[Fixed] Possible noinventorybar problem

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

Possible noinventorybar problem

Postby Enjay » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:02 pm

OK, this may not apply to regular Zdoom because I am only able to test this in ZdoomGL (which is based off newer source).

The MAPINFO command "noinventorybar" doesn't seem to do anything. It is supposed to prevent Zdoom using the Hexen style inventory bar in Doom games.

In Zdoom 2.0.47i including it in MAPINFO causes Zdoom to exit with an error.

ZdoomGL seems to have the function (I can find it in the exe with a hex editor, and ZdoomGL doesn't complain about it being in the MAPINFO lump). However, when I load up a file which allows me to pick up Hexen flechettes, the inventory bar appears regardless of me having noinventorybar in MAPINFO.

As far as I can tell, the instruction should go in the individual maps section because everywhere else I tried it caused ZdoomGL to exit. I'm assuming the following is the correct syntax:

Code: Select allExpand view
map MAP01 "entryway"
levelnum 1
titlepatch CWILV00
noinventorybar
next MAP02
secretnext MAP02
sky1 SKY1 0
cluster 5
par 30
music D_RUNNIN

That's just a modification of the MAPINFO for Doom2 that Randy posted.

I used my grenade example WAD to try this with. It can be found on my tripod site (the WAD was put together before Randy implemented the Doom inventory bar, so I didn't know the icon was in the wrong place).

The WAD is second from last on the page:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/Enjay001/

If Randy, or anyone else who has a newer version of Zdoom (newer than 47i) could confirm if this is a bug or not I'd be most greatful as it is quite an important feature for me.

The grenade file doesn't have a MAPINFO in it, so anyone checking this will need to use the one listed above, or put together their own one. Thanks.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby randi » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:18 pm

With ZDoom (not ZDoomGL), noinventorybar properly prevents the inventory bar from appearing. However, the selected item still replaces the Doom guy's face, so I'll fix that.
randi
Site Admin

Postby Enjay » Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:43 pm

Thank you.

And yes, now that I check it again, the problem is actually the same with ZdoomGL. The full inventory bar does not appear, just the icon to replace the doomguy face.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Return to Closed Bugs