Animated Textures with Brightmaps

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Animated Textures with Brightmaps

Postby Kazudra » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:07 am

It was conceived as an idea; How could I apply brightmaps to an animated texture?
Turns out the answer was... not so simple; you can't apply brightmaps to any effects found in animdefs BUT you can use the same script (with not so clever renaming) and MAKE a 1:1 set of brightmaps.

The Lava took a whole day to realize, I figured if you can't use warp2 on it, you better animate it REALLY well. The Fireblu is a bit of a bonus; it's a simple fade-in-out animation done in script and the brightmaps were made in photoshop (isolating the blue/red and brightening it for that nice eye bleed)

It's kinda a proof of concept, but I REALLY like the end result of that Lava.
Heavy uses of Patching, and Patching with patching, multi-layered animation, animated brightmaps, oh and some Nukage.

This was done entirely in script, and it has a very nice brightmap (also done in script)

(the reason it's called "LAVA")
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kazudra

Re: Animated Textures with Brightmaps

Postby 3336655445 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:04 am

Very good

Discord: Счастливая трубка
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Animated Textures with Brightmaps

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:59 am

Hi ..how can I use that ? I have no experience with modding ..is it a ready to use pk3 file which I can easily load with other mods or is it only for use when I MAKE a mod myself?
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches