[0.9.10b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode demons

Please do not mimic the behavior of the posts shown here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

[0.9.10b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode demons

Postby Massaraksh » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:49 pm

I like the mod a lot, and therefore I've taken the liberty to remove all the immersion-breaking tips from it. Now nothing will break your demon-shooting concentration.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uo0nbp7gw ... e.pk3/file
Massaraksh
Banned User

Re: [0.9.10b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode de

Postby wildweasel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 pm

Massaraksh wrote:I like the mod a lot, and therefore I've taken the liberty to remove all the immersion-breaking tips from it. Now nothing will break your demon-shooting concentration.

And...it was really necessary to upload a 75 megabyte copy of the entire mod just for that? If I might ask, what was so immersion-breaking about it?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Massaraksh » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:13 pm

wildweasel wrote:
Massaraksh wrote:I like the mod a lot, and therefore I've taken the liberty to remove all the immersion-breaking tips from it. Now nothing will break your demon-shooting concentration.

And...it was really necessary to upload a 75 megabyte copy of the entire mod just for that? If I might ask, what was so immersion-breaking about it?

I don't like bad foreign politics being shoved in my face. Marisa is cool and all, but as is typical for people who write stuff like that they forget that usa isn't the entire world.
It also has nada to do with shooting demons with guns.
Massaraksh
Banned User

Postby wildweasel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:41 pm

Massaraksh wrote:I don't like bad foreign politics being shoved in my face. Marisa is cool and all, but as is typical for people who write stuff like that they forget that usa isn't the entire world.

I'm guessing you mean these, then (left is original, right is the "immersive" version):

I'm not gonna speak for Marisa here, I am going to speak as a forum administrator: this is not a "foreign politics" issue. This is an issue of the author wanting to say things that directly affect them. Their work is an acceptable place to do so. If you have ANY PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with the messages, you may kindly see yourself out the door, because this forum does not tolerate bigotry or discrimination. Not even in the passive-aggressive, "hey I fixed your mod" kind of way.

[edit] Also, I don't know where you got your geography education, but Galicia isn't in the United States.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby SanyaWaffles » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 am

I'm going to say something in Marisa's defense.

I don't even agree with her 100% on many of this "foreign politics" as you call it. Hell, I don't agree with alot of people's politics here. However, I believe in being civil about it.

However, she's my friend, and one of my best friends in the Doom community, and I will defend her right to create her works the way she sees fit. I don't believe in altering works for political censorship reasons, be it left or right wing reasons.

I've tackled some shit in a satirical fashion before in Daytime Drama (about internet drama, cancel culture, and the like) and people gave me shit, and people defended me, so I feel it's only right I do the same for Marisa. If Marisa wants to tell this story with her mod, that's her business and I believe firmly in mods and total conversions as not just a form of self expression, but a form of free speech, something I firmly believe in. If we're suddenly going to limit that because it might shock people or upset... maybe we need to shock and upset.
SanyaWaffles
Now I've awoken, and I'm taking back control.

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Captain J » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:50 am

I'm on the grey area when it comes to politics. You will find something disagreeable, granted. But isn't it normal to take the words less seriously but as an other's opinion, or just ignore and enjoy the game even? There are plenty of ways to prevent being bigoted instead of making fabricated standalone without the author's permission.

No matter how showy the agenda gets, as long as it's not like good ol' medieval "BELIEVE ME OR DIE" but just a honest opinion from one and another, Freedom of Speech shouldn't be manipulated.

I'm not saying Marisa is being overly political, of course. But they just have their own thoughts-- Social Commentary.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby SanyaWaffles » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:00 am

those are words Captain J, and I agree with what you are saying.
SanyaWaffles
Now I've awoken, and I'm taking back control.

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles

Postby Rachael » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:07 am

We have some terribly awful problems in the world. It's surprising only when art and literature doesn't explore it, not when it does.

Believe it or not, USA is not the only place in the world that suffers from transphobia, late-stage capitalism, fascism, and authoritarianism. The fact that you assumed the author was from USA just because of what she put in her work already says quite a lot about you.

If you don't like the views expressed in this mod, that's your problem.

And yes, I'm agreeing with wildweasel here and everything else he said, along with Sanya and Captain J.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:41 am

Thank you all for the support. Honestly, I'm quite disappointed in this. When I got notified, I expected it to be yet another case of "hey I removed the anti-bd code", but this is honestly insulting. You have proven the point of one of those tips you've "made more immersive" (which ironically you didn't). I probably should warn you that it's not just those, but the entirety of the mod has its own messages everywhere against political corruption, ruthless capitalism, discrimination of race, beliefs, identity and more. These are real issues that affect us all, and if I feel the need to speak out about them, I will.

By the way, real nice of you to say that me loving my girlfriends is political. Thank you.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Discord: 霧雨魔理沙#1666
Twitch ID: magusmarisa
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit

Postby silentw » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:25 am

Massaraksh wrote:I don't like bad foreign politics being shoved in my face. Marisa is cool and all, but as is typical for people who write stuff like that they forget that usa isn't the entire world.

You're literally trying to disguise prejudice as being 'immersion-friendly'.
silentw
learning is not optional, STEVE

Postby JadedLexi » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:57 am

Massaraksh wrote:
wildweasel wrote:

I don't like bad foreign politics being shoved in my face. Marisa is cool and all, but as is typical for people who write stuff like that they forget that usa isn't the entire world.

Hey you, the right to live is not political.
JadedLexi

Postby Massaraksh » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:58 pm

I guess I just don't like being told that "communism is totally good I swear, fuck capitalism amirite" when considering how many atrocities are committed by that specific regime every single time, especially with my family being a victim to it. Just ask anyone from a formerly communist country how totally good and nice and better than capitalism communism is.
I bet if the messages in the mod were praising, say, nationalism instead, or saying "white lives matter", the mod would instantly get banned off the forum for "bigotry" too. What a bunch of hypocrites.
Actually isn't the right to live literally political? It's the basis for the entire abortion debate.
Massaraksh
Banned User

Return to Hall of Unpleasantness