Nun with a gun [V.9]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Nun with a gun [V.2]

Post by Skelegant »

I still haven't got around to making the angel sprites so I'll just stick with a recolored Bruiser for now, what symbol should I use for the summoning sprites? Something more wiccan than satanic would work best.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Does it needs to have rotations?
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

No, it's for the symbol which appears on the ground before the bruiser does. Ideally it should be some angelic symbol, possibly Byzantine.
Wiccan actually might not work with the mod's theme :P
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

That particular sheet wouldn't work so well but I found something else there that should look fine, thanks :) I forgot how absolutely gorgeous SOTN's sprites are
[edit] I haven't finished fiddling with it yet but here's the updated version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7sy85gyna ... gun_V3.wad
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If i am not asking too much, could you provide us a changelog? :D
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Absolutely :)
The shotguns now use 2 shells instead of 1
The MP40s have cross brands and the left one is facing the right way instead of just being mirrored (if anyone wants the mirrored MP40 on its own let me know)
The slot 7 weapon is now a tooth relic which summons a slightly overpowered bruiser (still gotta change the pickup sprite tho)
The bruiser and everything he does is blue da ba de etc
Faith's mugshot is a little more muscular
The Outsider meteors have a better spread
The holy water has nicer sprites
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

The sign-of-the-cross hadoken still cracks me up EVERY TIME.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Just updated it again, the primary melee is now a charged punch a la Netronian Chaos's jackhammer. Faith is a fukken beast and can take down a pinky in three hits, although she takes forever to wind up.
(kick has been relegated to reload)
Mere_Duke

Re: Nun with a gun [V.3]

Post by Mere_Duke »

Lol Duke Nukem fists! :D Nice gameplay mod but those hands looks... mannish!
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

Some girls do have really big hands (I should know lol) BUT that's no excuse for me just using Duke's hands and saying "duh she have big hande" :D
The hands are still placeholders, I'll update them on all the weapons once I figure out the best way to edit them.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Maybe a blurring tool and then indexing the layer to make it grain-y and lose the obvious blurring. This way you could hide some veins and "arm hair" (sorry, i swear i forgot the proper word).
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

Suggestion: add a second (Reload-based) altfire to the tooth relic: instead of using 200 ammo to summon a heavenly Bruiser, you could use 10-20 to summon a "Holy Soldier" (or something like that) which would be smaller, faster, and use hitscan attacks. It could look like a recolored Zombieman, Marine, or even something like Cold As Hell's American soldiers, attacking with rapid-fire burst.
Skelegant

Post by Skelegant »

GAA1992 wrote:Maybe a blurring tool and then indexing the layer to make it grain-y and lose the obvious blurring. This way you could hide some veins and "arm hair" (sorry, i swear i forgot the proper word).
I'll give that a go, thanks :)
Retraux Squid wrote:Suggestion: add a second (Reload-based) altfire to the tooth relic: instead of using 200 ammo to summon a heavenly Bruiser, you could use 10-20 to summon a "Holy Soldier" (or something like that) which would be smaller, faster, and use hitscan attacks. It could look like a recolored Zombieman, Marine, or even something like Cold As Hell's American soldiers, attacking with rapid-fire burst.
GENIUS. I'll look for something suitable (maybe a satyr)
I do want to add the ability to raise the ghosts of dead marines at the cost of soul ammo, but that's gonna require some serious ACS wrangling
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

Skelegant wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:Maybe a blurring tool and then indexing the layer to make it grain-y and lose the obvious blurring. This way you could hide some veins and "arm hair" (sorry, i swear i forgot the proper word).
I'll give that a go, thanks :)
Retraux Squid wrote:Suggestion: add a second (Reload-based) altfire to the tooth relic: instead of using 200 ammo to summon a heavenly Bruiser, you could use 10-20 to summon a "Holy Soldier" (or something like that) which would be smaller, faster, and use hitscan attacks. It could look like a recolored Zombieman, Marine, or even something like Cold As Hell's American soldiers, attacking with rapid-fire burst.
GENIUS. I'll look for something suitable (maybe a satyr)
I do want to add the ability to raise the ghosts of dead marines at the cost of soul ammo, but that's gonna require some serious ACS wrangling
I went ahead and did a quick and dirty mockup. Altfire now uses 10 ammo to spawn a "Holy Soldier". This is an ice translated Zombieman with 100 hp, continuous accurate shooting, and moving faster than a regular one. It stands a roughly equal chance with fighting a Hell Knight (can stunlock it, but a few good hits and it's dead). They're just a little bit OP for their cost- might increase that or reduce the accuracy of their attack.

I think a satyr would not be a good fit though, since it seems to just be a weaker Heavenly Bruiser (part of the reason you'd ever want to summon a Holy Soldier, aside from cost, is that their hitscan attacks are reasonably decent at cleaning up weaker mobs).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d7x5zca19 ... 3-edit.wad

Return to “Gameplay Mods”