CRT HUD/Statusbar

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

CRT HUD/Statusbar

Postby Lippeth » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:11 am

Something I've been messing around with for a while and finally got it to a point that I don't mind sharing it.

I wanted the classic feel that can be switched between fullscreen and statusbar, with an alternate ammo counter and timers for powerups. The alt ammo counter is nonexistent if not using a mod that uses it, so it works for vanilla play.

I had been working on indicators to let you know whether green or blue armor is being used as well as a green/yellow/red health indicator, but decided to nix it due to complications that I can't recall at this point, it was a while ago when I started it. It's all still in the file if you want to take a peek.

Let me know if there are any bugs due to scaling or otherwise, or if you have any ideas to make it better. I hope you enjoy!

CRT HUD
Lippeth
Metalvangelist

Re: CRT HUD/Statusbar

Postby MFG38 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:01 am

Looks pretty cool.
MFG38

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Postby ToxicMasculinity » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:18 am

Is there any chance you could make a version of this HUD where the Ammo count is switched with the Armor count? Maybe it's just me, but the current setup is kind of strange and throws me off. Armor isn't something I constantly check, like I do my health and ammo count. It's nice, but armor is a secondary priority next to health and ammo imo. If not though, it's fine. Just thought I'd ask. Thank you for sharing this none the less, much appreciated. Also, another cool 3rd alternate version would be to use the split HUD that you have, and just add the Mugshot screen as well, but still keep the rest transparent, as in no status bar. Just a suggestion.
ToxicMasculinity

Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Woolie Wool » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:52 pm

This is absolutely fantastic and much more visually interesting than the previous "Saturn" HUDs. I think the numbers should be green or amber and have some faux scanlines, though, just for the aesthetic.
Woolie Wool
Call Apogee Say "Snappity!"

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches