[Community Project] 20 Monsters Challenge [RELEASED!]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lwks

Re: [Community Project] 20 Monsters Challenge [RELEASED!]

Post by lwks »

Hey Lud!
We gonna have a new community project this Jully? It'd be so cool if we had another one!
Btw I liked the music on map04 Underglow so I went to the .txt just to find out that the music that is shown there (Hate Machine) is wrong. In fact I had a quick search not only through all the musics of the 30-in-30 2 Compilation, but also of the First, the Third and the Fourth one as well and still couldn't find the correct one.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

@ New community project

Unfortunately no. The idea to have a community project got shifted into having a closed project. The team and I are working on something, but I can't give any details.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

lwks wrote:Hey Lud!
We gonna have a new community project this Jully? It'd be so cool if we had another one!
Btw I liked the music on map04 Underglow so I went to the .txt just to find out that the music that is shown there (Hate Machine) is wrong. In fact I had a quick search not only through all the musics of the 30-in-30 2 Compilation, but also of the First, the Third and the Fourth one as well and still couldn't find the correct one.
if you want to create maps there is this going on: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=55288
Exosphere

Post by Exosphere »

A fun map pack you have here Lud, and an interesting concept. However, I believe I might have found some sort of bug on MAP13. For some reason, you can't activate the the red button even AFTER you grabbed the Red key. I'm not sure if this is was bug or not, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Thanks. Were you using any mods?
Exosphere

Post by Exosphere »

Lud wrote:Thanks. Were you using any mods?
I was using Juvenile Power Fantasy, version 1.0 "Crash". I'm going to try it with version 1.1 "Crashing".

UPDATE: Didn't work with version 1.1 either.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

It appears that the issue is due to scripting in the map. It checks for a specific item, which is no longer there, because JPF replaces it. This would require more fudging than it's worth, but I'll keep it in mind for any future projects.
Exosphere

Post by Exosphere »

Lud wrote:It appears that the issue is due to scripting in the map. It checks for a specific item, which is no longer there, because JPF replaces it. This would require more fudging than it's worth, but I'll keep it in mind for any future projects.
Just tried it with a few other mods (Guncaster, Russian Overkill, and ModOhFun! to be precise) and they all worked with the map, so it is a problem with JPF.

Still a great challenging map pack.

Return to “Levels”