[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Blue Shadow

[Discontinued] NC HUD v2.6.0 - September 7th, 2019

Post by Blue Shadow »

NC HUD is no longer being developed - 05/28/2021
NC HUD v2.6.0 (patches included) - September 7th, 2019
NC HUD on GitHub
Readme

Source port requirement
  • GZDoom 4.0.0 (modern)/3.8.0 (vintage) or newer.
What's new/changed in this version
  • Added the option to change the color of the background graphics.
    • The status bar background now changes color depending on that option, too.
    • A patch can set the default color.
  • Added the option to change the highlight color (this only existed as a mod-side feature previously).
  • Removed the border graphics.
  • Added patches for the following mods:
    • Brutal Doom v21: BLOODWOLF Patch (credits to ShockwaveS08)
    • Brutal Doom v21 Gold Enhanced Weapons Mutator (credits to ShockwaveS08)
    • Doom Expanded (credits to BlueFireZ88 and Blue Shadow)
    • Kriegsland II: Untergrund (credits to ShockwaveS08)
    • Naku-Naru (credits to ShockwaveS08)
  • Updated patches for the following IWADs and mods (maintenance updates):
    • ARGENT
      • Fixed: the BFG ammo was missing from the ammo list.
    • Brutal Doom v21
    • Brutal Doom 64
    • Combined Arms
    • Doom Incarnate
    • Faspons
    • Final Doomer
    • MetaDoom
      • The timed berserk powerup was missing from the powerups bar.
Compatibility patches
  • Aracnocide (nchud-aracnocide.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08 - June 6th, 2019
  • ARGENT (nchud-argent.pk3) - by Tekish - September 7th, 2019
  • BDLite (nchud-bdlite.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08 - June 6th, 2019
  • Brutal Doom v21 (nchud-brutaldoom.pk3) - by Tekish - September 7th, 2019
  • Brutal Doom 64 (nchud-brutaldoom64.pk3) - by Tekish - September 7th, 2019
  • Combined Arms (nchud-combinedarms.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08 - September 7th, 2019
  • Complex Doom (nchud-complexdoom.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08 - June 6th, 2019
  • Doom 64: Retribution (nchud-doom64retribution.pk3) - by CottonDisciple, ShockwaveS08 - June 6th, 2019
  • Doom Expanded (nchud-doomexpanded.pk3) - by BlueFireZ88, Blue Shadow - September 7th, 2019
  • Doom Incarnate (nchud-doomincarnate.pk3) - by Tekish - September 7th, 2019
  • Dusted's Pandemonia (nchud-dpandemonia.pk3) - by AL-97 - June 6th, 2019
  • Faspons (nchud-faspons.pk3) - by Tekish, ShockwaveS08 - September 7th, 2019
  • Final Doomer (nchud-finaldoomer.pk3) - by Tekish - September 7th, 2019
  • Hell-Forged (nchud-hellforged.pk3) - by Blue Shadow - June 6th, 2019
  • Kriegsland: Blutorden (nchud-kriegsland.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08 - June 6th, 2019
  • Kriegsland II: Untergrund (nchud-kriegsland2.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08 - September 7th, 2019
  • MetaDoom (nchud-metadoom.pk3) - by CottonDisciple, ShockwaveS08 - September 7th, 2019
  • Naku-Naru (nchud-nakunaru.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08 - September 7th, 2019
  • Project Brutality 3.0 Test (nchud-projectbrutality.pk3) - by Tekish - June 6th, 2019
  • Smooth Doom (nchud-smoothdoom.pk3) - by Blue Shadow - March 6th, 2018
  • Strife Uncut (nchud-strifeuncut.pk3) - by CottonDisciple, ShockwaveS08 - January 17th, 2019
  • Weapons of Saturn (nchud-weaponsofsaturn.pk3) - by Tekish - June 6th, 2019
  • Zagemod (nchud-zagemod.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08, silentzora - June 6th, 2019
  • ZioMcCall's Brutal Wolfenstein (nchud-zmcbrutalwolf.pk3) - by ShockwaveS08 - June 6th, 2019
Miscellaneous patches
  • Powerups Icons (nchud-powerupicons.pk3) - by Blue Shadow, ShockwaveS08 - January 17th, 2019
    Enables drawing of supported IWADs' powerups when they're active.
Old patches
  • These patches are not compatible with the latest version of the HUD.
  • Compatible with v1.32
  • Compatible with v1.31
  • Compatible with v1.22
Stand-alone versions
  • These are modifications of the HUD which are created and maintained by other members of the community for their favorite mods.
Patch-related notes (Last updated on October 1st, 2017)
  • Do not request patches. The ones I will be making are only for mods that I am interested in.
  • The main HUD (nchud-main.pk3) is required for the patches to work. Make sure it is loaded before the patch files, and after any other mods, e.g.,
    <mod> nchud-main.pk3 <patch>.
  • If you want to submit a patch, then feel free to do so, and I shall add it above to the list of patches. Do note, however, that I will not maintain those patches submitted by others. It is the submitter's job to keep their patches up to date and working.
  • If you decide to make a patch, make sure it is compatible with the current release version of the HUD. I will not accept patches that are not.
Usage permission
  • You're free to use the HUD in your mods or to use it as a base for modification. Although this goes without saying, make sure to give credits.
Spoiler: Screenshot
Spoiler: Previous versions
Last edited by Blue Shadow on Thu May 27, 2021 7:55 pm, edited 71 times in total.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Re: A custom HUD

Post by Slax »

Still room to show all of your reserve ammo over the ammo counter. Hint hint. ;)
EDIT: Just a personal preference. Can't stand huds without it.
Last edited by Slax on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

This is a very very nice HUD, exactly what I was looking for.

