[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] v3.1 released (p204)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez
 
 
Posts: 17683
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:22 pm

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Gez »

Tormentor667 wrote:Please also take into account that this is supposed to be a standalone mod for people outside the community who have no idea about such autoload mods
So people from the community are not supposed to play BOA? You should have said so earlier! :P
User avatar
jazzmaster9
Posts: 852
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Gez wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote:Please also take into account that this is supposed to be a standalone mod for people outside the community who have no idea about such autoload mods
So people from the community are not supposed to play BOA? You should have said so earlier! :P
No one said that. Its that the general populous outside the Doom community play these mods as well.
We always seem to think of the Doom community the majority audience.
No need to be over dramatic
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16822
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: A Year old Pizza Box

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Captain J »

Gez wrote:So people from the community are not supposed to play BOA? You should have said so earlier! :P
Yes, yes. We get the point. Torm just want this mod to be easily playable for everyone, including community people and the others who don't know much about doom mods without autoloading and such uncomfortable things.

I'm in a bad condition, so excuse me if i'm getting serious here, which is actually not!
User avatar
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Posts: 48320
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:19 am
Location: Germany

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Graf Zahl »

I have no idea how these shadows will affect performance, but please note that this mod as it was two weeks ago (last version I tested) does NOT run well on entry level systems! Extrapolating from my own crusty Geforce 550Ti it is clear that something needs to be done about performance, rather than adding more and more eye candy. If people experience the glory of < 20 fps choppiness all those features will become meaningless, your mod will get lambasted for just not working right!
User avatar
Kinsie
Posts: 7333
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:22 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: MAP33

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Kinsie »

Graf Zahl wrote:If people experience the glory of < 20 fps choppiness all those features will become meaningless, your mod will get lambasted for just not working right!
It's cinematic.
User avatar
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant
Posts: 5997
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Caligari87 »

Suggestion: Can the nazi scientists have their +FRIGHTENED flag set? It seems weird to me that they'd charge the player like soldiers even if they're armed. Just a nice little tweak to make things more believable.

Related, have some scientists be completely unarmed, maybe even some wandering randomly. It would make the levels feel more alive and less like a shooting gallery.

8-)
User avatar
Tormentor667
Posts: 13470
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:52 am

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Tormentor667 »

Graf Zahl wrote:I have no idea how these shadows will affect performance, but please note that this mod as it was two weeks ago (last version I tested) does NOT run well on entry level systems! Extrapolating from my own crusty Geforce 550Ti it is clear that something needs to be done about performance, rather than adding more and more eye candy. If people experience the glory of < 20 fps choppiness all those features will become meaningless, your mod will get lambasted for just not working right!
Actually the performance with the new system is better as with the old (subtractive dynlight shadows) so I guess this improvement was a good one :) By the way I just took care of a lot of issues you mentioned for C2M0_B - it should run smoother now.
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Posts: 2052
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Adding here replies from Samsai playtesting on Twitch, just to save them for us later:
Spoiler:
Btw friends, we have been noticed by PCGamer, oh yes... and we are still improving certain aspects of BoA :rock:
User avatar
Wiw
Posts: 755
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:58 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Everywhere and nowhere.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Wiw »

We have!? I'll have to have a look at that issue!
eadzon64
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:09 am

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by eadzon64 »

Hello Guys,
i
n the GIT Version there's a Bug that bothers me.
In Level C1M2, where you have to dive to get the green Key and then get attacked by the two Subs.
It is not possible to dive down anymore, and so you can't finish the Level without cheating.
I've tested with gzdoom and qzdoom stable and latest Git builds.
can you please fix it!

sorry for my english, and keep up your great work
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Posts: 2052
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Ozymandias81 »

eadzon64 wrote:Hello Guys,
i
n the GIT Version there's a Bug that bothers me.
In Level C1M2, where you have to dive to get the green Key and then get attacked by the two Subs.
It is not possible to dive down anymore, and so you can't finish the Level without cheating.
I've tested with gzdoom and qzdoom stable and latest Git builds.
can you please fix it!

sorry for my english, and keep up your great work
Sorry eadzon64 but I can't reproduce that, it works as intended for me. :|
eadzon64
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:09 am

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by eadzon64 »

Ok, solved the Problem, by setting Axis 5 under Joystick options, from moving up/down to none
that fixed it for me

thank you, and again sorry for my Denglisch
User avatar
merlin86
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:02 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by merlin86 »

Ozymandias81 wrote: Btw friends, we have been noticed by PCGamer
Really impressive, and nice article.

And finally they wrote GZDoom and not "a doom mod" like BoA could be done in Vanilla Doom + DeHacked (as happened in an italian website, like Tom's Hardware, for another mod which I can't remember)
User avatar
Ozymandias81
Posts: 2052
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: Mount Olympus, Mars

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Lol happens frequently with Doom related mods, but in Italy these things happens everywhere...
Spoiler:
User avatar
merlin86
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:02 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [Blade of Agony] Gameplay survey, please participate | p

Post by merlin86 »

@ Ozymandias81 : are you helping in this project, too?
Spoiler:
EDIT: Just tried the astrostein secret levels: I had from 40 to 60 fps for the whole time and I was playing with 1440x900 screen resolution.

My configuration is: 3.4 GHz i7, 32 GB RAM and a GT950 with 2 GB RAM on-board

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”