Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Project Einherjar - Final-FINAL Release

Post by ImpieTwo »

Something's different! What could it be?!

Special thanks to Skelegant for adding the base for the sleeves. It was an unfinished joint project but I decided "fuck it" and jury-rigged it myself. Pretty sure this was the last little thing I absolutely needed to fix.

EDIT: I'm so fucking scatterbrained it's amazing that I can function on an hourly basis. I changed the guns to their proper names in their decorate files, but not in the decorate code for Juno herself. Fixed it to prevent any possible weapon selection bugs.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Okay, download is suspended until I figure out what the hell happened to the ammo drops. Apparently they got switched around and I have no idea how, so sorry for the inconvenience.

This of course had to happen right when a new video of the mod came out, so nobody who sees the video will be able to play the damn thing.

EDIT: Problem solved, I think. It was a combination of a few ammo pickups I hadn't replaced from early dev, to gzdoom builder just being an ass.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Update that tags the sea mines so they don't count toward the kill count.

Also, featured on Doom Mod Madness!

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Congrats! It seems like other mods should be in the mod madness any seconds now- Oh, btw. Any more updates you can think of?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Captain J wrote:Any more updates you can think of?
Not offhand. Next update I do will probably be episode 2 of Midgard Outlaw, but who knows when that'll be. I'm in a play this semester and I'm looking for a day job...
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Revised the soundtrack slightly, fixed the Overwatch Trooper's death animations, made the gauss cannon slightly deadlier.

Also posted a remastered soundtrack wad which you can load along with the mod for slightly buffed up music.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I have not touched this mod in a while - not because it is bad, mind you, but because like your other projects, it is so massive, it requires a significant amount of time and energy on my part and I tend to be a bit of a completionist when it comes to Doom mods. I guess it is a good time for me to dive right back in! :D

I am also glad to see you have updated so many things (including the player's hands sprites) since the last time I played. I did notice you inserted a few shitty alt-light jokes in the quit messages, though; I hope you do not mind if I edit them out myself.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

The remastered soundtrack wad doesn't work for me, it still plays the original midis ingame. Any idea what could be wrong?
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

SoundOfDarkness wrote:The remastered soundtrack wad doesn't work for me, it still plays the original midis ingame. Any idea what could be wrong?
load it after project einherjar.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

A couple minor fixes recently, the most notable being that the Mako Gauss Cannon does more damage. Give it a test run and see if it feels too OP.
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

Hey can this be played with gameplay mods?
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

armymen12002003 wrote:Hey can this be played with gameplay mods?
This is a total conversion, most gameplay mods will probably not works without screwing something up. however if there was a gameplay mod addition for the Total Conversion that might yield a different result.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

What TheLightBad96 said. You can try, but they may not work correctly, and they will definitely ruin the overall feel and content of the mod. It's best to play through it unaltered your first time through, then mess around with mod combos after, so you don't miss out on the intended experience.

EDIT: I went ahead and made an update some players will be grateful for: a new, shorter trail animation for the gauss cannon. I recolored the old one and gave it to the new weapon in Midgard Outlaw's future episodes: the Glaive, a big-ass high-powered railgun that ruptures the sound barrier and anything the projectile whizzes past.

armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

one thing im noticing while im doing another playthrough of this is the baddies infighting is that intentional?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Yeah, most of the common enemies infight. I think I coded it so hitscan enemies won't infight with their own class.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”