Some suggestions would be for the ammo counter to also display the max amount as well as the current. and for the HUD to work when "hud_scale" is set to true which right now makes it look messed up
SFJake

Post by SFJake »

Like the simplicity of it.

I think Health could use never being blue. I like that it changes color when it gets lower, and it fits better. But then it goes up and gets blue, like the rest of the screen. Thats not ideal, in my opinion.

Plus, I'm not sure I see the need for the weapon numbers, and I'd rather be able to see how much ammo I have.

Really like the overall look.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Blue Shadow wrote:Note: Due to some issues I ran into, which I couldn't find a solution for (yet), the HUD replaces the normal status bar and not the fullscreen one.
What sort of issues? As far as I can tell, you should be able to just use "statusbar normal, fullscreenoffsets" to make that work...
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Ack. Yeah, this should definitely be replacing the fullscreen bar. I currently get this:

This definitely looks great from the screenshot, though! Simple, yet attractive. Hopefully the issue is worked out soonish.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

You could also set the statusbar's Resolution to a number like 800x600, so that even if a user has HUD_SCALE turned on, it'll only scale up to that.
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

wildweasel wrote:You could also set the statusbar's Resolution to a number like 800x600, so that even if a user has HUD_SCALE turned on, it'll only scale up to that.
Yes please.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

SFJake wrote:I think Health could use never being blue. I like that it changes color when it gets lower, and it fits better. But then it goes up and gets blue, like the rest of the screen. Thats not ideal, in my opinion.
I appreciate your opinion, but it won't change, sorry. I'd like to keep some consistency with the other bars colors (armor and ammo) as blue being the "normal" color. Turning the health bar to yellow and red is special case.
Plus, I'm not sure I see the need for the weapon numbers, and I'd rather be able to see how much ammo I have.
I thought about not including the arms (weapon numbers), but sometimes I wish I had a way of knowing if I already have weapon x and weapon y. I could try and press the keys on my keyboard to see, however, with the arms dispaly, all I need is a quick glance on the right.

This of course applies to the "reserve" ammo display. That's why I'm gonna try and include it.
wildweasel wrote:What sort of issues?
Well, they're more of annoyences really; one is related to the inventory bar, which I think I've found a solution for (I haven't tried it yet) and the other is the mugshot.

Since I'm using the fullscreenoffsets flag, merely adding the mugshot won't work well, since it'll be too small for the HUD. That's why I scaled it up 200% with the use of TEXTURES. It worked well for the HUD but not that well for the standard Doom status bar. I tried "defining" a new separate mugshot to use specially for the HUD, alas I seem to have failed. So, that's why I did what I did, because I'd rather have it replace Doom's standard statusbar than have a "broken" one.

Long story short; if I want the HUD to replace ZDoom's fullscreen HUD, then I'd like to keep Doom's standard status bar intact and unaffected by any changes I could or might have done to my HUD (like the mugshot case above).

For the hud_scale issue and as per wildweasel solution, I used the resolution command and it doesn't seem to affect wherther you've hud_scale on or off, which is what we want. However, I used 640x400 and not 800x600, as the results didn't turn out quite well with the latter.

First post updated to hopefully fix this issue. Could someone test this and see if it works for them as well, please.
Xtyfe

Post by Xtyfe »

much better, works with hud_scale now :D except the inventory bar is not scaled still
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Fixing the hud_scale issue missed up the offest of the inventory bar*. Also, the inventory bar doesn't seem to be affected by hud_scale unlike the rest of the HUD. :?

Man! I never realised how buggy this thing actually is when I uploaded it. It's all because of this hud scale thing. If I knew it would be such an issue, I would have refrained from uploading it.

Anyway, first post is updated with another hotfix. Is it any better?

* It also missed up Doom's standard statusbar. So, forget what I said about keeping Doom's standard status bar intact and having this HUD replace ZDoom's fullscreen HUD. It's gonna stay as it's.
Xtyfe

Post by Xtyfe »

Yep, its aligned now
Pachira

Post by Pachira »

I get an error when I try to play with this in Skulltag.

Code: Select all

Script error, "nc_custom_hud_v03.pk3:sbarinfo.txt" line 3:
Bad syntax.
Nash

Post by Nash »

This is a nice custom HUD. If you get the fullscreen version sorted out, I hope you scale down the graphics so it's smaller. Also, shouldn't the ammo icon change depending on the current weapon selected? Currently all weapons use the shotgun shell icon.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Pachira wrote:Skulltag.
There's your problem.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”