Yamaha Overdrive (Beta) / New update!

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Yamaha Overdrive (Beta) / New update!

Postby cubebert » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:59 pm

So after a month of debugging and procrastination, I'm presenting my first mod for ZDoom: Yamaha Overdrive. As someone who enjoys synthesized music over the sampled audio that the SNES has and with there already being SNES music randomizers, I wanted to try my hand out at making a Sega Mega Drive jukebox. Using the framework of Kinsie's Floppy Disk (with his permission, of course), I've put over a thousand tracks into the randomizer; most of them are from Mega Drive games, but there are a couple of Master System titles in there. Yamaha Overdrive targets Zandronum, but there are a couple of GZDoom-exclusive features in there such as randomized intermission music. The mod works best with vanilla or Boom mapsets; even ZDoom maps that don't use ACS to change songs can work.

This is only a beta release because I wanted to know from the community what other songs I can put in there. Let me know in the thread about any suggestions, bugs, or comments you have, especially bugs like songs not playing (for those, let me know what source port you're using and what song info pops up in-game). There were also a couple of features that I couldn't implement because I'm not familiar enough with the ZScript language to code them; I'll be more than grateful to have help with getting them implemented and ready. I've already made a thread about it last month, but I'll summarize the requests on the bottom of the page.

Download Link (204 MB)
Updated 09/05/2020

Spoiler: "Here's a bonus link."

Spoiler: "Bugs"

Spoiler: "Help with features"

Spoiler: "Credits"

All songs and games belong to their respective owners.
Last edited by cubebert on Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cubebert

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Yamaha Overdrive (Beta)

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Oh, i've been waiting to see somebody doing that! Sega Genesis also deserves attention.

I am downloading at this very moment!
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby Kuschelmonster » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:32 am

want to say good list but i would put Thunder Force 2,3,4, Rocket Knight Adventures, M.U.S.H.A., Master of Monsters, Langrisser II, Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole, Gauntlet IV, Advanced Busterhawk Gleylancer, Devilish, Crusader of Centy, Cosmic Carnage, Bio-Hazard Battle, Battle Mania Daiginjou, Alien Soldier, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron, The Hybrid Front, Vapor Trail, Verytex, Xeno Crisis, Herzog Zwei, Elemental Master, Dragon's Fury, Batman, Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure, Pulseman, Red Zone, Rolling Thunder 2, Rolling Thunder 3, Slap Fight MD, Snake Rattle 'n' Roll, Snow Bros.: Nick & Tom, Socket (Time Dominator), Star Cruiser, Steel Empire, Stellar Assault (Shadow Squadron), Sub-Terrania in the list (PS sorry for the long list)
Kuschelmonster

Postby cubebert » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Kuschelmonster wrote:want to say good list but i would put Thunder Force 2,3,4, Rocket Knight Adventures, M.U.S.H.A., Master of Monsters, Langrisser II, Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole, Gauntlet IV, Advanced Busterhawk Gleylancer, Devilish, Crusader of Centy, Cosmic Carnage, Bio-Hazard Battle, Battle Mania Daiginjou, Alien Soldier, The Adventures of Batman and Robin, ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron, The Hybrid Front, Vapor Trail, Verytex, Xeno Crisis, Herzog Zwei, Elemental Master, Dragon's Fury, Batman, Boogerman: A Pick and Flick Adventure, Pulseman, Red Zone, Rolling Thunder 2, Rolling Thunder 3, Slap Fight MD, Snake Rattle 'n' Roll, Snow Bros.: Nick & Tom, Socket (Time Dominator), Star Cruiser, Steel Empire, Stellar Assault (Shadow Squadron), Sub-Terrania in the list (PS sorry for the long list)

I've made the list of the games you've suggested to add for the next update. Thanks for the request!
cubebert

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:25 pm

I haven't read the entire list of our friend up here, but allow me to add Cyborg Justice and Alien 3 :)
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Re: Yamaha Overdrive (Beta) / New update!

Postby cubebert » Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:46 pm

Hey everyone, I've updated Yamaha Overdrive and added quite a bit of stuff. Right now, I'm interested in hearing about possible suggestions for Master System titles; there are some technical guidelines, however. Because of how GZDoom and Zandronum handle VGM files, only Master System songs that utilize the Sega PSG chip or the Yamaha YM2612 can be added into the playlist. I think some Master System games use different sound chips, but they aren't supported by either source ports. Let me know which games you want to add to Yamaha Overdrive, Master System or Mega Drive, and I'll try to fit them in if possible.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
cubebert

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches