Straydog - Tank Mayhem in Doom 2

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Straydog - Tank Mayhem in Doom 2

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:26 pm

Forget it then. Delete thread.
Last edited by ImpieTwo on Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Re: Straydog - Tank Mayhem in Doom 2

Postby Dynamo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:14 pm

So... I'll be the one: was it really necessary to have a mod that's barely a thinly veiled reference to black lives matter protests in the US, and mowing down protesters, sorry, " gang members ", in a tank?

No, it wasn't necessary.
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby Kinsie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:24 pm

Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Marcaek » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:30 pm

What's the matter dude, malding because your fascist daddy couldn't get the job done, so now you'll have to fantasize about what could have been?
Marcaek

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Dynamo wrote:So... I'll be the one: was it really necessary to have a mod that's barely a thinly veiled reference to black lives matter protests in the US, and mowing down protesters, sorry, " gang members ", in a tank?

No, it wasn't necessary.

Didn't have an issue with the protestors with signs standing on the sidewalk. I had an issue with people taking over entire city blocks, burning down buildings, and attacking people in the streets. I thought the distinction between the two was obvious.

Marcaek wrote:What's the matter dude, malding because your fascist daddy couldn't get the job done, so now you'll have to fantasize about what could have been?

How was he a fascist exactly?
Last edited by ImpieTwo on Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby 0bsidian » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:38 pm

0bsidian
*Shrugs*

Postby Dynamo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:41 pm

ImpieTwo wrote:I thought the distinction between the two was obvious.

Considering the "gangs" that you have to kill in this mod include such groups as:

"black and right"
"death to fascists"
"the fist of marx"

I think it's pretty clear that this is an attempt to get a rise out of people and stoke tensions. That much is the only "obvious" thing here.
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby ImpieTwo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Dynamo wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:I thought the distinction between the two was obvious.

Considering the "gangs" that you have to kill in this mod include such groups as:

"black and right"
"death to fascists"
"the fist of marx"

I think it's pretty clear that this is an attempt to get a rise out of people and stoke tensions. That much is the only "obvious" thing here.

Yeah. People who attack others in the streets, burn down buildings, want to defund the police, push for marxism, and generally don't research what they're angry about.

But whatever, forget I even bothered.
ImpieTwo
Banned User

Postby Rachael » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:40 am

So I've had a night to think about this, and all I can say is ... wow.

I really did not expect this from you, Impie. You've really let me down. I thought you were a better person than this. To say that I am disappointed, ... well, that is the bare minimum to describe what I feel.

There is a lot more to unpack in this thread, but most of it speaks for itself, so ... I'll just hit the more vital points.

ImpieTwo wrote:People who attack others in the streets

No doubt, bad. No one will argue with you on that.

However, have you ever looked into a phenomenon known as "media bias"? There is a very obvious racism within the media where it is often blacks and other minorities who get portrayed killing each other, even though white violence happens just as often. You wouldn't know it just watching local news though, because they only report on the blacks or latinos doing it. MAYBE once in a while they'll show some white crime just to make it look less biased. MAYBE. The fact that many news stations do this is quite cancerous to our society, and they do it on purpose and with a simple goal - make blacks and minorities look like the bad people. But look at some of the crime statistics as published by some official investigative bodies, and you get a whole different story about what's really going on.

ImpieTwo wrote: burn down buildings

Again, another misconception intentionally spread by the media. This time, making a mountain out of a mole hill.

First - there are instances where this happened. And they are bad. However, the news media caught what little footage of it they could (and there really wasn't much of it going on), and played it over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, to make it seem like it was happening way more than it really was. The fact is, protests make people in positions of power feel uncomfortable. People in American news media worship this power and even hold quite a lot of power themselves - which makes the protests make them feel uncomfortable as well. So the media did the best they could to turn the protests into something they clearly were not - and they were quite successful at it.

Secondly - even if property damage happened on a scale as described by the media - property is replaceable. Human lives are not. I think I know what I should be more worried about, and it certainly isn't glass being broken on some Apple store owned by a major corporation that can EASILY afford to replace the whole storefront millions of times over.

Thirdly - the majority of crimes committed in America are due to the brutal capitalistic system that we have, they are crimes of desperation not malice. These are people trying to survive and cannot do so within the bounds of the law. Do you honestly expect people to just peacefully die if they can't afford food? You're fucking nuts. By saying this I am not saying crime is good. I am just saying if you look at actual REALITY you should know what the fuck to expect. You should know people will do this. You should EXPECT IT, when such people have no other way.

ImpieTwo wrote: want to defund the police

Defund the police doesn't mean abolish the police. It just means redirecting funds that SHOULD go to mental health counselors, TO mental health counselors, and not calling the police to diffuse every mental breakdown situation, which often ends very badly. Police are not properly trained to handle the majority of the problems they are called in to solve. All they really have is a gun - and they use it, instead of far more peaceful and humane (and god forbid, helpful) solutions to those problems. Don't call in people with guns to solve a problem that medical professionals and psychologists are far more trained to deal with. Again, do your research on it.

You need someone to stop an actual violent criminal? Police are perfect for that. But when it comes to someone having other major issues, people with guns are not the answer.

ImpieTwo wrote:push for marxism

Oh, the ever classic "red scare". WATCH OUT FOLKS, CHINA AND RUSSIA WILL TAKE OVER AMERICA! YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR FREEDOM! <insert ironic laughter>

You know, a nation which separates immigrant children at the border from their parents, who has the highest incarceration rate in the world for non-violent offenses by a massive amount, with a brutal approach to capitalism, with massively high homelessness rates while only a small percentage of all houses are filled, that pushes for a sink or swim mentality that expects you to work for your boss or pretty much DIE.... that's not freedom, my friend. That's the modern, more "legal" version of slavery.

"Marxism" is just a word used to deride the left for wanting even basic dignity for everyone, for even supporting the basic right to live regardless of overall health or willingness to work. Do you know how bloody hard it is to get a job when literally every hiring manager has a massive swath of people they can choose from and has the ability to reject anyone for hire, for any reason? And you expect those people who get rejected for literally every job they apply for to just ... die?

Yeah, no, fuck that.

ImpieTwo wrote: and generally don't research what they're angry about.

That's rich, coming from you.

In short, you are the one being fooled, Impie. You took the bait, hook line and sinker, and have made a shameful show of it. You should know better. It's a pity you don't. I have no doubt that this will haunt you for a long time.

Laws don't dictate morals. In an ideal world, morals should dictate laws, but that's not what we have currently.
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby wildweasel » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:22 am

OP's responses and reactions to how this mod was received were less than favorable. They are now banned. I do not see that it is to the benefit of our forum to let this kind of thing have a platform.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness