The Unofficial "Now That's What I Call MIDI" Expansion

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Truvix

The Unofficial "Now That's What I Call MIDI" Expansion

Post by Truvix »

As many people who have been frequenting this forum for awhile probably already know, TerminusEst13 released Demonsteele some time ago, a gameplay mod that was designed as a love letter to both anime and metal. He also released a companion mod called Now That's What I Call MIDI, which featured MIDI versions of tracks from various rock and metal bands. Unfortunately, due to a series of complications that came up during Demonsteele's development, both of these mods have been put on hold until Terminus is able to come up with solutions to these issues. I decided to ask Terminus privately about whether or not he would be alright with an unofficial MIDI pack expansion, and he said that he would have no problem with it so long as I clarified that this is NOT an official release, as he is planning on making tweaks to the pack and wanted to avoid potentially confusing anyone (also, apparently others have done their own unofficial edits before, but I haven't been able to find any information about any other public re-releases).

That being said, this is pretty much what it says on the tin, an unofficial re-release of the MIDI pack featuring 149 new songs. I can't really show much in the way of images since, well, it's a goddamn music pack, but what I can tell you is what artist have new songs featured,which you can see listed here:
Spoiler:
That covers pretty much everything you need to know. Again, I just want to reiterate that this is NOT an official release, this is just an expansion that I made to add a bit more variety to what we were already offered before the hiatus of Demonsteele. This was something I originally was going to do just for my own enjoyment, but I felt that there may be a few people out there who would enjoy any sort of expansion they could get their hands on, so I decided it would be nice to make it public. Enjoy! \m/

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/o5ru3xbys ... ansion.pk3
Last edited by Truvix on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truvix

Re: The Unofficial "Now That's What I Call MIDI" Expansion

Post by Truvix »

New Update featuring 151 new songs, pushing the pack to a total of 650 songs. I've been meaning to get around to releasing this update, since I had it floating around for a decent amount of time but just kept putting it off. To those once again wondering what's new, here is once again a list of all of the bands/artists that can be found in this release, here is the list:
Spoiler:
Also fixed an issue where Chop Suey! by System of a Down wasn't playing correctly. That's pretty much it, not really anything else that needs to be said, these updates are pretty straight-forward.
Truvix

Post by Truvix »

Haven't posted here in awhile. Finally got around to doing a third unofficial expansion for this project. It was a bit of a hassle, but I think it was worth the effort, since I've now managed to push the amount of songs on here by another 150, pushing the total to 800. As is tradition, the artists with new songs featured will be posted in the following spoiler if you're curious.
Spoiler:
Kyotra

Post by Kyotra »

Hey mang, no Iced Earth or Volbeat? Maybe the next expansion, yeah?
It's good work you've done here though, cool shit. Seems you've covered almost every band that's worth a damn, but considering the broad swath of metal out there you still have a ways to go.
Truvix

Post by Truvix »

Thanks, I'll see about including some Iced Earth whenever I do the next expansion for this project, but I haven't had much luck hunting down any Volbeat tracks. Also, it's probably going to be quite some time again between this expansion and the next since I had to do some pretty serious digging to make this expansion as large-scale as it was. I personally like to do really big updates so that there's a noticeable amount more variety in the track listing, but it may not really be viable to do another expansion this size. That being said, my personal goal is to get this project to 1,000 tracks at one point, so can bet I'm going to try and make it happen.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

This is very cool, no hassle, just load it and play. It's impressive how 800 songs is 4 MB.

Through sheer luck I managed to hit song 001 only to find it doesn't exist, the songs start at 002. I copied it over from the original mod.
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

Would be nice if we could get some more NIN (Reptile for example) and add Jump by Van Halen (perfect song for joke wads lol)
devilemporium

Post by devilemporium »

why are half of the songs not ended with a .mid extension?
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

I guess you need a place to expand it? Check here.

Tho you will have to check as some songs are incomplete (check with a MIDI editor)
devilemporium

Post by devilemporium »

Glaice wrote:I guess you need a place to expand it? Check here.

Tho you will have to check as some songs are incomplete (check with a MIDI editor)
If you're talking to me, I wouldn't even have any idea how to add more tracks. I was just wondering when I went into the actual files itself, at the 350 mark, the rest of the songs don't end with the .mid extension

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”