[DEMO - WIP] World of Strife

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife - update: NEW HUD

Post by ramon.dexter »

While I was bored, I made new HUD. It's based off the Hired Guns (TM) HUD, frankesprited from screenshots found on google image search.
What do you say?

Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

Looks really good! I'd say it's a very good fit for Strife
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Looks good! I actually like the idea of Strife too, and it's a shame people don't do more with it. I just wish they'd developed the different pathways more, cause I don't think you can really stealth much even though it looks initially like you can.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

-Ghost- wrote:Looks good! I actually like the idea of Strife too, and it's a shame people don't do more with it. I just wish they'd developed the different pathways more, cause I don't think you can really stealth much even though it looks initially like you can.
Tell me :roll: For doom, we have bazilion mods. For Strife? Four levelpacks, three gameplaymods. And the strife is not that bad game at all...
Gneighter

Post by Gneighter »

Nice job! I hope we will see more such releases, because even demo got this awesome "Strify" medieval sci-fi feel.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

-Ghost- wrote:Looks good! I actually like the idea of Strife too, and it's a shame people don't do more with it. I just wish they'd developed the different pathways more, cause I don't think you can really stealth much even though it looks initially like you can.
Well, THEY hadn't. But I'll try to make even some of the quests to be solveable in multiple ways.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Okay, update after a long while... ;)

So, while I was bored during the long fall, I updated the WoS with new features. The new features is the new kick attack (I removed the older knife attack, because it really didn't fit the lore) and the ShoulderGun. The ShoulderGun is an inventory item employing the A_Overlay() function. Nice and cool feature. I added some new textures from neoworm and made completely new fluid water texture using the caustics generator.
Made a new STATUSBAR. Well, honestly, it's not a BAR at all. It's built around the screen, to fit the helmet I'm using.
For the story side, I did a complete reboot of the game lore.
So, insted of being based on the Original Strife, my WoS takes place in, well, alternate version (or dimension) instead. There are differences. The Order is not the bad one here. In fact, the Order was able to take control over the Elder God and uses it to provide energy to their machinery. The rebels wants to destroy the Elder God still, but of no good intentions. They just want to be in control of the world. The main difference is that the Order has not removed women and children from the people, so the people don't fear the Order. The Order is still a theocracy, but not the hard one. More will be revealed in tha game.

I little bit expanded the first city. Added the TekGuild quarters in the western side of town, and some small tweaks and changes through the town. I added around 9 new sub-quests, so be sure to visit the TekGuild chief, the City Judge and the Bishop, as these will give you new quests.

Also, I would like anyone playing this to report me any bugs encountered. I have tested this a lot, but many things could be forgotten.

Here is the link to the updated beta, also updated in the first post:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14O6LYw ... sp=sharing
andy1

Re: [DEMO - WIP] World of Strife - update: new BETA

Post by andy1 »

This is so good, i loved exploring arround :wink:
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

playing right now. did the city quests and got the main gate open. went into the castle and cleared it out, im looking for the leaders head, and so far nothing. only a little note that tells me to go somewhere. im guessing this is incomplete? or am I missing something? so far so good though
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Huh... I think i remember this project with Post-Apocalyptic theme. But now it's in Strife theme now! Since Strife deserves more attention, i gratefully appreciate your decision!! I will check this out.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Umm, this is different project. I'm working on Shadows of Apocalypse, which is now onhold (ran out of ideas, again), and World of Strife (this one). Since I'm using nearly similar resources, it could be little bit confusing.
The last release of WoS is a Big Update. I've added many new quests and polished zscript code for it. Try it, it's more complete now.

And I can say I have some new goodies prepared. They just need some polishing, but I believe I will update this thread by the end of week.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

m1lk wrote:playing right now. did the city quests and got the main gate open. went into the castle and cleared it out, im looking for the leaders head, and so far nothing. only a little note that tells me to go somewhere. im guessing this is incomplete? or am I missing something? so far so good though
You've got to go to the Castle and kill everyone there. One of the rebels (actually only one of this kind there) drops an item - his head, with some wiring inside. It's behind the central door. Maybe I should put in some kind of indicator to the head so it sticks out.

The correct order of doing the castle is 1. the door to the right, 2. door to the left, 3. central door.

Edit: The skull looks like this:
Last edited by ramon.dexter on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

As I promised, here is small showcase of what I'm working on:

Aaand some backstory: I bought a Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. Could be used as a PC headset, even works wirelessly. But that's not the main part. It is also standalone VR headeset running fork of android OS. And, since it is a standalone computer, there is also a doom port for it. It's called questZdoom. It is based on LZdoom, meaning it has a zscript support (only version 3.8, but all my things work with it!)! I tried running WoS with this, and after some minor changes it runs quite well. Meaning I can make content for VR platform! As fans of questZdoom made VR weapons for doom and heretic. So I decided to make my own VR weapons for the WoS. First plan was to make voxel models, but the voxels still has to be converted to models. So I quit the plan with voxels and went for models directly. My knowledge about modelling is little bit to none, so I started learning work with blender. Easier than I always thought. So, my future plan is to create models for the strife weapons. I got the models done, but only with basic flat coloring, texturing is the longest part, the second longest part is the unwrapping of model. My wild future plans are to create a player model and maybe some enemies or npcs. But I need to learn how to work with skeletons, animations and many more.

So, here is small showcase of what's planned:
My famous blasterstaff is a model now! And even with reloading animation!
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

ramon.dexter wrote:
m1lk wrote:playing right now. did the city quests and got the main gate open. went into the castle and cleared it out, im looking for the leaders head, and so far nothing. only a little note that tells me to go somewhere. im guessing this is incomplete? or am I missing something? so far so good though
You've got to go to the Castle and kill everyone there. One of the rebels (actually only one of this kind there) drops an item - his head, with some wiring inside. It's behind the central door. Maybe I should put in some kind of indicator to the head so it sticks out.

The correct order of doing the castle is 1. the door to the right, 2. door to the left, 3. central door.

Edit: The skull looks like this:
[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/t0LwQ ... wqycNF[img]
ok, so it turns out that it isn't incomplete. I was just at the wrong castle :lol:, I was at the one where the archeologists are out in front, and there's a deep pit inside. thank you, im really enjoying this mod.

I have a suggestion, though: could you put icons on the map that show where the vendors are, if possible? (edit: it seems there is in Millport, but not in Silent Hills)

I've also found that after buying a weapon from the vendors, Im stuck with that weapon and can no longer select anything else.

I just arrived at Millport and am currently trying to find the governor near the docks, but I cannot find him. a waypoint for him would be nice. im inside the building where there is a Villa Tavern
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Millport is incomplete. No quests, nothing.
m1lk wrote: I've also found that after buying a weapon from the vendors, Im stuck with that weapon and can no longer select anything else.
Which ones exactly?
edit: Nevermind, found it. Vendors are selling older items. Will be fixed in next release.
edit2: Most of the vendors are just bugged and dont work correctly. Mainly because I left there old strife weapons instead of my new relacements. I'll release fix once I get back from work.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”