La Tailor Girl v1.90 Plain Black [updated June 30 2024]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SMT_YHVH
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:53 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by SMT_YHVH »

Hege, I have a few things I want to ask. Are you going to add a function to the PDA that allows you to scroll through what you have worn? Are you going to add monsters killed, items picked up and secrets found to the hud?
User avatar
fakemai
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 am
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: Australia

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by fakemai »

Found a possible clue to the erroneous health pickup behaviour. I was playing nudist beach mode where the only outfits you can pick up are hazmat (as inventory pickup, you don't have to "use" them to pick them up which was a nice touch) and the Kamui suit (the brief moments of catharsis around a generally miserable experience). What I noticed is that after Kamui wore off I was able to pick up the larger scrap items, and it was contributing more than normal at that (33 for a medkit). The +1 and other outfits were still rejected correctly so she's still limited to scraps.
Apteral10 wrote:Kinda liked the upgraded maid outfit text that appears when the mod itself knows that here comes the most awful puns ever. Made me chuckle a bit.
The little details in this are pretty great. Also maid upgrade is probably my top outfit functionally and in appearance, next to succubus and schoolgirl.
Apteral10
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Apteral10 »

fakemai wrote:Found a possible clue to the erroneous health pickup behaviour. I was playing nudist beach mode where the only outfits you can pick up are hazmat (as inventory pickup, you don't have to "use" them to pick them up which was a nice touch) and the Kamui suit (the brief moments of catharsis around a generally miserable experience). What I noticed is that after Kamui wore off I was able to pick up the larger scrap items, and it was contributing more than normal at that (33 for a medkit). The +1 and other outfits were still rejected correctly so she's still limited to scraps.
Apteral10 wrote:Kinda liked the upgraded maid outfit text that appears when the mod itself knows that here comes the most awful puns ever. Made me chuckle a bit.
The little details in this are pretty great. Also maid upgrade is probably my top outfit functionally and in appearance, next to succubus and schoolgirl.
Tough to say what is my favorite... Probably upgraded sukumizu or max armor. However the upgraded flame pattern bikini is very useful. I would like to see upgraded hazmat suit at some point. Also I wouldn't mind finding alternative to kamui then there would 50% chance to one of them to spawn.
Rigel
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Rigel »

so some feedback i accumulated. some big some small

note: they can be spoilerish for some of the mod items weapons etc
Spoiler:
and keep up the great work! big fan of this mod
Last edited by Rigel on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
eharper256
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:30 am
Location: UK

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by eharper256 »

Good work so far on this, I finally got around to playing it.

One thing that is a slight issue: I was playing with DUMP3. Whenever this starts a new map, normally this gives you a pistol start. Unfortunately in LaTailor, this also appears to strip Daina! (lol) Which makes the starts of levels absurdly challenging in hub-based map-packs like this. In one case I had to fight through nearly 1/4 of the level before getting anything other than scraps. Any chance of you can add in a check where, if a level forces a pistol start on you, that you just get reset to the default outfit?

Also, probably intentional (?), but the Smart-Launcher's homing shot can literally do 90 and 180 degree turns and gib Daina whilst seeking an enemy you may not be aware of. Not so smart. :S Perhaps forcing it to fly straight for a short while before activating tracking (like a real radar guided missile) would be good?

How are clothes spawned? Do they replace spawns of weapons you're already carrying, and of armour? (And Hazmat replacing Suits, Ninja replacing Blurs etc.)

The carrots on the bunny suit seem alot more variable than they were in the brief spat I had with the previous version. Which is good, since they were OP before, but sometimes they're hilariously bad now. Sometimes they still gib instantly as well. So its a nice chance-based flavour.

