Manhunt Ambient/Idle Music for Doom

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Manhunt Ambient/Idle Music for Doom

Postby XLightningStormL » Mon May 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Download Link (218 MBS)

NOTE: Turns out I forgot about D_MESSG2, I'm not going to waste an hour of uploading on sticking it in (shit Aussie internet son), so you're going to have to open up SLADE, make a copy of D_MESSAG (or whatever song of your choosing) and rename it to "d_messg2.ogg"

Manhunt is a game by Rockstar North, creators of the Grand Theft Auto series, let's just say it's an awesome and rather unique survival horror game, once laundered for being the most violent game on Earth, and got banned in a bunch of countries for it's execution mechanics, but despite these rather "shallow" mechanics it's practically a gem covered in soot and dirt, one of it's most important "features" is it's rather impressive soundtrack, inspired by John Carpenter and the music of the horror and slasher movies of the 80s, it's in my opinion one of the best soundtracks ever made, and definitely Craig Conner's best work.

I decided to port the music over for Doom primarily for my Hideous Destructor playthroughs, but it should work for anything that uses the default Doom and Doom 2 midi filenames (D_E1M1, D_STALKS, etc) though I'd imagine it'd work with any survival horror, darkness, or sneak mod out there for GZDoom (DarkdoomZ, SUAB and this would make a pretty solid package ;) throw in a mod that slows the player's walking down and you're basically set. So give it a shot if you're tired of PSXDoom, and Hellstorm Archon's Ambient Pack.
Last edited by XLightningStormL on Wed May 13, 2020 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
XLightningStormL
Former DUSK Wiki Master

Twitch ID: XLightmingStormL

Re: Manhunt Ambient/Idle Music for Doom

Postby XLightningStormL » Mon May 11, 2020 4:16 pm

Update: dropped the file size to 218mbs by converting the FLACs to OGGs.
XLightningStormL
Former DUSK Wiki Master

Postby XLightningStormL » Tue May 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Also turns out there was a bit of an issue with the previous version, turns out that .pk3s if they have straight up .FLACs they'll load properly even without being put into a /music/ subfolder, .OGGs load using the traditional method (aka they actually have to use the /music/ folder otherwise they don't work)

Fixed now! (for people who downloaded before the patch) If you don't want to redll the .pk3, simply open manhuntost(2).pk3 in SLADE, create a folder, and CTRL + X all the files, then go into the new /music/ subfolder and press CRTL+V, then save.
XLightningStormL
Former DUSK Wiki Master

Postby MFG38 » Wed May 13, 2020 3:57 am

XLightningStormL wrote:Update: dropped the file size to 218mbs by converting the FLACs to OGGs.

If the file is still 200MB+ with OGGs, I don't dare imagine how big it was with FLACs...
MFG38

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:52 am

Hi ..is it now working without I have to use Slade ?
Cause I have no pc for that
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches