[BETA] DEAD MARINE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheEternalStruggler

Re: [BETA] DEAD MARINE

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

Help! I'm trying to code in extra Baron of Hell deaths (which I already have coded and put in place along with arms, torso, and head gibs) and well....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e5h9hk7kw ... rv0.94.pk3

I keep getting this error!

Script error, "DeadMarineEvenDeaderv0.94.pk3:actors/munsters/bruisers.txt" line 24:
Unexpected 'states'
Expecting end of file or 'include' or 'extend' or 'class' or 'struct' or 'const' or 'enum'
Execution could not continue.

If someone could help me out I'd appreciate it! Thnx! :)

I just wanna finish this fun little addon I made originally for personal use, but thought I'd share with the community as a friendly little alternative to Brutal Doom or Project Brutality. :D
ZeHatsu

Post by ZeHatsu »

Pretty swell mod, I really like the explosion gibbing in it, the lack of blood sounds from weapons does make it feel a bit empty though.
Would feel alot more powerful if there were some more juicy sound effects.
Lime

Post by Lime »

The Mixture of Strong Sounds, Intriging Aesthetics, A Tactical HUD and Bloody Gore, Then this mod is a perfect combination of vanilla and grit. I'll keep an eye for updates. this is Awesome!
Retraux Squid

Post by Retraux Squid »

Here's a quick update of the Machine Rifle-hacked edition for 0.9.2. I tried making it a standalone patch but half an hour of frustrated ZScript fiddling kinda put me off of that. I find that the weapon sounds a lot more badass if it's got that reverberating pistol sound effect instead of the wimpier old chaingun sounds.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vpbi295hj ... 2rifle.pk3
chetchaka

Post by chetchaka »

I was frustrated that dynamic lights didn't work with DeadMarine due to changed object names, so I made my own add-on that fixes lights. This may not work for certain enemy projectile lights in FreeDoom but I haven't tested.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PD6l7 ... womLXOMJPK
The Green Herring
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by The Green Herring »

This is a brilliant aesthetics mod. The one bug I can see so far that's not already reported is that the mancubus' custom XDeath state, unlike the Death state, does not contain a call to A_BossDeath. This means that if you gib the last mancubus on MAP07, the tag 666 effect won't happen (which will trap you in the original MAP07).
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

The Green Herring wrote:This is a brilliant aesthetics mod. The one bug I can see so far that's not already reported is that the mancubus' custom XDeath state, unlike the Death state, does not contain a call to A_BossDeath. This means that if you gib the last mancubus on MAP07, the tag 666 effect won't happen (which will trap you in the original MAP07).
Thank you for pointing that out! I'll fix that right now.

Hopefully an update will be out with in the week, I've been working mainly on a [SECRET THING] that will probably be implemented at the 1.0 release, everything else has been minor fixes and sound tweaks in the last weeks. I managed to find the original imp sounds in the Sound Ideas libraries and have added several new monster sounds that match the old ones perfectly, so I'm pumped about that!
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Will you be integrating any of the submods people have made so far? The gore goes great with the general aesthetic of the mod without getting too crazy, same for the extra weapon.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

The [SECRET THING] is going to include a new, differently-balanced weapon set, so I'm definitely keeping an eye on the weapons people make as a possible inspiration or resource. There will almost certainly be a rifle-type weapon in the new set. The gore mod I want to include elements of, because it's really neat, but I probably won't port the whole thing over as-is.

And thanks again for the addons, they're very cool and I'd love to see more! :D
TheEternalStruggler

You're welcome! I just made it for fun tbh!

Ah, yeah it sounds like it'd be a pain to port over as-is anyway. I mean, umm... well... things were going smoothly until the Baron of Hell. So yeah. If you can fix that, that'd be dandy. But I can't fix it, because I don't know how to fix it. lol

Anyway, the new weapon sounds awesome! And I really enjoy this mod a lot, and I think that our addons (that the community made) really fits the aesthetics and the vibe of the mod.

I also feel honoured that you mentioned my submod! :P
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, the addons work really well with it, I hope you guys keep updating them to match the main mod!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I just hope that bodies still vanish in Lava and Nukage.
TheEternalStruggler

-Ghost- wrote:Yeah, the addons work really well with it, I hope you guys keep updating them to match the main mod!
I'd love to resume my updates on my submod.