I don't know how much more work you want to put into weapons, but I think it would be really cool if the outfits actually morphed all the guns into flavour appropriate ones (adding frills, cat-ears, floats, black paint etc.) based on the outfit, sometimes with bigger changes, like the Cool-Gun becoming the Hot-Gun with the Flame Bikini, the Pistol changing into a silenced Glock with bullets in the Tac-Suit, the Void-Sphere summoning Tacgnol as the cat-girl maid, and so on. The flavour being added would also easily indicate which guns are changed. Just an idea.
User avatar
fakemai
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 am
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: Australia

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by fakemai »

Apteral10 wrote:Tough to say what is my favorite... Probably upgraded sukumizu or max armor. However the upgraded flame pattern bikini is very useful. I would like to see upgraded hazmat suit at some point. Also I wouldn't mind finding alternative to kamui then there would 50% chance to one of them to spawn.
Most of them function pretty well, including hazmat, but naturally a lot comes down to what you like the look of. Not sure what would serve as an alternate Kamui (I'm fine with just that) but given there's a reference I'm surprised there isn't a Nudist Beach costume.

Spoileristic comments, mostly from Rigel's post:
Spoiler:
Final tweak: Have Daina appear instead of Doomguy on the Doom 2 ending monster roll. It's kind of silly as it is.
Apteral10
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Apteral10 »

Right now I am wondering what Hege has in store for us for the next update. After all this type of gameplay mod is a lot of fun and changes the way to play the game enough to change your approach a bit.
User avatar
fakemai
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 am
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: Australia

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by fakemai »

eharper256 wrote:How are clothes spawned? Do they replace spawns of weapons you're already carrying, and of armour? (And Hazmat replacing Suits, Ninja replacing Blurs etc.)
The major details, with a few minor spoilers:
Spoiler:
Addendum:
eharper256 wrote:One thing that is a slight issue: I was playing with DUMP3. Whenever this starts a new map, normally this gives you a pistol start.
That was mentioned earlier in the thread. In general this mod works best for megawads that have item distribution similar to Doom 2, especially the harder ones like Plutonia. Features may be missed in maps that have a limited item subset especially a dearth of clothing spawners.
eharper256 wrote:I don't know how much more work you want to put into weapons, but I think it would be really cool if the outfits actually morphed all the guns into flavour appropriate ones (adding frills, cat-ears, floats, black paint etc.)
Also seconding.
User avatar
eharper256
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:30 am
Location: UK

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by eharper256 »

fakemai wrote:
eharper256 wrote:One thing that is a slight issue: I was playing with DUMP3. Whenever this starts a new map, normally this gives you a pistol start.
That was mentioned earlier in the thread. In general this mod works best for megawads that have item distribution similar to Doom 2, especially the harder ones like Plutonia. Features may be missed in maps that have a limited item subset especially a dearth of clothing spawners
Yeah I realise that probably wasn't the best choice of map set for this; I have tried it with Sunlust and Classic D2 levels as well of course and naturally those are fine. But, I thought I'd point it out in case someone else tries it; it would be nice to expand compatibility to Pistol Start Level Packs without the Nudist Beach difficulty forced on you. XD And since I always play with Shades of Doom on as well, I like my variety packs.

Thanks for explaining the Sewing Kit. I didn't realise it could consume the orb; I always just used the Orb as top-up HP's in a pinch.

My fave outfit at the moment is the Cat-Ear-Maid, by and the by. Nice upgrades, the Kitty-Rhomba and the Clothes tearing are all excellent.
Apteral10
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Apteral10 »

Played through Scythe 2, Legacy of Heroes and JPCP map packs... I somewhat enjoyed Scythe 2 and JPCP but certain map in JPCP just triggered me to have to use noclip because searching of those keens started to become so frustrating because probably last 3 or 2 were almost impossible to find. For La Tailor Girl my favorite map pack will still be Maps of Chaos with the colourfull hell mod. Because it is so much good stuff. Legacy of Heroes map pack is good stuff but... Kinda disappointing how it was so short... Don't take me wrong because I have played two 30 level map packs. I accidentally expected LoH map pack is also 30 level map pack. I can see short and sweet being good even I appreciate it even if every now and then Map pack gave me feeling that "Where the heck should I go?" which is completely bad thing but it would be nice if the maps actually give you a hint where you should go.

