Post by Skelegant »

I wish I could say I made it myself, but I'm not that skilled unfortunately :D
I found it here: http://miditune.com/midi-96022-download ... maria.html
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Kinsie »

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ahh yes. That kind of weapon limit system is kinda reasonable and charming. Except it look not easy at all.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Spoiler: NSFW WARNING pixelated topless woman from behind
Perfecting my Blender -> Doom sprite pipeline. Remember to always model your character t h I c c

(other fun facts: underwear texture is 64x64, body texture is 256x256. This is sufficient for Doom resolution rendering. It's all about where you paint the shadows. I hand-painted these textures in style of early 2000s, pre-normal map/pre-physics-material-era styled, because this way I'd have full control of where I want lighting to happen. No substitute for hard work!)
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Boi, THICC is my area you know...

Tho about the texture, i'm full 4K HD for the sake of skin detail.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I started implementing a simple ZScript debug menu that allows me to control the weather system parameters, so that I don't have to keep typing pukename all the time anymore - just simple widgets that directly control the various world variables. I didn't implement caps on these widgets so it's possible to set a variable +/- ~2 billion (max values of int).

I accidentally set the timescale factor to negative 2 billion and was apparently transported back in time before the birth of Jesus Christ...

[didn't realize my calendar system could go back to BC! I have carlcyber to thank for that :mrgreen:]
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

Probably the last mod i made. This picture was saved in my cellphonr before my PC died

Also i posting the weapon list if someone want to make a Vietnam themed mod, this may be helpful

USA/Anti Communist Weapons:
Pistols:
Spoiler:
SMGs:
Spoiler:
Rifles:
Spoiler:
LMGs:
Spoiler:
Explosives:
Spoiler:
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

@Nash
Whoa, that's some really advanced looking weather system you've got there. And you're doing this on a modified GZDoom.
I don't think we need any more proof that GZDoom CAN be used for commercial games.

Also, what does that "(Condition: 100/100)" next to the inventory items mean? Damage to the item? (If so, that's pretty damn cool)
Nash

Post by Nash »

phantombeta wrote:@Nash
Also, what does that "(Condition: 100/100)" next to the inventory items mean? Damage to the item? (If so, that's pretty damn cool)
Thank you! Yep, my game uses a completely-from-scratch inventory system which has the ability for every instance of an item to exist separately. The inventory system is done in ZScript, it's not an engine mod, so theoretically it can be used in any Doom mod. It completely bypasses ZDoom's built-in Inventory class. Here's a demo showing a Test Item that randomizes its condition each time it's spawned.

The UI is super basic for now, it's just a simple list... for the final game, the UI will have to be streamlined to make interacting with the items more manageable. Multiple instances of an item with equal condition should be condensed into 1 item on the list, the list needs to be sorted alphabetically, things like that.

The [E] next to an item means the character is currently equipping the item. Again, because the UI is non-interactive, I couldn't equip/unequip in-game (only through code for now) but the player sprite's appearance indeed does update depending on what pieces of clothing you have equipped. It's a modular sprite system like in Diablo.

The entire system is encapsulated into a custom "Character" class, which means it's not only useful for players... I can make NPCs and monsters adopt all the above with 1 flick of a button. A lot of work went into this!

phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

I think I made this boss a bit too good at killing you.
Spoiler: What's going on in that video
I'm probably not the first one to do something like this in a Doom mod, but whatever, it's just too cool/nice not to post it here.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Ahh yes. I never seen any kind of that shots often in other games nor mods. Half-Life 2 has the sniper does the same shot and it made me totally scared when he did that.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Captain J wrote:Ahh yes. I never seen any kind of that shots often in other games nor mods. Half-Life 2 has the sniper does the same shot and it made me totally scared when he did that.
Fun fact: In PO'ed, ALL projectile monsters lead you on the hardest difficulty setting.
HMNuke93

Post by HMNuke93 »

?
Trance

Post by Trance »

That looks like one of Terry Gilliam's nightmares.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Another train level. This one, however, takes you on quite a journey.

Return to “Off-Topic”