What Is This?
That's a good question, and one I can't really come up with a solid, defining answer for. So here's a bunch of them:
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is a mod about everything dying super-fast, including you.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is a gratuitous ZScript playground by a non-programmer who doesn't really know how to use it.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is a mod where the monsters learned to move not-slow.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is a tribute to the half-remembered works of Cory Whittle, as viewed through a funhouse mirror.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is really, really hard. Like, damn.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is perhaps not entirely serious, ala Reelism.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is heavily customizable via in-game Mutators.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is a mod that unerringly punishes you for the slightest mistake.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is a mod that doesn't mind if you break the map by jumping. Go ahead. Try it!
- Juvenile Power Fantasy contains customizable options for friendly AI companions, ala Marine's Best Friend
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is not winning any awards anytime soon.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is one of the few mods that actually pays attention to the "Gender" setting in Player Options.
- Juvenile Power Fantasy is a mod.
Doom Games: Everything except the WolfSS and Bossbrain has a replacement.
Heretic: Fully supported!
Hexen: Untouched. I will render it less shit or die trying.
Chex Quest: Untouched. Will probably stay that way forever.
(Courtesy of Slax. Thanks!)
v1.1 - "Crashing" (13/09/2017) - 15.8mb
Changelog wrote:v1.1 - "Crashing" (13/09/2017)
- F1 Help Pages updated with the latest info. Read it, already!
- Tap-fire on SOCOM and RCR is now more accurate, ala original Doom behavior.
- Last few shots of an RCR mag now make a clicking sound as they're fired, as an audible warning that you're about to reload.
- Lost Soul now plays nicer with timey-wimey stuff.
- D'Sparil and Maulotaur now respect the Monster Rockets mutator.
- Baron and Spider attacks now have appropriately-coloured smoke.
- The Sabreclaw's attack is now a little different.
- Added missing VFX to the Iron Lich's blue orb attack.
- Fixed monsters not dropping ammo when gibbed.
- Fixed alignment of date in changelog menu because I'm good at this.
v1.0 - "Crash" (28/08/2017)
There's still plenty more to do, but there's enough meat on these bones that I don't feel bad about calling it v1.0. Now, get in there!
- Heretic is now fully supported!
- Further work on the shiny new ZScriptified HUD:
-- Added the mag size indicator! You asked for it... no, really.
-- Fixed embarassing bug where the ammo bar considered the maximum ammo amount for each weapon type to be 100 due to copy-pasting idiocy.
-- Added ammo counter, under weapon slots, togglable via screens size.
-- Added support for, erm, turning the HUD off.
- Revamped the Adrenaline powerup to use Term's fancy method from HND.
-- You can no longer use Adrenaline while an Adrenaline powerup is active.
-- Adrenaline length increased to five seconds.
- Fixed Stem Cells that replaced Megaspheres not emitting GL lighting.
- Increased RCR magazine size by 10 to prevent HUD indicator looking bad.
- Weapons now tell you if a full weapon slot prevents them from being picked up.
- Reduced Hell Knight speed, reduced health by 50, and gave them a nasty cold.
- Removed possible solidity from teleport fog.
- Revenants and Mancubi no longer hurt themselves with their own missiles.
- Added annoying beeping sound when below 25% health.
- Added new "Healing Factor" mutator (restores 2hp with every low-HP beep).
- Too many little bits and pieces of polish to list here!
v0.6 "Skeletowned" (14/08/2017)
Minor tweaks and major under-the-hood twiddling is the order of the day here. Once I'm sure that the recoded HUD doesn't render players sterile, I can move forward with new features and with filling in the blanks in Heretic's beastiary, potentially clearing the way to a v1.0 release...
- Fixed an typo in one of the death protips.
- Added potetobloke's new SPAK-12 pickup sprite.
- New RPG and SOCOM pickup sprites.
- Fixed the per-map compat fixes option not taking effect when entering the level ''properly'' instead of warping to it like a cheating mod developer.
- Rockets now pass through Co-Op Buddies. For real, this time.
- Converted the HUD to ZScript! It hurt. A lot.
-- Jetpack and NVG now always display remaining amount when selected (not just when activated) where the selected item's amount would normally be.
-- When changing gender in Player Options, mugshot will now update instantly instead of waiting until you leave the menu and return to gameplay.
-- Weapon slot numbers are now lower down the screen on widescreen resolutions only, to avoid clipping into the main HUD windows.
- Some old hacks relating to telling SBARINFO things have been thankfully removed.
- Fixed duplicate HUD keys caused by cheating, as well as Heretic keys appearing in the HUD when cheating in Doom.
- Changelog menu has been redesigned to be less narrow. Did you notice?
v0.5 "Skeletonne" (10/08/2017)
- Added the TITLEMAP!
- Large under-the-hood changes to blood effects, dramatically improving FPS when lots of enemies are bleeding or exploding, as they do.
- Did first pass on new crushed actor FX
- Fixed a bug where Voodoo Dolls would constantly generate thinkers trying to figure out their own gender, eventually tanking performance. Yes, really.
- Changed the melee system dramatically:
--- Normal hits no longer fling the enemy back
--- Landing two hits without breaking the "chain" of melee attacks will make the next hit a "super hit" that does more damage and flings the enemy back.
- Other minor weapon balance changes:
--- SOCOM is slightly less accurate, slightly quieter
--- RCR does more damage and is a bit more accurate
- Added one new mutator: "Explosion Type"!
- Added an option for map-specific monster tweaks:
---Removes some of The Mother's movement capabilities on MAP06, to preserve intended gameplay
- Changed the widescreen border for Intermissions.
- Minor tweaks to Help, Game Over, audio etc.
v0 "Skeleton" (05/08/2017)
This is an "early" release, a skeleton of my final vision, that aims to get some feedback that I can apply while slapping more meat onto the bones.