Doom 3 for Doom 1/2/Plutonia/etc Textures Replacer [v3]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Doom 3 for Doom 1/2/Plutonia/etc Textures Replacer [v3]

Postby Craneo » Fri May 21, 2021 5:45 pm

Hello, in the past few days I started working on replacing the Doom 1/2 textures with Doom 3 ones, they are truecolor but low res (same res as the vanilla textures in fact), and should work with some mapsets, it replaces all vanilla Doom 1, 2 and Plutonia textures plus a few more such as SIGIL ones, and it should work as a Zandronum skin folder autoload pk3 file.

The pack is not necesarily final and I may come back to it in the future, maybe one day I'll add Final Doom support... maybe.

Screenshots:
more at: https://imgur.com/a/KGKBlIm

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/38r2yfxs74eau ... 3.pk3?dl=0
Changelog for v3: tweaked some flats for Doom 1/2, added support for the next pwads: Doom 2 Dark World, Deathless
Older versions:
Spoiler:

Credits: HidFan for ripping the textures, Id Software for Doom 3 itself, ItsNatureToDie for a Deathless-specific texture, full credits inside the Pk3.

Recommended optional mods to play with:
- Liquids Texturepack v5 (if you can run it that is)
- or alternatively, Rachael's fluids mod, which will smoothen the already provided liquid textures from D3
- any mod that makes flats glow (it looks nice!)
- Saegiru's fog mod (I'll recommend setting the fog to be reddish since all skyboxes in this texturepack are orange or red in color)

if anyone feels like making brightmaps or PBR for this pack, go ahead! I have no plans to do it myself but if someone feels like doing so it's appreciated.
Last edited by Craneo on Tue May 25, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Craneo

Discord: Craneo#8693
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doom 3 for Doom 1/2 Textures Replacer [v1]

Postby Grey-Wolf » Sat May 22, 2021 5:49 am

I've waited ages for someone to do something like this!
Grey-Wolf

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Doom 3 for Doom 1/2 Textures Replacer [v1]

Postby BrettBotTheCryonaut » Sun May 23, 2021 1:41 pm

Hey what a coincidence! Great minds and all that. :)
Aren't the D3 hell textures just phenomenal???
Screenshot_Doom_20210523_150902.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20210523_151031.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20210523_151740.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BrettBotTheCryonaut

Re: Doom 3 for Doom 1/2/Plutonia Textures Replacer [v2]

Postby Craneo » Sun May 23, 2021 3:36 pm

v2 has been released and with it some tweaks and fixes as well as textures for the Plutonia Experiment support, not fully tested but they should work.

I was thinking if I should add a poll on whenever or not I should add support for some PWADs too, since I am unsure on how "allowed" it would be (I had in mind adding support for Doom 2 Dark World, for example).
Craneo

Re: Doom 3 for Doom 1/2/Plutonia Textures Replacer [v2]

Postby Facínora » Sun May 23, 2021 6:43 pm

I really liked this texture pack. I added it to my website and recorded a video with it to make the post more complete. I did the same with EGYPT for Doom, btw.
Facínora

Discord: Facínora#4014
Twitch ID: facinoragr

Re: Doom 3 for Doom 1/2/Plutonia Textures Replacer [v2.1]

Postby Craneo » Sun May 23, 2021 6:55 pm

Brett, that looks pretty cool! more dark texturepacks for Doom is always welcome!
and Facinora, thanks! may want to update the showcase thought as I went and recolored all wood textures since the old ones stood out too much and were too colorful.

for v2.1 I changed one of the Plutonia textures that didn't tile too well, and recolored all the wood textures to be darker, now they feel more "creepy" in levels I feel.
Craneo

Re: Doom 3 for Doom 1/2/Plutonia Textures Replacer [v2.1]

Postby Facínora » Mon May 24, 2021 6:12 am

Craneo wrote:may want to update the showcase thought as I went and recolored all wood textures since the old ones stood out too much and were too colorful

I'll record more videos with it. people seem to be liking it and I liked it myself. that was just a preliminary exploration of the mod anyway. good job!
Facínora

Discord: Facínora#4014
Twitch ID: facinoragr

Re: Doom 3 for Doom 1/2/Plutonia/etc Textures Replacer [v3]

Postby Craneo » Tue May 25, 2021 12:13 pm

v3 has been released and with it support for Doom 2 Dark World and Deathless!
Craneo

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches