Re: The WIP Thread

Post by ibm5155 »

Why?
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

ibm5155 wrote:
Why?
if im being honest. I love that satanic shit. those kinds of maps amuse me for what ever reason
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

doomfiend wrote:
ibm5155 wrote:rUoB0_PW5ds
Why?
if im being honest. I love that satanic shit. those kinds of maps amuse me for what ever reason
Me too, but I don't like when it's all the game that way + I love to trick people where shit like this happens with a single players but not with others (like if another player is in that room, he'll see just a normal room)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nothing's bad about the satanic theme and map here. Because it definitely sets up the mood yet interesting to watch. But probably, eventually going to make some religious people upset.

The only pet peeve i'm having right now is that skull face reminds me of Yee Dinosaur on a bleach. :P
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Experimenting with how I want the liquids to look. I think I'm sold on this style.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

https://webmshare.com/dvjGr

been workin on a little thing. Crossbow sprite credit to Ravage & Lippeth
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

doomfiend wrote:Experimenting with how I want the liquids to look. I think I'm sold on this style.
As pretty as that is, I have to wonder if liquids glowing that bright are even safe to go swimming in. Bright glowing liquids are not exactly a sign of safety. (Game-play wise or in real life)
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

water will usually always be safe when I make maps, but the reasoning for this kind of effect is only because its a sonic themed project, things outta be shiny, bright and colorful :D
Nash

Post by Nash »

doomfiend wrote:Image

Experimenting with how I want the liquids to look. I think I'm sold on this style.
Looks radioactive, my first assumption when I see glowing water in games is to avoid them.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Am i wrong if i definitely want to go in there and enjoy the fresh... And glowing water? :P
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

The colours you should avoid in my mod are Green (acid), yellow / white. (Animated electric water) purple (New element that gives the player 'confusion' ) and of course lava (going to use Blood as well but that won't do damage)

If you see grey or Blue "glowing" water. It's safe keep in mind though. This water will act like sonics water. You cannot swim and will need to find air bubbles / water shield; you'll hear iconic sound cues before you drown, that's the only catch.
GENTEK

The WIP Thread

Post by GENTEK »

Awsome! :D
Lex Safonov

Post by Lex Safonov »

Two more maps are secrets and I'll start working with the twists)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
FFFFRRRR

Post by FFFFRRRR »

I'm glad the original Shadow Warrior isn't forgotten. Definitely liking where this is going.
Captain J wrote:Nothing's bad about the satanic theme and map here. Because it definitely sets up the mood yet interesting to watch. But probably, eventually going to make some religious people upset.
Pretty sure Doom made certain people quite upset when it came out.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

FFFFRRRR wrote:I'm glad the original Shadow Warrior isn't forgotten. Definitely liking where this is going.
Captain J wrote:Nothing's bad about the satanic theme and map here. Because it definitely sets up the mood yet interesting to watch. But probably, eventually going to make some religious people upset.
Pretty sure Doom made certain people quite upset when it came out.
unfortunately no matter what you release these days someones gonna be upset with something. that aside. have a game play teaser of what to expect in my mod, note hud graphics, particle effects and some sounds are missing
as everything in the video is obviously very W.I.P

Return to “Off-Topic”