Up to now I haven't seen anything wrong currently. Right now I am just very interested to hear what Hege has in store for us.
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 am

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Hege Cactus »

ill reply to few questions again
Hege in the final version you plan to have how many clothes?
Not really defined but many, many many are in plans.
Spoiler:
Yes it is intentional
Spoiler:
EDIT: Totally forgot to ask. Is there any intention to modify the "quit game" messages? There's definitely room for more sillyness in there that's all.
Spoiler:
And yes the quit messages are a thing Im including in the next version.
Hege, I have a few things I want to ask. Are you going to add a function to the PDA that allows you to scroll through what you have worn? Are you going to add monsters killed, items picked up and secrets found to the hud?
I would update the PDA if I was more skilled with the ACS to do so, history to log what you've worn could be fun but also bit trouble some

I can add those counters on the hud if there's more need for it.
Found a possible clue to the erroneous health pickup behaviour. I was playing nudist beach mode where the only outfits you can pick up are hazmat (as inventory pickup, you don't have to "use" them to pick them up which was a nice touch) and the Kamui suit (the brief moments of catharsis around a generally miserable experience). What I noticed is that after Kamui wore off I was able to pick up the larger scrap items, and it was contributing more than normal at that (33 for a medkit). The +1 and other outfits were still rejected correctly so she's still limited to scraps.
Well thats bizarre, again
the armor bonus system in gzdooms tends to do all sort of weird stuff as Ive noticed in my own end as Ive been testing some features, it's really hard to keep up with
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I don't know how much more work you want to put into weapons, but I think it would be really cool if the outfits actually morphed all the guns into flavour appropriate ones (adding frills, cat-ears, floats, black paint etc.)
Well that's a maybe but unlikely due of how many outfits there are.



So to add to a little preview on whats to come, here's some fun BFG action;
Spoiler:
User avatar
eharper256
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:30 am
Location: UK

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by eharper256 »

Scientist Outfit, cool stuff!

Any idea about the pistol start problem I mentioned before?
User avatar
Hege Cactus
 
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 am

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Hege Cactus »

eharper256 wrote:Scientist Outfit, cool stuff!

Any idea about the pistol start problem I mentioned before?
can't do much than use map mapwhateveryouwereon console cheat I'm afraid
User avatar
Sasha_The_Lynx
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:09 am
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by Sasha_The_Lynx »

Hege, you never stop to amaze (and spoil) me with these updates <3

Im really excited for the scientist outfit. Looks great. I can imagen some funny things happening in a lab when Diana is around hehe.
Diana: Whoops. Accidently opened up a portal to hell and let demons lose, again. ._.
User avatar
fakemai
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 am
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)
Location: Australia

Re: La Tailor Girl v1.45a [PDA Dress Order]

Post by fakemai »

Hege Cactus wrote:That's odd, if you mean the frozen as in dead frozen then its something I cant do anything about
I mean enemies frozen with the cool gun. And yeah, if it's not fixable that's fine. Honestly it's kind of cute they continue to obey enemy damage rules even frozen. It's helpful for crowd control too.
Hege Cactus wrote:the armor bonus system in gzdooms tends to do all sort of weird stuff as Ive noticed in my own end as Ive been testing some features, it's really hard to keep up with
I made special note of that example because it was consistent and seemed a good starting point for figuring out what's going wrong. Maybe some flag isn't being set correctly, or some conditional isn't doing the right thing. If GZDoom itself is being inconsistent that's probably needing to brought up as a bug with them.
Hege Cactus wrote:I can add those counters on the hud if there's more need for it.
Some sort of HUD indicator for that would be nice since the automap doesn't display them but it's not a pressing issue.
Hege Cactus wrote:And yes the quit messages are a thing Im including in the next version.
Hege Cactus wrote:So to add to a little preview on whats to come, here's some fun BFG action;
Awaiting the update! I also only just noticed that the BFG has status indicators for what modes work with an outfit.

Since you didn't mention it, did you fix the Doom 2/Final Doom credits where Doomguy shows up? He makes Daina's death scream at least.

Finally, spoilerific comments.
Spoiler:
Apteral10 wrote:For La Tailor Girl my favorite map pack will still be Maps of Chaos with the colourfull hell mod.
Glad I gave that a go, I'm mostly through it on the overkill mode and it's amazingly fun.

EDIT: Minor noticed issue: The title "Cybertech cover overcharged" doesn't fit within the HUD and isn't centred.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”