But my version with the Baron of Hell seems to not work because of this script error.

Script error, "DeadMarineEvenDeaderv0.94.pk3:actors/munsters/bruisers.txt" line 24:
Unexpected 'states'
Expecting end of file or 'include' or 'extend' or 'class' or 'struct' or 'const' or 'enum'

I don't know if anyone can help me out with that, or help me fix it; because I just want to code in gore for the Baron of Hell and hopefully the Hellknight as well in the future.

I want to knock out all of the Doom 1 Enemies first, then move onto Doom 2, and then it should be done.

So yeah. It's a bit time-consuming for me, but it's worth it.

I'd love to resume my submod, but unless somebody can lend a hand to help me out.... well.. the submod may not be completed as well as I would like.
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

TheEternalStruggler wrote:
-Ghost- wrote:Yeah, the addons work really well with it, I hope you guys keep updating them to match the main mod!
I'd love to resume my updates on my submod.

But my version with the Baron of Hell seems to not work because of this script error.

Unexpected 'states'

I don't know if anyone can help me out with that, or help me fix it; because I just want to code in gore for the Baron of Hell and hopefully the Hellknight as well in the future.

I want to knock out all of the Doom 1 Enemies first, then move onto Doom 2, and then it should be done.

So yeah. It's a bit time-consuming for me, but it's worth it.

I'd love to resume my submod, but unless somebody can lend a hand to help me out.... well.. the submod may not be completed as well as I would like.
Issue is pretty simple as it has to do with two smaller coding things:

1. Brackets

You have the "states" portion outside of the main GoreBaron class by accident. Need to move some brackets around like so:

Code: Select all

class GoreBaron:baronofhell replaces baronofhell
{
	{
	bloodcolor "darkgreen";
	bloodtype "greensprayblood";
	}

override int DamageMobj(
    Actor inflictor, Actor source, int damage,
    Name mod, int flags = 0, double angle = 0)
	{
    if(inflictor is "XtremePlasmaBall")source.A_PlaySound("gore/sizzle",CHAN_AUTO,attenuation:0.8);
    else
	if(inflictor is "XtremeRocket")source.A_PlaySound("gore/snap",CHAN_AUTO,attenuation:0.8);
	else
	if(source is "PlayerPawn")source.A_PlaySound("gore/hitmarker",CHAN_AUTO,attenuation:0.8);

return super.damagemobj
	(inflictor,source,damage,
    mod,flags,angle);
	}
}      <--------------------------------------------- This ends the class early. Remove this guy.
	states
	{
	Spawn:
		TNT1 a 0;
		TNT1 a 0 a_giveinventory("scream",1);
		BOSS ab 10 a_look;
		goto spawn+2;
Bottom of "GoreBaron"

//gib death 1	
	xDeath1: 
		BOSX A 5;
			TNT1 a 0 a_spawnitemex("gibcontroller")	;	
		BOSX B 5 A_xScream;
		BOSX C 5 A_NoBlocking;
		BOSX DEFGHI 5;
		BOSX J -1;
		Stop;

<-------------- Missing a bracket here to end the "states" class
<-------------- Missing a bracket here to end the GoreBraon class
2. Missing ;

//gib death	
	xDeath: 
		XBAR A 5;
		TNT1 a 0 a_jump(128,"xDeath1")    <---------------- Missing the ; right here!
		TNT1 a 0 a_spawnitemex("gibcontroller")	;	
		XBAR B 5 A_xScream;
		SPOS C 5 A_NoBlocking;
		SPOS DEFGHIJKLMNO 5;
		SPOS P -1;
		Stop;
Let me know if that makes sense.
TheEternalStruggler

It makes sense. I guess I'm a bit new to coding, so I had a messup! :P

Thanks for the help man! I really appreciate it, as I now was able to fix the Baron and it works now like a charm! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e5h9hk7kw ... rv0.94.pk3

Here! It's awesome.

I can finally get to work on the Doom II monsters now (such as the Hellknight, Archvile, Arachnotron, maybe the Pain Elemental? Unsure what to do with the Pain Elemental tbh.)

I think the gore addon is almost finished at this point. I'd say 80% complete?

Anyway, I really appreciate the help and I love your Faspons mod! :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”