MetaDoom v666 "Titan" (Dev Blog! p118)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MetaDoom v4 "Fred" (p79)

Postby Prologue-9 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:57 pm

So I was in the middle of a playthrough, and somewhere far off a Summoner got aggro, and decided to start bringing in its monsters. By time I got to where he was, my framerate dropped to zero. A quick flythrough with Freeze, and, well...

Spoiler:

I would suggest putting a cap on how many Unwilling the Summoner can, well, summon. Otherwise left unchecked it gets a little nasty.
Prologue-9

Postby Captain J » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Looks like that Summoner just went nuts.wad. *ba dum tsss*

Anyway you have a point, though. Summoner without summoning limit sounds kinda... Unfair.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Kinsie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:43 am

Fixed, thanks. Summoners now have a limit on how many times they can do their summon attack if no players can see them.

I'll probably kick out an update tomorrow if nothing else pops up.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Kinsie » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:35 pm

v4.1 "Fred" Download (~29mb)

Changelog wrote:A number of small fixes based on feedback from the previous release. Thanks, folks!

- Fixed Zombieman spawners only spawning Hell Razers when "More Actors" is off.
- Zombiemen, Shotgun Guys and Z-Secs are now slightly less perfectly accurate.
- Sawcubi now have a 50/50 chance of dropping a chainsaw when gibbed, by popular demand.
- Summoners now have a limit on the number of times they can, well, summon, without any players looking, preventing cases of wayward Summoners flooding the map.
- Summoners now appear after 20 maps instead of 10.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Re: MetaDoom v4.1 "Fred" (p81)

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Not sure if you can do something about this, but here goes.

So I was playing Doom II Reloaded with your mod (because yes, I still play your mod, as it is awesome :wink: ) and I made it to MAP02: Return to UAC. If you do not know the map, at the very end of it (which is a hub type of a room), an Archvile is spawned and starts reviving previously killed monsters upon your return. A Summoner was spawned instead of an Archvile, however, but only an Unwilling was standing at the spot where the Archvile normally spawns. The Summoner itself is nowhere to be seen and the map statistics tell me there is one monster left. Using Noclip, I found out it was still inside its teleporting room, activated but stuck and busy spawning Unwilling.
JohnnyTheWolf
Banned User

Postby Retraux Squid » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Script error, "metadoom-optional_v4.1_fred.pk3:actors/monsters/wolfss.dec" line 25:
Parent type 'MonsterCore' not found in MetaWolfensteinSS

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "metadoom-optional_v4.1_fred.pk3:actors/monsters/wolfss.dec" line 47:
Invalid parameter 'a_metableed'

I'm running the latest GZDoom (3.1.10). How can I fix this?
Retraux Squid
A_PosAttack

Postby Kinsie » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:52 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Not sure if you can do something about this, but here goes.

So I was playing Doom II Reloaded with your mod (because yes, I still play your mod, as it is awesome :wink: ) and I made it to MAP02: Return to UAC. If you do not know the map, at the very end of it (which is a hub type of a room), an Archvile is spawned and starts reviving previously killed monsters upon your return. A Summoner was spawned instead of an Archvile, however, but only an Unwilling was standing at the spot where the Archvile normally spawns. The Summoner itself is nowhere to be seen and the map statistics tell me there is one monster left. Using Noclip, I found out it was still inside its teleporting room, activated but stuck and busy spawning Unwilling.
Major Cooke made some changes to the Summoner's summoning behavior last night, hopefully that improves matters.

Retraux Squid wrote:Script error, "metadoom-optional_v4.1_fred.pk3:actors/monsters/wolfss.dec" line 25:
Parent type 'MonsterCore' not found in MetaWolfensteinSS

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "metadoom-optional_v4.1_fred.pk3:actors/monsters/wolfss.dec" line 47:
Invalid parameter 'a_metableed'

I'm running the latest GZDoom (3.1.10). How can I fix this?
Change your load order so that Optional is loaded after MetaDoom.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:12 pm

I take it there are still more releases to come and you are not quite done with MetaDoom yet after all?
JohnnyTheWolf
Banned User

Postby whatup876 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:56 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I take it there are still more releases to come and you are not quite done with MetaDoom yet after all?

I think all he's doing for now is balance tweaks and bug fixes.
Now he's working on another mod.
whatup876

Postby Kinsie » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I take it there are still more releases to come and you are not quite done with MetaDoom yet after all?
Nothing ever truly ends around here. I'll still push out updates every now and then, but my priorities are currently elsewhere.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby TheBoltReaper » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Kinsie wrote:
Nothing ever truly ends around here. I'll still push out updates every now and then, but my priorities are currently elsewhere.

You make a good job with this new graphics and etc,but you need to add Maps to be Super Awessome 8-)
TheBoltReaper

Postby Trusty McLegit » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Dude this is a gameplay mod, you want maps you make them yourself
Trusty McLegit

Postby Kinsie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:57 pm

TheBoltReaper wrote:
Kinsie wrote:

You make a good job with this new graphics and etc,but you need to add Maps to be Super Awessome 8-)
Never say never...
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby el armadillo2 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:46 am

Will you ever add stuff from Doom Ressurection?
el armadillo2

Postby Captain J » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:01 am

I think Doom Resurrection -ish features are already exists(doom 3). Is there anything i missed in the game?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods