
Two new Turret variants, Acid and Rocket. The Acid turret (center) functions much like a stationary Acid Grunt, while the Rocket turret (right) is self-explanatory. Also all turrets are immune to poison attacks like the Acidburner's fumes due to their inorganic composition.
Two new Turret variants, Acid and Rocket. The Acid turret (center) functions much like a stationary Acid Grunt, while the Rocket turret (right) is self-explanatory. Also all turrets are immune to poison attacks like the Acidburner's fumes due to their inorganic composition.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Gibs don't respect moving platforms and just float there.
Pandut
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

4.0 release

Post by Pandut »

EDIT: Newest version on op
Last edited by Pandut on Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hipnotic Rogue

Re: [0.4 Release] ZRift - Chasm in Doom

Post by Hipnotic Rogue »

I'm glad there's another release and one with so much work done on it. I have a request, though. Could you make an add-on WAD or mutator kind of thing so that weapons will re-centre after their kick back, please? I play on keyboard only a lot of the time and it's a bit of a pain having to hit the centre view key after every shot fired. :)
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Let me know when you guys decide to start a community project for custom Chasm maps. I've been playing this mod with some cool maps and would love to make something Quake II-styled for this :)
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Hi Pandut! Great Update, I have a minor suggestion:
-Setting up the Species/+DONTHARMSPECIES Actor Flag, so that enemies wont attack each other (at least same type of monsters)
I will sent the rest of the suggestions/bugfixes and ideas on PM
Last edited by HAL9000 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

RUNSABER wrote:Let me know when you guys decide to start a community project for custom Chasm maps. I've been playing this mod with some cool maps and would love to make something Quake II-styled for this :)
Redesigned/Overhauled Original maps would be cool to have, but first all enemies , decor, actors must be completed.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Great update. Some really nice changes.

Love the raptor.

Am I right in saying that the dismemberment system isn't in this mod? It would be nice to have if at all possible. :twisted:

I noticed that the plasma rifle primary fire isn't leaving decals.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Enjay wrote:Great update. Some really nice changes.
Am I right in saying that the dismemberment system isn't in this mod? It would be nice to have if at all possible. :twisted:
I'm working on dismemberment system,iirc since 0.1 or 0.2 release. Chasm models use unique dismemberment system,
and I have to redone all chasm models and adjust them to MD2 frames/groups.
If the dism. system will be working correctly Pandut will probably add it in future versions

Example of Cleaned up and Edited MD2 Version of Chasm Monster ready for use in GZDoom
Spoiler:
Original unedited Chasm Monster Model, containing Chasm GIBS with the model, no frame groups, or body parts.
(notice the gibs on the floor,not for use in GZdoom)
Spoiler:
Enjay wrote:Love the raptor.
Raptor was cut from the game early in the alpha stage of Chasm development,
I've managed to restore model and create new animations.
Pandut created actor for the monster, I really like what he did with the monster, great job on the raptor.

Restored Raptor (Don't worry, it still have fangs, I created several raptor variations):
Spoiler:
Original model with no animations:
(original model was in really bad shape, I had to give it a total overhaul)
Spoiler:
Last edited by HAL9000 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Here is Gameplay preview:

Mods used for this Preview/Showcase:

-Tilt++ by Nash viewtopic.php?f=43&t=55413
-Retro FX with Dither Shader by Indecom/torridgristle viewtopic.php?f=103&t=60127&hilit=retro+FX
-Ultimate Torment & Torture maps https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/p ... -a-torture
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Now with that raptor enemy and new weapon, eh? I have been waited for this, mang! :D
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

@HAL9000 - really good job on the restored raptor.

The early model is pretty bad. Interesting about the Chasm dismemberments parts in the model too.

As a matter of interest, what are you using to read/convert the models(sorry if this has been answered already in the thread)?
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Enjay wrote:As a matter of interest, what are you using to read/convert the models(sorry if this has been answered already in the thread)?
Tools Used:
Spoiler:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Thanks for the info. I have Noesis already but that's a much newer version of QME than I have managed to get hold of in the past. I've also downloaded Q3MT which I haven't used at all in the past.

I believe that C4D is very good and I know that Sitters uses it for his models. However, the price tag is way too steep for me seeing as how most model work I do is just a bit of casual stuff now and again. I guess that I could try the demo but saving is time limited IIRC so, if I liked it, I'd have to buy sooner or later and it is big money for what would, I suspect, be minimal use.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”