Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
erni945

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Just wanted to rephrase myself, because that might be not clear: The weapon cast is kinda done. The only change i want to do is to add a M4A1/M16 with an underbarrel M203 IF i find a good sprite. All the other guns, such as a pump-action shotgun, lever-action shotgun, revolvers, tommy guns, tesla cannon, singularity generator and many many other things will be added as ADD-ONS.

I really would like to please everybody, but there is not such a thing. I don't want Ultra-Crispy to turn into a new Aracnocide, where i learned 54 weapons wouldn't be enough.
That's good, I think that this solution will satisfy everyone because I think that most people are not satisfied with AK and if it comes to adding other things as add-ons, I think that it is fair to everyone :wink: . I can not wait to change Assault Rifle :)
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

GAA1992 wrote:
LossForWords wrote:looks perfect in my opinion. btw do you have plans on adding a quick melee button/kick button?
Not gonna lie, i thought about a quick machete and a quick TNT button, probably with the user keys. Wouldn't it be too outta place?
TheEternalStruggler wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:i was thinking on something like this:

But those Cage sprites are pure gold too.
I think it looks nice. Either one looks nice. Ultimately, it's your decision; but I think that if you're to choose a pump-action shotgun sprite set... choose the one that has the most OOMPH to it. You know? Like the one that has a nice weighty feel to it when you fire it and it looks satisfying as well. :)

I don't know. I'm not really a weapons modder or anything like that. I'm just a gamer who likes to play Doom with mods. :P
With so many shotgun sprites, i think this one made by jazzmaster9 and zrrion the insect has the best balance around. It's a old trench gun, it looks clean and beautiful, and fits caleb vintage taste. Let's try it as an add-on and see what happens!
Thematically it looks like it fits. :)

I think it'll be a kickass addon! :D Definitely looking forward to it!

Oh and a future idea sort of, I was thinking... what if there was an Ebony & Ivory type weapon? Like as a replacement for the Berettas, you had two 1911s, one is silver-coloured, and the other is black-coloured?

No? Just an idea I suppose. I was just thinking since Caleb reminds me of Alucard, it'd be pretty neat.
LossForWords

Post by LossForWords »

Neccronixis wrote:I made some sprites for an Ak 47 and auto shotgun in the style of BLOOD (correct palette) that you can use. Are you aiming for early 20th century weapons, anachronistic weapons, or a combination of weapons from BLOOD 1 + 2 in this mod?
is that a browning auto-5? looks freaking sick.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Necronxxis sprite work makes me jealous of his skills. I wish i could do that the way he does.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:Necronxxis sprite work makes me jealous of his skills. I wish i could do that the way he does.
What does not mean that your sprites are worse :wink: , you also do very nice, some I like very much :)
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Cool, I love Blood.

My only suggestion: I've only looked at the vids so far, will get time to play later in the week, but: You really, really need the original Blood Sawn-Off Sounds! They are ingrained in me as the best shotgun sounds ever (especially the double-barrell discharge) and these ones are quite tinny in comparison.

Also, about the Green Shotgun Shells; they're typically Red in games because in real life, a good majority of manufacturers use Red for 12 gauge buckshot. Although some do make Green ones; green is normally a different gauge (birdshot most commonly, I believe, so them green shells should on average be more accurate and less hard hitting). Of course, this isn't a hard and fast rule, so lets just say UAC had a specific contract for green 12 gauges for some reason. :lol:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I could make it a tiny add-on (as all the other promised and not done because my time was REALLY short this week. I think i can get some time now). So, thanks for the suggestion.

About green shells, it's more of personal taste than anything. I know that 99% of the games use red shells and i wanted Ultra Crispy to be different in this territory, just like Turok was to me. I somehow found green shells to "feel" more real to me. I can't explain. It's some weird exigence of mine =p

Please play it and leave your feedback! I will update it as soon as i have new content to bring up, so you can check the old product and have a basic vision of how things work :)
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

i realised that altfire for flare gun doesnt respect aiming up
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20180531_101941.png
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

GAA1992 wrote:I could make it a tiny add-on (as all the other promised and not done because my time was REALLY short this week. I think i can get some time now). So, thanks for the suggestion.

About green shells, it's more of personal taste than anything. I know that 99% of the games use red shells and i wanted Ultra Crispy to be different in this territory, just like Turok was to me. I somehow found green shells to "feel" more real to me. I can't explain. It's some weird exigence of mine =p

Please play it and leave your feedback! I will update it as soon as i have new content to bring up, so you can check the old product and have a basic vision of how things work :)
Yep, I saw your previous comments on the green shells and thats fine (like I said, UAC clearly had a green shells contract for some reason), I was just illustrating the reasoning behind the red ones in games. XD

Will get to it when I stop being distracted by Wizard of Legend.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey, realm667 just published a little article about Ultra-Crispy:

https://realm667.com/index.php/en/home/ ... tra-crispy

Thank you guys! I took some of my time to work on Factotum, but Ultra Crispy will get some love too =p

Expect news soon!

EDIT: Added an 1897 Trenchgun in the add-ons section!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Congrats!! Those articles are impressive and so is Factotum's. Great to see such article from Realm 667 and this mod is still one of my favorite!
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

I look forward to more of the weapon addons.

Personally, I'm just going to use the mutators that make everything a bit more old-timey.

Not just for the pump-action shotgun, but also for the Tommygun and stuff like that.

I just dig that Old Western aesthetic for some reason. High Noon Drifter scratches that itch, I'm sure this will too.

And GAA1992, AWESOME WORK MAN! :D 11/10
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thank you! I knew you would like it, but i feel that trench can use a lot more work in the animations. But i am taking my time for Factotum again just to tie some loose knots.

The next add-on i want to do is a lever action shotgun to replace the sawn-off (it'll be dual wieldable), and then some replacers for pistols and assault rifles, which i have the sprites for.

By the way, the next update will change a little bit some sprites, more abou the two new guns (assault rifle and vulcan cannon), but it'll show it when it's time.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Neat, looking forward to the Tesla Cannon/Singularity Cannon add-on as well. :D

Blood ain't Blood without a Tesla Cannon. >:D
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I always thought it'd be awesome if the Tesla Cannon were combined with the harpoon gun from the alpha, but they were still treated as separate weapons like the alternate ammo types in Strife, so one would be the usual Tesla Gun with the same types of fire, and then for the harpoon gun, primary fire shoots an ordinary harpoon and alternative fire charges the harpoon with electricity to make it extra deadly.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”